Cl find of the day

About The Tech
The Basics of AWD Traction Control
Christini’s patented mechanical All Wheel Drive system delivers power from the motorcycle transmission to the front wheel seamlessly. Because the system is coupled to the rear wheel through the main drive chain, the rear wheel cannot slip without transfer a percentage of the power to the front. Once the front shares the power, the torque feedback through the system eliminates rear wheel overspin. Thus Traction Control that Works!

The lightweight all-mechanical system works similar to that of AWD systems found on four wheeled vehicles. The AWD system (powering the front wheel) is driven at a slightly lower rate than the rear wheel (approximately 80%). Under optimum traction conditions, the rear wheel is actually driving faster than the front AWD system. One-way clutches within the front hub allow the front wheel to freewheel under these conditions. At this point, the AWD system is effectively passive. Though the front AWD system is turning, it is not actually transferring power to the front wheel. When the rear wheel loses traction, the drive ratio, relative to your forward speed, changes. The AWD system engages, transferring power to the front wheel until traction is reestablished at the rear wheel.An added benefit of AWD is that the front wheel does not want to wash out. When a front end tucks, the wheel stalls, stops turning, and begins to push. With the AWD system, as soon as the wheel begins to stall, power is delivered to the front wheel, forcing it to turn. With the front wheel under power, it is nearly impossible to wash out the front end.

See How it Works

About The Tech - Christini All Wheel Drive Motorcycles

1989 Mercury Grand Marquis - $16000 ( FB not CL )

1989 Mercury Grand Marquis

119227169_3411690102221538_3049751216521755039_o.jpg

Now that I'm a city boy I've got to get rid of my truck... I just don't need it anymore and it would be nice to have a second car to fit my family in.
This is sooo tempting. It's also the same size as my truck

'89 Mercury Colony Park Wagon BEST OFFER - cars & trucks - by owner...

View attachment 326418
1989 Mercury Grand Marquis - $16000 ( FB not CL )

1989 Mercury Grand Marquis

119227169_3411690102221538_3049751216521755039_o.jpg
Wasnt it @UTfball68 that had a thing for those cars??

Except those wagons cannot carry a full 4x8 sheet of material with gate up and window closed.
I had an ‘84 version of that and was very disappointed by this.
Mom's '64 Malibu would. We did it several times.

No I mean this was SEVERAL pages a few days ago
Ah, wrong thread:
Cl find of the day
Looks like mommucked started a thread in 2015 with the exact same title as the one GotWood started in 2013, and OutLander469 bumped the original instead of the active one.

Back