Daniel is tough now...

This is only my 2nd season of going to URE so to me it is bigger than it ever has been. Last year it was only about 2' at it's worst just as it was Friday morning of opening day. I would say that it has doubled in height since opening morning. As for "ledge", I am just using the common vernacular I am seeing used so as not to offer any more confusion. :flipoff2:

here is another look at a CNC guy having a little bit to much fun

040821_craigscibetta.jpg

Not A ledge but a steep climb also not URE
This Is Crackers Neck and it was alot harder the those URE pics look to be.

cs000930.jpg

cs000932.jpg

DUDE!

I visited a buddy of mine in Mountain City last year… We drove all over Cracker’s Neck looking for that sort of stuff, and never bloody found it.

I’ll probably be headed down there again for another visit soon. --- If I can give you a firm date, does anyone care to be the Trail Guide for a little game of Follow the Leader?

That, or Callalentee would be cool too.

As for the Ledge on Daniel (Hu-huh... You said ‘vernacular’ ! :Rockon: )…

If it helps, it looked to me to be about the same - or thereabouts - as it was back in the latter part of 2002.

If it hadn’t rained like cats & dogs on Wednesday and Thursday, I know I would have at least taken a crack at it, and most likely gotten right up… It was the leftover precipitation that stymied our lead rig on Saturday the 16th and kept the rest of us from trying.

(And I’m still majorly regretting that one! :rolleyes: )

Cheers!
Smiley :smokin:

Smiley said:
DUDE!

I visited a buddy of mine in Mountain City last year… We drove all over Cracker’s Neck looking for that sort of stuff, and never bloody found it.

It is actually at Callalantee on Welder. I am gonna venture a guess that it is about halfway up Welder. It seems like the trail goes off to the left and uphill and the stream comes down on the right. If you follow the stream and not the trail (really a bypass from what I understand) you will be staring at that particular waterfall. I hope that helps.

Rich said:
I'm just wondering when it became a "ledge"... trail 2 has ledges. The picture below is a ledge (note that you can barely see the rear tires). That obstacle on Daniel is a short, steep section of a climb. Yes, it can be a PITA, but I was envisioning this straight up and down ledge as it was described.

(That's us looking for the locker that should have been in the front axle of Reid's 4-runner :flipoff2:)
IMG_1709_JPG_jpg.jpg

I'm with Rich.... there really isn't anything " hard " @ Uhwarrie.... unless you try and make it " hard ".

Please keep in mind that this original post was made over 2 weeks ago. Terrain changes, people stack rocks, and it dry's out.

Hollly trippple post Batmannn!!!

Last weekend it was dry on Friday and Saturday morning. The "Ledge" didn't give me or my bud in a lifted Rubi any trouble. He did it Friday night with only the rear locked. I heard that some folks on the trail Saturday afternoon (after the rain) had a hard time of it...just a little bit of water makes it slippery.

Third time is a charm Wolfpack?

drkelly said:
Third time is a charm Wolfpack?

Wireless connection is spotty out here... sorry.... damn server....

Looks like an admin fixed it already tho.

WolfpackTLC said:
I'm with Rich.... there really isn't anything " hard " @ Uhwarrie.... unless you try and make it " hard ".

Isn't that the locker there on the front bumper? :flipoff2:

Back