Cl find of the day

Yesssssss!

Price is a ridiculously steep because it's got the "barn find" markup, but it's pretty nice. Neglecting something in a barn for decades shouldn't make it more valuable, it just makes it neglected. Looks like someone tried a crowbar on the passenger door at some point. I don't really care if things are completely stock, because there isn't much that hasn't been improved mechanically since 1960. Actually, it's not even stock because of the seats and the other stuff. So $20k for a non-stock or mostly stock Elkey found in a barn is of no interest.. I know it's only original once, but it's already not original....

It's got a skull and crossbones front plate, and a more recent rear plate, so this looks like a completely fabricated barn find, or it hasn't been in a barn that long?

I'd totally rock it though, those are super cool.

Last edited:
Metro.png

91 Mustang

Must have some gold stashed in the car somewhere...

The stacks that aren't even hooked up according to the ad? Also, WTF is with the flat-flange roll bar sections? The roll bar is as functional as the stacks. It must be for a different truck.

aimages.craigslist.org_00v0v_c7O4T5q0nYw_600x450.jpg

Nope, nevermind. I don't even care about the flat flange joints. It's a slipjoint roll cage, so the flat flanges don't even matter. I think I see a #10 sheet metal screw holding the tubing sections together at the slip joint behind the drivers head. It's made just like the rollaround stand for my barbecue grill.

What a pile. Luckily, the bed can be patched up from the stack holes, and an actual roll bar can be installed, and then it might be a worthy start of a project vehicle.

But not for $14k. Ever.

Last edited:
That thieving pos stole Marty's tow chain.

Seat covers, steering wheel cover, doesn't sound low mileage.

Don't worry about the ride. Worry about what happens when you try to stop with 30 inch wheels and stock brakes.
Well to be fair, I assume they are alloy? Weight shouldn't be too different from like a 33" mud tire

Back