Documentary YJ Build

I mean, this is how you approach obstacles you really have no business trying....so why would you change now?

:lol::smokin::p

I ain’t changing.

And I ain’t skeert, because I love to tell the story later. But I ain’t going back to Great Clips in Archdale!

I ain’t changing.

And I ain’t skeert, because I love to tell the story later. But I ain’t going back to Great Clips in Archdale!

There's no time! :lol:

I cannot get the phone to work. The screen is cracked and does respond to touch at all, it will power on if plugged into the wall, but not plugged into a laptop.

I welcome any suggestion. I’ve even considered having the phone repaired simply to get the pics off. There are other valuable pics on it so it may be the best route. But lonnggg ago I did hook it up to a laptop and was able to access the pics that way.

I cannot get the phone to work. The screen is cracked and does respond to touch at all, it will power on if plugged into the wall, but not plugged into a laptop.

I welcome any suggestion. I’ve even considered having the phone repaired simply to get the pics off. There are other valuable pics on it so it may be the best route. But lonnggg ago I did hook it up to a laptop and was able to access the pics that way.

Try a different USB port on the laptop

I've tried every port, even on a different laptop.

Try a different USB port on the laptop

Dude, not every laptop is open to trying different ports. Your lucky if your laptop is that free with its ports and comfortable in it's own case.
Try assuring your laptop and letting it know you'll only try the tip of the USB...just to see if it connects

Dude, not every laptop is open to trying different ports. Your lucky if your laptop is that free with its ports and comfortable in it's own case.
Try assuring your laptop and letting it know you'll only try the tip of the USB...just to see if it connects

And if that doesn't work, lubricate and inebriate.

Not intended as a port of entry.....

Oh the inside jokes that will carry on from Windrock!

f5c0f3225cd67ae6cae83c93afc1c90a.jpg

Wire wheeled the edges of the seam, while surviving the little death missiles that shoot out!

After I wire wheeled everything I went back with a flap disk.

bacc5d225d266ad7f69944d9275a0f07.jpg

e6a7ade4494a1a144c88be1116024b33.jpg

910976b6a0707645d54abbca204df83f.jpg

Driver side needed about the width of a cutoff wheel to like up perfect.

The passenger side is a different story with almost a 3/4” Gap...

Guess I’ll be doing some booty fab filler/patch with a piece of the old tub. I’ll probably just fish it in behind to make the outside look ok and use some bondi.

4a241458ef673564054d09c27ce506df.jpg

1aa52288fa69af0c3e23ef5eaec76a1a.jpg

f11204d1d7b4a578e97ab37c6978ed19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
8412b067ca7b85615524df0f22439417.jpg

99ea000dd74b51492cff81e69a3415a2.jpg

0762bfc0d6971be34793a5560aa0d0b4.jpg

d0af8e3eb719f6bb80e65c07fb8a88d8.jpg

I also got a hood from my buddy @Noel. Funny story, he bought this hood off @Van-go quite some time ago and then never used it.

baeb919c722bca66559b0edecf832930.jpg

Again I have no clue what I’m doing. I am no body guy, and I get lazy, impatient and rush things like this that take attention to detail. I figure if I can make it look half way ok then it will be better than it was. I can hide my booty fab with some bondo, but honestly I’ll be putting my own dents in it before long.

Another crazy thought, I can see the multiple colors this Jeep has been thru. I thought of putting the seam together, bondo it smooth and sand it. Put that area in primer, and half way straighten out a few other things. Then leave the hood red, the rear tub silver, some of the green sanded out and coming thru, some of the red on the tub coming thru, purposely exposing the previous colors and then just clear over all these multiple colors. It’s not like I couldn’t black it all out later.

It’d look pretty trashy going down the road behind my white truck with a green camper shell and a burgundy tail gate lol. Get me a mullet wig off Amazon and rock this redneck sled.

#doitfordale

Last edited:
Also, in true trashy form, I can barley see to type all this because I don’t have a welding helmet. Are these spots normal??? :rockon:

You could put a backing strap of metal on the backside of the welds so you don’t burn through so easily. Better than doing a ton of tack welds perhaps.

Edit: backing bar weld instead of an open root weld (couldn’t remember the terms in my head)

Last edited:
Back