CJ5 prodject

sept. 2nd.

Picked up brake line stuff today... thanks to Taledaga Machine for making the stainless braided lines for me and selling me some hard to find parts...

ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_photobucket_5856_1314986226710.jpg

today I will be building the hard lines for the 14 bolt rear end, as well as building all new hard lines for the front diff. and installing it all, bleading the system and making sure all the brakes work properly.
tommarrow will be the day that I finish up all the welding on the suspention, stearing and coil towers...

After that its on to the dual battery set up ( I need to decide on a dual battery tray!!! )

aanndddd, Ordered the BTF dual optima tray, wrangler products NW dual battery manager and control switch, now to replace the main cables with cables that will reach all the way to the rear passenger compartment were the batteries will sit firmly ancored next to a 40 gal fuel cell, and on board air tank... I am beginning to think I should have used a CJ6 body and stretched the TJ frame ( were is all this crap gonna fit ) LOLOL

ancored next to a 40 gal fuel cell,

40 gallons?!?! holy s@$#!!! you're gonna hate your gas bill.....hell mines usually around $100 for my measly 32 gallons. what's that i hear.....$120, $130, $140? haha. well bro i finally got tired of fighting the tranny. it made a horrible clacking/rattling sound. dropped the thing 3 times over the weekend, put all new parts in it...still can't figure it out. so its at the shop. supposed to be done by the end of the week. any updates on when you're gonna be passing through here?

40 gallons?!?! holy s@$#!!! you're gonna hate your gas bill.....hell mines usually around $100 for my measly 32 gallons. what's that i hear.....$120, $130, $140? haha. well bro i finally got tired of fighting the tranny. it made a horrible clacking/rattling sound. dropped the thing 3 times over the weekend, put all new parts in it...still can't figure it out. so its at the shop. supposed to be done by the end of the week. any updates on when you're gonna be passing through here?
well, that sucks ... perhaps the previous owner had an inclination that something was wrong with it !!!! I hate having to install, remove, reinstall, remove again, and install again only to remove it and kick it around for awhile only to take it to a shop ... that would Piss me off LOLOL ... but you are far more mature than I am ofcourse.... LOL

And the large fuel cell is becouse I hate stoping to refuel... I prefer to drive it to the trail, wheel all day and drive it home without considering were the next fuel station is ... and ofcourse, in my never ending quest to be able to drive as far as possable without having to refuel .... example ( the ZOM-POCOLIPSE ) I rest my case... ie. run flats, internal beadlocks, bullet proof seats, body armor, a swivaling 240Bravo mount on the passenger (ie TC side) and a coms system that will reach across the country LOLOL ... Ill keep my oversized fuel tank thank you very much... ;-!

haha. funny. as for the tranny.....i dont think there's anything wrong with the trans itself. i think it's something up with the clutch somewhere. i dont know. never done a clutch before. the guy i got it from i met on fullsizebronco.com and he's a pretty respected member on there. dont think he'd short change me on the trans. oh by the way....know where i can get a bigger fuel tank for the bronco?

looking good

You know my motto (if your ready for the zom-pocalypse your ready for anything)

Sept. 10th.

And with soooo much still left to do on the build .... IT LIVES !!!!!! I was able to drive it out of the guarage and into the yard today ... Though, I quickly found out that once under pressure the brake system was hemeraging fluid in multiple locations ( that will take some work ) I simply put her in low range and moved on... couse who needs brakes anyways ...LOL

wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface is 78.5 in. she is wide even with the hummer wheels
ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_photobucket_4176_1315691767986.jpg

a side shot..
ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_photobucket_1482_1315691813563.jpg

there is sooooo much left to do on the thing, but it feels so good to get her out of the gurage and mobile (KINDA) , now, movie night with the kidoes and start working on all the little stuff tommarow

U gota get going before u need to stop I really like the low wide stance now take it for a long drive and find out If those gears wine

OH MY GOD YOU FINALLY WELDED THE KNUCKLES!!! haha. looks good bro. cant wait for you to get out here and we go wheeling together. colorado watch out!!

