Cherocar

@Loganwayne it's close. I'm gonna have to grind some of the sway bar mounts off.
20180313_212242.jpg
20180313_212348.jpg

Dayum. Me gusta. That's 1.5" OD tube? Drill the knuckles to 3/4" or 7/8"?

Sway bars on this whip? o_O

no sway bars on this turd.
I drilled the drivers side knuckle to 3/4. The hole in the pass knuckle is huge...I'm going to put 3/4 weld washers on both knuckles. It's 1.5 .25 wall tube for the tie rod.

Not sure on the ram location yet
20180313_220047.jpg

no sway bars on this turd.
I drilled the drivers side knuckle to 3/4. The hole in the pass knuckle is huge...I'm going to put 3/4 weld washers on both knuckles. It's 1.5 .25 wall tube for the tie rod.

Weaver fab makes tapered inserts for the passenger side knuckle I believe to solve the giant hole issue if you are looking for a more solid fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested to see how the reservoir is going to work out. That is the main reason I went from a single ended ram to a double ended.

I'm going to install a 40amp breaker in the garage today....then it's game on.

I removed the steering box last night and cut all the extra bracketry off the new column. My goal by Friday night is to get the column/orbital mounted so I can measure for the hoses.

So are you doing a single ram full hydro?

I hope I get to see it in person. I respect full hydro and it's benefits but having had to be drug out of tellico with a dead motor I like the idea of being able to steer some...... even if it takes two people to turn the wheel......

I hope I get to see it in person. I respect full hydro and it's benefits but having had to be drug out of tellico with a dead motor I like the idea of being able to steer some...... even if it takes two people to turn the wheel......

Yea I know but honestly....this thing will probably never move again under it's own power so I ain't worried about that.

Unlike what ppl say, you can steer full hydro with no engine running. you have to turn the wheel a million times though.

I am also interested in how he figures out the pump... im guessing some type of fitting and jbweld.

I am also interested in how he figures out the pump... im guessing some type of fitting and jbweld.

When I was going to run a stock pump I was just going to pick up a late 80's 4 cyl s10 power steering pump. It bolts in and has a factory remote reservoir.

That said, I just ponied up and bought the 180 buck psc pump.

Last edited:
Stopping by to check out this scene!
Freakin gnarly! I'm jealous of those offset heims. Those came out only a few weeks after I dropped the coin on offset TREs.

I'm thinking pretty hard about the PSC pump.
Pulled the leaky stock one off tonight and found that I bought the wrong plug for the welder:(
20180318_222726.jpg

When I was going to run a stock pump I was just going to pick up a late 80's 4 cyl s10 power steering pump. It bolts in and has a factory remote reservoir.

That said, I just ponied up and bought the 180 buck psc pump.

From what I've read. The v8 WJ has the best stock TC style pump

The main diffrenence between the wj pumps and others is the intake fitting. You can drill any tc power steering pump to the same flow...

So what you're saying is....All TC pumps are created equal the fitting on the high pressure side dictates flow and pressure? What year s-10 pump?

So what you're saying is....All TC pumps are created equal the fitting on the high pressure side dictates flow and pressure? What year s-10 pump?

Basically... but the intake is a big difference. That is where the aftermarket pumps vary bigtime with stock pumps. The WJ pump has a much larger intake fitting.

Basically... but the intake is a big difference. That is where the aftermarket pumps vary bigtime with stock pumps. The WJ pump has a much larger intake fitting.

I'm going to O Riley's this afternoon. I'll compare a few of them.

Back