Evolution of a 1996 Ram

Chris_Keziah

Joe Dirt @ Rev Limit Fab

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
Looking like 4.10 or 4.56 will be the route i go, 4.88 maybe too deep

BigClay

So 2nd gen dodge interiors suck, plain and simple. The cup holders in mine broke a long time ago and before they broke they weren’t what I would call sturdy.

I read about swapping in a 4th gen center console that would give me cup holders there instead of in the dash. I found a used one and picked it up. My first intention was to just swap the top part and not the bottom seat part. Well i could not for the life of me get the 2nd gen top off, so I decided to just swap the whole thing.

The bolt holes do not line up exact, you can mount the front two or you can mount the back two. First i mounted the front two holes, but decided that out the lid too far back. Now my plan is to mount the back two and make a small bracket for the front. That to come soon.

525BE450-0883-4EE6-8E16-5A23CA44AD48.jpeg

0BE6B372-D2D5-4580-9C0B-7EBEEF61E6BE.jpeg

paradisePWoffrd

Recovering Project Junkie
Very nice. I need to update the interior in mine for sure.

I added this one to mine: '98-'02 Dodge Ram Center Console Cup Holder as it was the only one I could find that guaranteed to allow the shifter to not interfere.

BigClay

BigClay

Man, I have done 2 go fast mods this week. I must be over 450hp now. Big Red will be screaming down the road now!

Monkeynono

I like that generation Dodges. I had a 2000 2500 with the V10 and that thing didn't care how I drove it and or how much weight it got 8.9 mpgs. Also..... Don't do burnouts from 1st through 4th.... The trans tends to explode...

BigClay

I like that generation Dodges. I had a 2000 2500 with the V10 and that thing didn't care how I drove it and or how much weight it got 8.9 mpgs. Also..... Don't do burnouts from 1st through 4th.... The trans tends to explode...

yep, 8-9 MPGs no matter how I drive it, so I just hammer down all the time :D