AANNDDDDD, Taledaga Machine built me a new High Pressure A.C. line ( couse Im a wuss and want A.C. in my jeep ), also had them build another set of soft brake lines to go from the proportioning valve to the hard lines on the frame. Ordered a RUFF STUFF 14 bolt diff cover for the rear axle (should be here monday or tuesday) ... this weekend I will start building the center console and seat mount brackets... Im also looking for the best way to mount a quick detack stearing wheel in place of the factory one...

AANNDDDDD, Taledaga Machine built me a new High Pressure A.C. line ( couse Im a wuss)
glad you said it otherwise i would've...haha. out here you're gonna want a good heater....
glad to see progress....can't wait for you to get out here and see the finished product. i will tell you, once you get here we wont have too much time to hit the trails...i'll be deploying shortly after.....

Lol..... it has a great heater, I'm about to order the new hard top and doors, so that will help keep out the cold... save some room on that bird, I'm leaning forward to try to go on that ride!!!!! GOOD times in the sun...

haha yep....by the way..updates.....lets see more pics...i didnt win fullsizebronco's fullsize of the month contest. came in 3rd though. i got a thing for 3rd...3rd in that show and shine with the car delaership at uwharrie (remember when i had the jeep and you had the rubicon?) 3rd in FOTM....hmmm....lol. i guess i'm just 3rd. haha. so what's new?
oh yea, got the bronco running again. i'm getting 12-15 mpg's now that i ditched the auto tranny. woohoo!!!

so you started on a trailer........but no more updates on the jeep?
Well, the Jeep is now good enough to drive up on a trailer... I'm leaving here in about 3 weeks, I need the trailer to haul all my gear and motorcycle out to school.... so yes, I have shifted my focus... plus I have a ton of stuff to do around the house to get it ready to sell... anyways, if the motorcycle sells here, I may sell the trailer... but I was talking to the "Jeep" last night and she likes the trailer.... lol so we will see...

Oct. 16th

Maiden voyage, albeit a short trip down the street, the brakes work now, theres fluid in the rear end and the transfercase is topped off... workin on hood pins today and a couple more body mounts as well as wiring the trailer I built ... enjoy

ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_th_photobucket_719_1318783001567.jpg

ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_th_photobucket_2935_1318782609360.jpg

HOLY SH@# IT WORKS!!!! one thing though....you look damn cramped in it haha! you know i gotta give you sh@#. good job though.

Yeah.... I gotta build a quick detach steering wheel to get in and out easily... and at 6'4" and 230 pounds, realy!!! I don't fit anywere very well....lol... it deff was a high point to drive it down the road.... peace:driver:

Yeah.... I gotta build a quick detach steering wheel to get in and out easily... and at 6'4" and 230 pounds, realy!!! I don't fit anywere very well....lol... it deff was a high point to drive it down the road.... peace:driver:

ya know i was considering pointing that out on here....even diane said it looked like the jeep was too small for you. ya know....if you had a bronco you'd have all the room youd need....haha.

Ordered some parts today, new best top super top, new 8274-50, arb, gears for the front Tera crd 60..... rcv shafts next month, and ive been considering not using my seats and getting a set of low back suspention seats ( more leg room)..... rubicon trip for this summer is a must so an arb fridge, and a rack system for the heepy is a must...

hmmmm.....if you get your welder out here we can make a new crossmember for me and if work lets me maybe we can hit the rubicon together. i got my manual tcase in today....but i broke the shifter. haha. oh well, tax returns are nice to me this year so i'll buy a new one. by the way, this damn school of yours is taking too long. haha.

hmmmm.....if you get your welder out here we can make a new crossmember for me and if work lets me maybe we can hit the rubicon together. i got my manual tcase in today....but i broke the shifter. haha. oh well, tax returns are nice to me this year so i'll buy a new one. by the way, this damn school of yours is taking too long. haha.
Yeah, I know... I'm surrounded by clowns here... I'm half way their, 70 more days to go... we need to settle on dated for the Rubicon, I've got 3 other guys from the Northwest and Arizona that want to go also... hopefully I'm around this summer, word on the street is our employer may see fit to send me on an African vacation, because he appreciates me so much....lol... and knows I need it...lolol

id love to go. just a matter of if i'm in a school or not. as for our vacations...don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. we just had a whole rash trips get cancelled. this whole budget cuts thingy....

Back