Bourbon

Tonight was 4 roses small batch

Picked up my engraved Distillers select, I think it was from a single barrel.
2574563e98706c957ec5547089392483.jpg
3ad1aa71f17dea68612994ad790c6600.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

So this ole boy at work has been going around "collecting". He won't drink a bottle until he has multiples. He's got me searching out some new stuff. So far the Eagle Rare, Rock Hill Farms, and Sazerac Rye have been good choices. For my birthday meal I chose Elmer T. Lee and Rock Hill Farms. If you stumble across any of these and want to do some bootlegging, let me know. I've got a Stagg Jr. waiting at the house. I've heard it's a sipping whiskey. It's full proof so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm striking out on really good stuff. I can't even score any buffalo recently :(

View attachment 333488
They've got a shit ton in town right now. They've got a gallon for $49. I know that doesn't help you there but it's out there....somewhere.

Educated the wife tonight. We’ve been sipping on Knob Creek recently, which she’s taken a liking too, well, tonight we had the left overs from a small bottle of Evan Williams that was bought for cooking purposes.

Let’s just say , she’s not a fan of the “lesser” valued drink. Definitely a difference in taste and smoothness.

We’re not connoisseurs by any means.

Last edited:
Been doing some business in Iowa and Missouri the damndest thing is Buffalo trace and the old wellers are fully stocked at Walmart’s like socks on the shelf, the sad part is they only drink bush light and disarono out there so that shit will go to waste

Got lucky on Christmas eve and saw a gift basket with Weller Antique 107 in it. The local stores did this, IMO, yo move inventory. Put something good in there that's sought after and then cluster in some mediocre bottles. Whatevs, I got me my Weller.

Been doing some business in Iowa and Missouri the damndest thing is Buffalo trace and the old wellers are fully stocked at Walmart’s like socks on the shelf, the sad part is they only drink bush light and disarono out there so that shit will go to waste
Seems like they have all the good stuff out west, not sure why. I was almost shocked when we walked into the liquor store. I picked up a few things in Colorado.
20201226_191218.jpg

Xmas gift from a neighbor.
View attachment 334096 whipped my ass

Tried that once and from what I remember, not a bad pour for the money. Pretty fruity/sweet up front, then transitions to a leathery/spice taste. I thought it was extremely light, with minimal burn for a barrel proof, especially at it's price point.

Tried that once and from what I remember, not a bad pour for the money. Pretty fruity/sweet up front, then transitions to a leathery/spice taste. I thought it was extremely light, with minimal burn for a barrel proof, especially at it's price point.

I was feeling no pain when I got to the xmas eve party after having 5 or 6 shots of 1800 silver at home.After some beers and more spensvie tequilla my neigbor had and then the 105 had me stumbling down the road back the house.

I was feeling no pain when I got to the xmas eve party after having 5 or 6 shots of 1800 silver at home.After some beers and more spensvie tequilla my neigbor had and then the 105 had me stumbling down the road back the house.
Oh it was definitely the Bourbon, lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Picked up a couple new ones to try tonight. Is it normal for NC ABC stores to keep the good stuff behind the counter? and only allow you to purchase 1 bottle, not 1 bottle of each kind just 1 bottle total???

20210106_204730.jpg

Back