Bronco Reveal

WTF...still happy.

BTW...my Father is a "boomer" (give you a dollar to call him that to his face - I love cheap entertainment) & prefers automatics.

P.S. - there was mention of cookies? Yes, please.

Cmon Doc...you know better than to challenge me with a good time. And I'll be bringing cupcakes Saturday to share.

I've been told since I started driving 17years ago that I would get tired of shifting gears in a couple years. Everybody said " I used to like driving a stick too but then I got older and tired of it". Well I'm nowhere near tired of it and actually hate driving autos. Something about not shifting gears makes driving miserable for me.

5 of our 6 vehicles are manuals. I know I'm part of a small group and life ain't fair but it really sucks when vehicle shopping. It is now impossible to find a vehicle that fits my needs in a manual. So far my wife and I both like the new Bronco and hopefully when we see/drive one it will be able to fit our needs.

Same boat here, I would like my next truck to be less than 10 years old....and still be a manual, mid-size trucks don't meet my needs....so it will have to be a Ram with a cummins......sadly there will come a day when I just want something new-er-ish that I don't have to wrench on constantly, and I guess at that point it will HAVE to be an automatic.

Hope Ford doesn't screw up the Bronco too much between here and launch, if they don't....I will probably be buying one 3 years after they launch, and the bugs, and insanity of instant gratification buyers have been shaken out.

Boomers are not the target buyers for the new Bronco. Boomers are between 56 and 74 yrs old with an average age of 65.

For a road vehicle that is intended to be fun to drive - manual. Why? just b/c its fun. Is it practical, or better? Nope. But its fun.

For offroad and avoiding the 3-pedal sguffle? Automatic. B/c that stick is no longer fun, it comes a chore.

I've got no problem w/ anybody that wants either. But it is really hard for me to imagine a market of any size that is people who would buy a new gen Bronco for ONLY off-road use, and want that to be a stick.
But that said I'd be fine with, and probably enjoy a stick Brconco for the fun of driving it around town and to the trails, then tolerate dealing w/ it offroad.

Most broncos will never see a technical trail. We all know this.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Yet they sell Rubicons all day long at the dealership.

Cause they look cool and macho. Most are pavement pounders.
But you can get a manual!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Just like the Broncos will be

For a road vehicle that is intended to be fun to drive - manual. Why? just b/c its fun. Is it practical, or better? Nope. But its fun.

For offroad and avoiding the 3-pedal shuffle? Automatic. B/c that stick is no longer fun, it comes a chore.

I've got no problem w/ anybody that wants either. But it is really hard for me to imagine a market of any size that is people who would buy a new gen Bronco for ONLY off-road use, and want that to be a stick.

I really never find myself wishing for an automatic offroad. I do greatly appreciate the engine braking and control of a manual going up and down hill. Deep crawler gears make the "shuffle" mostly a non-issue; if the engine has enough bottom end torque not to stall for a second or two you pretty much let the clutch out and switch from brake to gas and go.

Newest Bronco news: A 4-door pickup to fight the Gladiator: https://www.automobilemag.com/news/exclusive-ford-bronco-pickup-coming-battle-jeep-gladiator/

I really never find myself wishing for an automatic offroad. I do greatly appreciate the engine braking and control of a manual going up and down hill. Deep crawler gears make the "shuffle" mostly a non-issue; if the engine has enough bottom end torque not to stall for a second or two you pretty much let the clutch out and switch from brake to gas and go.

Newest Bronco news: A 4-door pickup to fight the Gladiator: https://www.automobilemag.com/news/exclusive-ford-bronco-pickup-coming-battle-jeep-gladiator/
But you can get all that re: engine braking and such w/ an auto in sport-shift mode, which they all have.

Wheeling my mostly stock YJ with 3.08 gears was a bit of a chore, and required a fair amount of 3-pedal shuffle. Jumping into a 2006 Rubicon, putting it in 4-lo and taking off in 1st felt like cheating.....it was so effortless!
I imagine the bronco with the squatch package and a 7 speed will be a similar experience.....I have always preferred a manual in heavy traffic (especially with a creeper)....establish your healthy following distance, put it in first and just idle along at the average speed of 2mph.....just like the big rigs.

Here is some picture from the super cell. Was a little hesitant at first, but it looks way better in person.

One weird thing the 4 door doesn’t have cup holders for the rear seats, but the 2 door did.

814892e922bfc642006512ae13aefc30.jpg

6dbcd1438ad2c523b83a0d5e49221007.jpg

4759003fb577affca6a3d0de8761e932.jpg

The overland concept

1e264ab1c8458111394125c720436fee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Ford site (build n price) for the 2021 Bronco will not allow 4-cyl/7-spd/Sasquatch package...thought I had read they relented on that.

Still want one.

New Ford site (build n price) for the 2021 Bronco will not allow 4-cyl/7-spd/Sasquatch package...thought I had read they relented on that.

Still want one.

Squatch with the manual is "Late availability", Probably won't build any until the 2022 Model Year.. But this morning I built a base/squatch/2.7l/Auto, and it came in under $39,000, which seems pretty respectable for what you get. The more I look at what you get as far a programming wizardry with the automatic, the more I think that's the route to go anyway... I'd miss the manual, but then I'll hit the "Trail turn Assist" button, and forget all about not having a clutch while doing a front dig around a tree.

Last edited:
upload_2020-10-23_13-38-31.png

upload_2020-10-23_13-39-21.png

Few small extras besides the Sasquatch and 2.7l V6, Just the aux Switches and floor liners though.

I wonder if they'll knock off the Destintion Charges if I fly up to Michigan and Drive it home.

Even with the Modular Bumper you still need a separate winch plate... I considered the rock rails and bumper, but I hope the aftermarket will have better options on those before I actually buy a Bronco anyway (2022 at the earliest...)

Even with the Modular Bumper you still need a separate winch plate... I considered the rock rails and bumper, but I hope the aftermarket will have better options on those before I actually buy a Bronco anyway (2022 at the earliest...)

Probably a good idea...

2) I’m curious how many of those 190k reservations will convert to sales.
Its nonrefundable, so at the least that 1.9m in Ford's pocket.

Back