Deal Alert

Growing up in Indiana, this was always our go-to store for just about anything. Once I found out they were putting one in 20 miles down the road from the house, I was like Hell Yea! They also have a lot of killer deals on handguns all the time. RK guns https://www.rkguns.com/handguns.html Oh and don't forget the popcorn that is free while you shop! It is fawsome!! It will make you want to come back just for that! lol

First I've heard of the place. Now I want one.
Unfortunately the closest to me is in northern VA, about 150 miles away

You all had to bring up rural king. Got a popcorn craving....

19B98F1C-373E-4664-85E6-C540985C05B8.jpeg

0B9A72D7-06B7-4B26-8498-6D61DBA0F70B.jpeg

@braxton357 want to deliver a couple of those tool boxes to the Gastonia area? Lol....

@braxton357 Get em to Stanley and we can cook some burgers and ride around in the woods. I'm sure @Ron knows how to get here too.

Last edited:
If anybody else likes nice tools that just feel good in your hand (no homo) and you have a need for 1/2" pex crimpers, this deal is hard to beat:
ZURN PEX Crimping Crimp Tool QCRT-3TL QCRT3T 1/2” | eBay
I did "Make offer" at $30 and free shipping and the guy accepted within minutes. He has a bunch of them.

I already have the 3/4" version and really like them. They work well and have a really nice action to them.

Another Rural King for the win post:
The truck needed batteries. Advance auto ones are the cheapest parts store batteries i could find at about $125 each plus $18 core, 750CCA. NAPA had a deal the other week for fathers day where I could get 850CCA batteries for $130 each plus core. Rural King had Exide 850CCA for $80 each and no core charge. So $160 vs $250+core. Boom. Done. Ill take 2 please!

Last edited:
Another Rural King for the win post:
The truck needed batteries. Advance auto ones are the cheapest parts store batteries i could find at about $125 each plus $18 core, 750CCA. NAPA had a deal the other week for fathers day where I could get 850CCA batteries for $130 each plus core. Rural King had Exide 850CCA for $80 each and no core charge. So $160 vs $250+core. Boom. Done. Ill take 2 please!
Wow...

Fucking Walmart batteries are $120 plus core.

@jeeinmatt Going back to your original post, I bought the 46" box you posted last summer. It was for sale, not on sale, for $249. While in the store messing with it with an associate there with me, neither he nor I could get all the drawers to lock when closed(which was listed as an issue on some of the reviews I read) I honestly wasn't too worried about this, since I don't lock my boxes anyway. The knocked of the price and I took it home for $200. I also bought a 44" top box at the same time. Once I unloaded all my crapsman boxes into the boxes, the were full and heavy. When I got my new shop built I had to move the boxes from my small building up the hill on a small trailer, with expanded metal flooring. I ratchet strapped both boxes together, which held the drawers shut. Bottom line, it survived the move. all drawers slide great, no sagging even in the long drawer with is full of sockets of every size, some extensions, and a bunch of ratchets. I am very happy with this purchase.

I wish there was a Rural King closer to where I live. I've never visited one of their stores before. It looks like the closest one is up in Martinsville, VA.

If anybody needs some tool caddys, these are $1.33 on clearance at my local home depot. YMMV
20200819_095224.jpg
20200819_095313.jpg

Back