Bronco Reveal

That should be the sport...and simply based on the innernet responses I've seen, feedback is pretty meh at best. Not sure what the point of the sport was, except for maybe soccer moms???

With things like the doofy new "Defender" commanding $60k this is a way to siphon some more sales from Bronco hype. Just like Jeep having the Wrangler as the "halo" vehicle but in reality lots of people can only afford a compass, liberty, whatever, this is a way to get buyers to the dealer to buy a Ford but they cannot commit to a real Bronco. The Bandlands version looks better, has a bigger engine, small lift, better tires, skid plates, tow hooks, fender lip flares, and a torque-vectoring rear diff with diff lock. Should get places many other cute-utes can't at that price point ($35k).

2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Earns the Bronco Name

With things like the doofy new "Defender" commanding $60k this is a way to siphon some more sales from Bronco hype. Just like Jeep having the Wrangler as the "halo" vehicle but in reality lots of people can only afford a compass, liberty, whatever, this is a way to get buyers to the dealer to buy a Ford but they cannot commit to a real Bronco. The Bandlands version looks better, has a bigger engine, small lift, better tires, skid plates, tow hooks, fender lip flares, and a torque-vectoring rear diff with diff lock. Should get places many other cute-utes can't at that price point ($35k).

2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Earns the Bronco Name
See also CAFE standards testing.

FD91E29E-A7AF-477F-A518-DB29460181A1.jpeg
53EC326C-2911-4667-AAB3-5736E11E7BCF.jpeg
Saw this at the local Ford dealership. It’s the sport outer banks edition.

View attachment 333916 View attachment 333917 Saw this at the local Ford dealership. It’s the sport outer banks edition.

Thats what my GF has been eying. We sat in the sport and looked around at the dealer this week, she really likes the red.

After more thoughts, she is really looking at the bigger bronco now, we might throw a deposit just to see, but really we are wanting to pick something up spring of next year for her. Likely a 4 door big bend for her, maybe a 2 door? I like the idea of the black diamond to get the locker and rubber interior but that ads another 3k

Told myself I’d drive this Lincoln until the wheels fall off (have a wheel bearing grinding, so I’m hoping soon)...but I’ve pretty much given up hope on snagging a new bronco on this round of vehicle purchases. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bronco inventory sells above MSRP at first, plus I hate being a guinea pig on new stuff. Probably just buy another Expedition for myself, and in 5-8 years, I’ll revisit the Bronco topic once the luster has worn off and the gremlins have been found and fixed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bronco inventory sells above MSRP at first,
Especially with gov stim checks burning a hole in people's pocket
If these hit the dealers around April the price goes up by $1400...

I'll wait about 9 months to pick up an "I couldn't really afford it" deal.

Especially with gov stim checks burning a hole in people's pocket
If these hit the dealers around April the price goes up by $1400...

I'll wait about 9 months to pick up an "I couldn't really afford it" deal.

In general...that's kind of what I've been holding out for on my next vehicle purchase. But dotgov keeps handing out money. I'm also kinda hoping gas jumping 54cents/gal in my area over the last month, reminds folks they can't afford their gas guzzlers either. I'm just not sure when that perfect trifecta of stimmy money running out, tax refund money running out and gas prices becoming too high happens.

In general...that's kind of what I've been holding out for on my next vehicle purchase. But dotgov keeps handing out money. I'm also kinda hoping gas jumping 54cents/gal in my area over the last month, reminds folks they can't afford their gas guzzlers either. I'm just not sure when that perfect trifecta of stimmy money running out, tax refund money running out and gas prices becoming too high happens.
June July when they are still trying not to work and living on the govco tittie and the summer vacations are in full swing and they can’t afford to drive to them.

my .02

June July when they are still trying not to work and living on the govco tittie and the summer vacations are in full swing and they can’t afford to drive to them.

my .02
My money is on the fall when the unemplyment bonus cash ends and the random udner-the-table summer jobs dry up.

my .02
My money is on the fall when the unemplyment bonus cash ends and the random udner-the-table summer jobs dry up.

Well fiddlesticks...the way you guys talk I’ll have a ball joint and wheel bearing to replace before I get a new vehicle.

We put a deposit down, we will see if we wait that long, dealers are saying if you put a deposit now most likely the end of 22 will be when you can actually get one. We wanted to get one Spring of next year ideally. The GF will likely end up with a 4 door Big Bend, no real need for the higher trims for us. Slight chance maybe she will do a black diamond or outer banks.
None of the dealers in NC really deal on them, so we put the deposit down on a dealer in WV that will do 1k under invoice on them.

Ford I guess also changed some language in some of what they have presented to make it seem like they may do some dealer stock inventory for MY22 as well.

Not worth it for a Bronco Sport, It's Unibody with a full independent suspension.... Could make a decent desert runner out of it though... (But not at $13,000!)

Not worth it for a Bronco Sport, It's Unibody with a full independent suspension.... Could make a decent desert runner out of it though... (But not at $13,000!)

I mean...with the number XJ’s out there, I wouldn’t let the unibody thing bother me. And someone is gonna be the first to do a solid axle swap, so no biggie there either. But paying $13k for a wrecked vehicle...yeah, that gets me.

Having shipped a couple vehicles to AK some years back you don’t want to pay for that shipping bill I guarantee you.

Yeah...I was more or less being sarcastic since the threads floating around seem to be mostly negative experiences. Furthest I ever shipped a vehicle was from Idaho about 15 years ago...and that was $1600 at the time.

Yeah...I was more or less being sarcastic since the threads floating around seem to be mostly negative experiences. Furthest I ever shipped a vehicle was from Idaho about 15 years ago...and that was $1600 at the time.
Shipped 3 Dodge 2500 CTD trucks from Texas to Anchorage to the sum of about $13k and took close to 30 days.

Back