Documentary YJ Build

If I cut the driver side to match then I’d have to slide the tub up and then it wouldn’t line up with the body mounts.

That happens because I got off my line when cutting the new tub and I cut it too short. I’ll make it work.

Or you can just put a cage in your XJ and you won’t have to worry about wheelbase or room for your kids :flipoff2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could find some old MTR’s from the military if you want 37’s.
I ran them for a while and liked them. Grooved, they grab rocks pretty good too. And you’ll still have double beadlocks.

5A45FB1B-2D4E-49D6-9E0E-86B4048E7DA0.jpeg
32D588C5-D460-4B55-897B-D55324BC5E47.jpeg
F6851A78-AA85-4965-B2D6-EA9A6916E3DE.jpeg
26F2D84C-C0F8-44D4-A49F-EFF895B49B8B.jpeg

I see it now. I’ve only had DIY beadlocks twice in the past sonthese are new to me.

I’ve got a set of 37” bfg Bajas sitting in the shed. They’re only good for a couple more runs but you’re welcome to try them out. Also, I’m pretty @Van-go bought those TWF inserts from me a few years ago.
Yep!

b19f4b88818e84b5e72a670af91d36c5.jpg

Body work is 90% done. I was shooting for using no bondo but it looks like I’m gonna have to use just a little bit.

Thinking maybe this is going to be the last update for a little while. I think I’m gonna just roll into AOP and that be the first time anyone has seen the final makeover. I’m really having doubts about getting everything done in time due to time and weather not being on my side. We shall see.

I was not going to comp cut the rear, just widen the wheel well like David had done previously. But the more I look at it and see that this tub has some damage, I’m thinking about maybe just go ahead and comp cut... Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts were I can always comp cut later, once it’s done there’s no going back. At least not easily.

What Jody said.
Also, I always hated how the front of the fender well was cut too far forward. That’s cause it didn’t used to be stretched. Maybe you can fill it back in with body armor or something

I agree, no comp cut... cut along same lines to mimic wheel well / tire

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Let me note that when I say the body work is 90% done, I have done basically no “body work” as I have done some Janky stuff with a welder putting a new rear tub on, and used a palm sander to smooth and feather any dents and imperfections out. I have not bothered to pull or fill any dents, or anything like that. I plan to make the dents smooth and shiny with new paint.

Just really trying to lower everyone’s expectations. So what can you expect??

A Janky old YJ with a fresh coat of Rustoleum (when it stops raining) blacked out everything, some funky colored cage (color chosen by my wife) with the grill painted to match, rear seat with child harnesses and a killer stereo.

And stickers that say #DOITFORDALE along with Dale Yeah.

And Trump.

#BuildTheWall

I’m too cheap for that. I’ll go so ghetto I’ll just tape off 2/3 of the head lights for homemade angry eyes :D
That cage should come out pretty easily to paint it.

Props to all those people that can lay down a slick coat of paint, and especially those who do it for a living! It’s not as easy as I thought!

The Jeep is totally in primer. I have already painted the cage, and the Jeep, hood, and fenders are in primer ready for black paint tomorrow afternoon. I’m just using the quart of Rust-Oleum, cut with 15% acetone and spraying with a harbor freight purple gun. I have never painted anything like this before so I’ve just been winging it and learning as I go. Hopefully, it looks good from 20’ away....

Not sure why I decided to tackle all of this with less than a month before a big trip o_O

Back