Discussion in 'Build Threads' started by BRUISER, Dec 11, 2016.
Not if they're not plug welded.
Stop starting crap in threads.
and Yes I am calling you out saying BULL CRAP.
I have run and many others have run this exact same setup for years with no issues.. Maybe the ones having issues cant weld very well..
It takes five minutes to plug weld them. It's a no-brainer for a fail-safe joint. It's best practice, and it results in a joint that's an order of magnitude stronger than without.
And yes, I have seen them tear out, and it breaks all kinds of shit when it goes. The driveshaft and the coilover shaft are the first to go.
Don't be a bitch about it. Just toss them in the drill press and fix it.
oh ok well I guess I will just jump on it..
It'll be better for it.
Oh, and if you'd like me to shit-post your threads, that's a service I can provide, free of charge.
Do y'all always grind and weld in shorts and t-sleeve shirts? Do you put sunscreen on? Etc....
looks like I may need to clean up this thread
Jeep is making great progress.
Front inner fenders done. Rear crusher corners done. Shock towers braced. ORI front reservoir mounted. And much more. It was a long very hot day.
Starting to get to all the smaller stuff. Little more fab and then we tear it apart paint it all
And thrash to get it done
All major fab is done. Time to tear it apart and paint it all
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Progress continues. 95% welding done. Links painted and axles primed. Rock rails in.
Final body work on rear fenders GenRight 4" aluminum bolt-on flares coming soon.
Ron making the final mods on the Poison Spyder Rock Sliders. The Metal Cloak front fenders required cutting the sliders.
Ran over a piece of metal on the shop floor. New tube. All fixed.
Corbin followed me around with the air hose keeping my tire inflated. Thanks buddy!
Stripping down the Jeep for final paint and install.
Ken installing the Savvy rear bumper braces.
John prepping the rear DYNATRAC axle for paint.
Progress is always a good thing
Those rear fenders turned out nice.
Rear fenders are aluminum and we had then stretched 2" so they fit the opening better.
After a few long night and a full day today. We have a full roller.
If all goes well Jack will be taking this home next weekend.
Need a new sticker fir the hood. Maybe "RUBI"?
Gotta say this makes me very proud to be associated with folks who care and have the ability to get it done.
Great job guys! I can see the sparkle in Jack's eye!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As Ken noted, last week and weekend were very productive. Several of the final parts were installed. The MetalCloak inner fenders and all the engine accessories were bolted in place. ECGS made the brake lines. The rear J.E. Reel 1350 driveshaft was installed along with some of the hydro-assist lines.
Here you can see the brake lines and ram-assist lines.
Lucas swapping front yokes and installing new driveshaft.
Lucas wiring the front blinker/running lights.
ORI installed, hopefully, for the last time!
Tires and front bumper. Rolling once again. Not before John R. Reworked the evap canister in its new home.
Not visible in the pic, but Ken was able to mount the stock gas filler. Looks completely stock.
Sitting and rolling smoothly at full bump
Rear GenRight tire carrier installed.
Looks awesome Jack!
Last night was a long night. Craig aka:superman spent almost 5 hrs rewiring the metalcloak lights that were installed wrong. It was a complete pain in the rear but he got it done. (Please always read the directions)
scott and myself got all steering lines made and installed and did the first run of bleeding the lines. And we put nitrogen in the ORI so it is at ride height.
Connected fuel tank added gas and fired the jeep. Finished all body mount bolts, and installed arb compressor and ran all the air lines and connected them all.
Only two pics I took were of the jeep doing the Carolina squat.
I am so proud to say the jeep is done and Jack took the jeep home today
We got all brakes done , emergency brakes done , rear tire on, front bumper and winch on, and steering all working perfect. I was able to take the jeep around the neighborhood with no issues.
Thanks to all of those that helped make this possible.
I can't wait to see pics of it in action.
Me driving it
The day it arrived
They day it left
Only took 168 days and I estimate 650
Total labor hrs.
Man that is badass. You guys did a good job!