Christmas lights

drkelly

Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands
Worst year ever. All of these are dead, and are now in the trash can.

PXL_20201128_152333119.jpg

Been there my friend. It’s been Christmas at my house since November 1st. Lights were good to go this year, but I spent half the night looking for a 3 way plug that I’ve been staring at on my workbench since last Christmas. Now that I needed it, it was gone. It somehow ended up in the bag with my grinder. Of course that was the last place I looked. It’s a must have for my front porch set up. Crisis avoided. Lights are up.

Been there my friend. It’s been Christmas at my house since November 1st. Lights were good to go this year, but I spent half the night looking for a 3 way plug that I’ve been staring at on my workbench since last Christmas. Now that I needed it, it was gone. It somehow ended up in the bag with my grinder. Of course that was the last place I looked. It’s a must have for my front porch set up. Crisis avoided. Lights are up.

Man, you start early! We always start on Friday after Thanksgiving.

Man, you start early! We always start on Friday after Thanksgiving.
I usually start then too, but the wife had a wild hair this year. The Christmas is strong in our house this year. I come home to new decorations on the regular. There’s Christmas decorations in my laundry room if that gives you any idea.

On year #4 of LED lights and no issues. Just make the switch to LED and never look back. Wife can change them from white or colored, or blinky and combos.

On year #4 of LED lights and no issues. Just make the switch to LED and never look back. Wife can change them from white or colored, or blinky and combos.

Any lights I buy now are LED. Most of those strands in my picture are 5-10 years old or more regular lights.

In case anyone wants ideas to make Christmas decorations easier. 3 strands of lights, a spotlight & a T-post and I'm fully decorated in 15 minutes...I'm single so YMMV.
c9e203bc2508810ba61667baf901e3e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We bought a new house right before Christmas last year. (Moved in on Dec 20th I think!)

This year I started to put lights up, then the former owners sent my wife pictures of how they'd decorated it in previous years and put all my hardwork to shame.

The bar has been set, and it has been set high. :(

Half the lights in my pre-lit tree didn't work this year and my old icicle lights are burning up fuses. I guess its time to make the switch to LED at my house. :shaking:

Half the lights in my pre-lit tree didn't work this year and my old icicle lights are burning up fuses. I guess its time to make the switch to LED at my house. :shaking:

Same here. I spent about 60 seconds trying to remove the old lights. I was unsuccessful, so said screw it and just left them on the tree. I wrapped some new lights around the tree and rolled on.

Got my star restrung with lights last week. I built it for my grandmother 6 or 7 years ago when she first came down with Alzheimer's. She had ask my dad and grandad to put some kind of Christmas lights up there for 30yrs but they never got around to it. I wanted her to be able to see it while she could still enjoy it. She thoroughly enjoyed it, so much in fact that my grandad closed all the blinds on that side of their house so she would quit telling him about it every 2 minutes :lol:

For reference, the elevator is 90ft tall and the star is 8ft across. It nearly killed me dragging it up there, it got real heavy around 60ft :lol:

IMG_20201201_174342113.jpg
IMG_20201201_174354663.jpg

Is the Star of David really Christmas lights though :confused: Now will you leave it up there year round like the rest of JoCo? :flipoff2:

Duane

Is the Star of David really Christmas lights though :confused: Now will you leave it up there year round like the rest of JoCo? :flipoff2:

Duane

You need to pay better attention in Sunday School! Bethlehem, the city of David.

Look close next time you ride by, it's been up the whole time. I just unplug the lights after Christmas ha. It's too heavy to drag up and down every year. I restring the lights up there.

You need to pay better attention in Sunday School! Bethlehem, the city of David.

Look close next time you ride by, it's been up the whole time. I just unplug the lights after Christmas ha. It's too heavy to drag up and down every year. I restring the lights up there.

I know, I just always think of Judaism, which make me think of Hanukkah, which reminds me not everyone celebrates Christmas. And when I think of Bethlehem, I think of the Star of Bethlehem, which traditionally is depicted with eight points. And that reminds me of my favorite Christmas song, the Little Drummer Boy. And then........

Duane

@awheelterd thats awesome. I have to re string 2 similar stars my wifes grandad built out of conduit waaaayyyy back in the day. It actually has bulb sockets welded all over it. They will be up on silo's in the 80' range hopefully this weekend.
Dang, that sounds like an intense star :lol:

Mine is just 1"x1/4" galvanized flat bar bolted together. I used 3" bolts in all the points so I can just wrap regular Christmas lights around the front of the star where they will be seen.

Got my star restrung with lights last week. I built it for my grandmother 6 or 7 years ago when she first came down with Alzheimer's. She had ask my dad and grandad to put some kind of Christmas lights up there for 30yrs but they never got around to it. I wanted her to be able to see it while she could still enjoy it. She thoroughly enjoyed it, so much in fact that my grandad closed all the blinds on that side of their house so she would quit telling him about it every 2 minutes :lol:

For reference, the elevator is 90ft tall and the star is 8ft across. It nearly killed me dragging it up there, it got real heavy around 60ft :lol:

View attachment 332092 View attachment 332093

I love that!
Reminds me of one my Grandpa built when I was a little boy.
He built it out of scrap 4" shiplap. I repaired it a few times for my dad after my Grandpa passed.
Not sure how big it was but it was taller than me by a lot!
He lived in Cana VA ....2-3 mile from the state line.
The star could easily be seen from the top of 7 Mile Hill on 77!

Back