Earlybronco 3 1/2 inch lift buildup

Here are soem pics of what it looked like on 34x9.5

DSC00032.JPG

DSC00038.JPG

Hey "jph0913" thanks for stepping up and helping Dave since I ended up running all over town yesterday.. FYI I drove over 200 miles :)

shame to cut an uncut tub, but ya gotta do what'cha gotta do (been there, done that)

CAGE arms are the way to go. (at least until you 4 link/coilover and D60 it).

Nice job.

Shannon
bronco.com

More progress

We after spending most of the day in the garage I was able to finish up most of the small odd and end stuff to make it to Tellico next week. Started out installing the front and rear shocks. I then removed the stock rear bump stops and installed the new ones I received from bronco graveyard. This required moving them back about 1 inch so they would hit the truss I installed across the top. If not I would have ended up with 6 inch bump stops. I also had to install new front bump stops that needed to be 4 inches but were only available in 2 inch so I took a piece of 2x2 tube and fabbed up some simple risers for them. I then installed new brake lines in the rear and mounted the distribution block for the front. I got a second coat of paint on the skid that Jon and Ken helped me build this past weekend. I then mounted some universal brackets for the exhaust because the new rear truss and inboard shock mount does not allow me to run it our the rear like I had before so I put some 90’s after the mufflers and have it pointing to the ground. I then finished installing all the screws in my rockskis that protect my rocker panels. I then took it for a test drive around the neighborhood and it rode allot better than before. I hope I can mount the ram for my red neck ram steering tomorrow but, if time does not permit I will run without it. I need to do a front end alignment tomorrow and hopefully that will be a stopping point before I leave.

Great News Dave.. I am pumped for tellico.. gonna be a differnet ride with all of our rigs built :)

PS: Happy Birthday ..

pics of progress

rear shock mounts built

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n113_Earlybronco_Lift_20Install_IMG_2007.jpg

rock skis installed

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n113_Earlybronco_Lift_20Install_IMG_2005.jpg

skid plate

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n113_Earlybronco_Lift_20Install_IMG_2028.jpg

More progress

started front end alignment and realized I needed a track bar riser bracket so I made one

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n113_Earlybronco_Lift_20Install_IMG_2018.jpg

and welded it on

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n113_Earlybronco_Lift_20Install_IMG_2030.jpg

More progress

rear shocks mounted

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n113_Earlybronco_Lift_20Install_IMG_2025.jpg

exhaust mounted

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n113_Earlybronco_Lift_20Install_IMG_2026.jpg

this is a temporary solution because I want to route the tube out in front of the rear tire just ran out of time.

Well she is off to Tellico and we will see how she does.

More pics of the skid if you don't mind. It looks good.

Is fairly simple, it covers from behind the radius arm to the leaf spring. 2x2 spacer from the frame a 11" section of 2x2 to fill in where the frame raises up. He used BTF tabs for the mounts. It worked out fairly well, we designed, fabb'd and painted it in under 2 hours.

Back