Burrellsjeep Project: Eugene

Mine did well on the ride yesterday, I need to do so look as to what is knocking on the frame rail, I need to trim up one of my Frame Link mounts, its contacting the exhaust. I hope thats the noise, Since the cage is hard mounted its like a turning fork for an noise under the jeep. I have poly engine mounts and it already vibrates like hell, has since I installed the mounts (Brown Dog Polys). Call them they said the 4 bangers have more vibs, and its common.

How does that setup ride on the road without a steering stablizer?!

I did some work on the interior dome lite, I used a LED lite and some scrape 1/4 lexan i had, and made a plate to mount the lite, It turned out pretty well, i was not happy with the stock lite, it just didn't look like it fit.

Kinda hard to see
087.jpg

089.jpg

088.jpg

So these showed up on my door step Friday, thanks to Rock Auto

016.jpg
JK Turn Signals

Still trying to source a 1.5 bender or 1.5 JD Dia to bend the tube for the fenders. I plan to do the JK turn signal mod, the existing TJ turn signal plugs will fit the JK housings so no need to mod the plug, I plan to mount them below the head lites.

I started planning and laying out my tube fenders for the front.

The plan is to run a shorty style bumper that I will build, With a half or short flat top stinger with some bracing. The bumper will end at the frame rails. The fenders will be layed back at a 45 degreeish angle (still working on the details), I do not plan to run a flare. The fenders will be built out of 1.5 .120 wall tube and 18 gauge sheet metal. For turn signals I will be putting in JK turn signals and using the factory plugs and bulbs. Stretching the front would be Ideal to gain some approach angle but I am not at that stage just yet. For now I want to do what I can.

Here are some pictures so you can get the idea.

008.jpg

006.jpg

002.jpg

Trail Jammers had a Uwharrie camping trip last weekend, wheeled it pretty hard and it held up great, Other than loosing another rear coil and bending a front lower control arm, it did good. I am ordering some rear spring retainers from Mud Pro to solve the spring issue. The bend in the control arm is slight at best, If i didn't point it out you couldn't tell, Just a part of wheeling. I came down on it pretty hard and the bracket held up like a champ even with enough force to bend to 1.75 3/8 DOM. I will snap pic of it later.

Video of the spring coming out as well as when I bent the arm.

Now that I have the camping trip out of the way, Its time to move on to the front end, I plan to cut the fenders and build a front bumper / mini stinger in the next few weeks, I am still in the process of gathering parts I need along with some tools. I picked up a 3 1/8 hole saw today for the JK turn signals. May have to do some getto bending on the tube fenders, Should be interesting.

Pretty cool. That reminds me of my kids when they were that age. My son would have been saying right foot dad and my daughter would have said foward not backward. Truth be known they talked me into breaking most of my junk.

loved the commentary:lol:
Pretty cool. That reminds me of my kids when they were that age. My son would have been saying right foot dad and my daughter would have said foward not backward. Truth be known they talked me into breaking most of my junk.

The guy doing the voice over is a buddy of Bryans that wheeled with us, I he was pretty funny to wheel with.

Where in URE was that video?

Got the JK Turn Signals Mounted today.

Here are the measurements for the pilot holes, I used a 3 1/8 inch hole saw to drill my holes. I wanted my layout to look like the CJs layout.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_Measurements.jpg

Once I drilled the holes I rerouted the wiring for the existing turn signals into the grill of the TJ, the plugs will fit the JK turn signal housings.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_043.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_045.jpg

Once the holes are cut, I cleaned it up a wiz wheel. The JK housing have three "fins" on them, Some guys cut slots and use them to lock the housing in place, I choose to cut them off, the lights press in really nice and tight, Once I paint the grill I will seal the lights in place with some RTV but for now there in there really snug with just the press fit.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_048.jpg

Running Light (Passenger side needs a bulb)

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_050.jpg

Turn Signal on
ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_051.jpg

Turned out pretty well.

Now I just need to start cutting the fenders and bending some tube. And then on to the front bumper.

Thanks for the vid.

Was it just me, or was the chick in the back of the Jeep right in front of you riding with no seatbelt(?)...that could've been bad news.

Fenders

I started the fenders yesterday, I was able to get one mostly mocked and fitted.

Before Pictures
ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_Before1.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_Before2.jpg

Cut away

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_Cut2.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_Cut1.jpg

I began laying them out with some measurements and blue tape on the garage floor, I do not have a 1.5 Tube Dia, So I decide I would do a little different look and angle mine.

Measurements are 8 7/8 X 41 is the square measurement, Then I decided on my angle and layed that out inside the squared area. The angle is ~50 degrees.

Top Fender
ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_Layout.jpg

Side Bar
ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_007_3.jpg

Mocked up on the Fenders

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_008_4.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_006_3.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_025_1.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_SideTube.jpg

Using Templates to cut out the 18 gauge sheet metal

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_Templates.jpg

That is as far as got last night, I post as I make some progress. The other side should be allot quicker, Less figuring to do. And don't be hating on the pink :flipoff2:

Back