Dirt Bike Riders

ShimShim

I know there's a few of you on here that ride dirt bikes, even if your wheeling rig isn't wheeling.
Anyone frequent Brushy Mountain? I've had a membership there for the past few years. Starting to get better and hitting the harder trails (well, for me anyway).
Here's a video from yesterday's ride where we tackled Graham's Gulch. That one still kicks my ass but it's getting easier.
So who else here rides?

I ride it often. I’ll be there tomorrow. If you think gultch is bad. Try shitty soil, or without a paddle, chicken fight. Don’t even get me started on the real pro lines ah hell

I’ll probably race botg this year. See how much I hate my life

I ride it often. I’ll be there tomorrow. If you think gultch is bad. Try shitty soil, or without a paddle, chicken fight. Don’t even get me started on the real pro lines ah hell

I’ll probably race botg this year. See how much I hate my life
A friend took me on the upper half of WAP last week. I couldn't do half of it and he had to ride my bike for parts of it to get me through. Nowhere near good enough for most of those. Maybe one day I'll get there.
I think the next one I want to tackle is Smoke Valley.
I don't hate myself enough to enter BOTG. Might have to get up there to watch this year though.

A friend took me on the upper half of WAP last week. I couldn't do half of it and he had to ride my bike for parts of it to get me through. Nowhere near good enough for most of those. Maybe one day I'll get there.
I think the next one I want to tackle is Smoke Valley.
I don't hate myself enough to enter BOTG. Might have to get up there to watch this year though.
I’m not sure what smoke valley is. But I have probably rode it.
Come out and watch for sure. Last year was a blast for watching.
see you on the trials one day hopefully!

I ride.

Attachments

• 20200712_092842.jpg
    20200712_092842.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 99
My son is building a Yamaha 450 right now.
Really got me wanting another bike and harescrambles.
Maybe if it proves to much bike I can ride it.

I know there's a few of you on here that ride dirt bikes, even if your wheeling rig isn't wheeling.
Anyone frequent Brushy Mountain? I've had a membership there for the past few years. Starting to get better and hitting the harder trails (well, for me anyway).
Here's a video from yesterday's ride where we tackled Graham's Gulch. That one still kicks my ass but it's getting easier.
So who else here rides?

What are you riding? Anything I've rode that long in a smoker at that rpm loaded up and fouled plugs.

Use to hit brushy every other weekend.
Got to be if I missed a weekend Tyler got worried ,🤣

Had to give it up once my glaucoma made it dangerous

What are you riding? Anything I've rode that long in a smoker at that rpm loaded up and fouled plugs.
Riding a KTM 250xc. I haven't been keeping an eye on the plug like I should have. It looked terrible. But the bike fired right back up with a new plug. Now I'll carry a spare. And I'm just glad we were 100 yards from the truck when it died.

Riding a KTM 250xc. I haven't been keeping an eye on the plug like I should have. It looked terrible. But the bike fired right back up with a new plug. Now I'll carry a spare. And I'm just glad we were 100 yards from the truck when it died.
I’ll look in my toolbox and see if I have the jet settings from my 09 250SX. Even when I installed the 300 kit I would only change plugs when I remembered to. 93 non ethanol. Amsoil Dominator at 50:1 and rolled out.

I’ll look in my toolbox and see if I have the jet settings from my 09 250SX. Even when I installed the 300 kit I would only change plugs when I remembered to. 93 non ethanol. Amsoil Dominator at 50:1 and rolled out.
I should have clarified...it's got the 300 kit on it. Not sure it matters though and sure of the jetting. Running non-ethanol strictly with Motorex at ~50:1. Changed the plug when I first bought the bike back in the fall I think? I'm getting too old to remember when I did things haha.

Ill will ride whenever givin the chance. Im currently trying to get all my lights figured out and i will then start running at night. Hit me up ill ride with anyone. I like brushy, doe, brown, and uwharrie

Newer 2t or what have you rode? I can lug my 300 low as long as I want and it has never fouled a plug in the 30 hours on it. My 150 only fouled a single plug in 100 hours.
Older smokers. Latest was a KDX. I sold it from disappointment in low end grunt. I rode old school air cooled XR's with big bore kits in the 250's and ride a 400 for racing. Got used to a tractor like power. Really want something much better sprung and weight. I put dollars toward making the 400 suspension do all it could with its limitations. I'm 15 years older and I don't want to wrestle a bike like I used too.

Last edited:
Older smokers. Latest was a KDX. I sold it from disappointment in low end grunt. I rode old school air cooled XR's with big note kits in the 250's and ride a 400 for racing. Got used to a tractor like power. Really want something much better sprung and weight. I put dollars toward making the 400 suspension do all it could with its limitations. I'm 15 years older and I don't want to wrestle a bike like I used too.
A European 300 is the ticket for that these days.

This thread inspired me, went and ripped around on the dirtbike this afternoon for about 30 minutes. Now I'm tired. But I didn't die! 👍

(Thanks @49erRider for motivating me to fix and clean the leaky carbs and petcocks a couple months ago :laughing: )

If you want to see me ride the struggle bus up chicken fight (2nd time of the day)

@ShimShim smoke valley is where you end up at the end of 9c extension?
I've seen chicken fight from the bottom and the top. Looks way too gnarly for me just yet. And you just confirmed it haha.

Not sure about where smoke valley comes out. I've tried it once. It had a big banner that said smoke valley after the botg race last year. Next time I'm up I'll be sure to get video of it and I'm sure you'll recognize it.

If you want to see me ride the struggle bus up chicken fight (2nd time of the day)

@ShimShim smoke valley is where you end up at the end of 9c extension?
It's amazing how much the camera flattens stuff out. From here it almost looks like something you could ease on through, but obviously its not. Just ask your battery :laughing:

Back