Fawk Cingular

brokeass4runner

Anyone ever work for Cingular mobile or any other phone company?

My Cingular service sucks donkey junk. I need to get out of my contract without having to pay them. They say it cant happen, but I have to call BS.

Anyone ever deal with this kinda situation?

:uzi: Cingular :sniper:

I been with them for 3 years this September. Everything was cool at first, then I moved and I can't get reception worth shit.

Sometimes I have to walk outside my house just to get reception.

jeepercreature said:
I use to be a AT&T dealer, who is now cingular. The only way I know how to get out of a contract is if you are moving out o the cingular area.

Just a thought.

But today after talking to Cingular for about an hour I got them to agree to only charge me half price to cancel.

The way she did this was to write a note on my account so when I called to cancel they would only charge me half price.

If she could just write a note to cut it half price, then why could she not just write that there was to be no fee for canceling.:confused:

I read an article the other week that suggested finding a location that caused you to "roam" (not use THEIR towers, but piggy back off of another cell provider... perhaps UJO can elaborate on this more?), make many hours of calls during your "free time" (nights & weekends)... effectively causing them to lose $$, by having to payola another provider for your signal. It mentioned this would only take a short period time and they would contact you to cancel the contact (costing you NADA)! :flipoff2:

I'll see if I can find it in the AM...

BTW, I'm with you completely re: Cingulars crap service! I have to drive down the road from my house if I want enough signal to talk w/o being disconnected every 2-3 minutes! Doubly pisses me off to be in BFE... no hope of signal, only to see the Verizon folks chatting merrily away! :mad:

Here's an idea... if it IS legit, we can call each for a couple of weeks and get kicked together! :lol:

Caver Dave said:
I read an article the other week that suggested finding a location that caused you to "roam" (not use THEIR towers, but piggy back off of another cell provider... perhaps UJO can elaborate on this more?), make many hours of calls during your "free time" (nights & weekends)... effectively causing them to lose $$, by having to payola another provider for your signal. It mentioned this would only take a short period time and they would contact you to cancel the contact (costing you NADA)! :flipoff2:
I'll see if I can find it in the AM...
BTW, I'm with you completely re: Cingulars crap service! I have to drive down the road from my house if I want enough signal to talk w/o being disconnected every 2-3 minutes! Doubly pisses me off to be in BFE... no hope of signal, only to see the Verizon folks chatting merrily away! :mad:
Here's an idea... if it IS legit, we can call each for a couple of weeks and get kicked together! :lol:

Haha, yeah I saw that article. It's sad, because their little add says "raising the bar" or whatever.

I got them to drop the charge to $30 to break the contract.
Some phone repair shop is gonna give me $30 for my phone, so it balances out.

I will be glad to be rid of Cingular.
And yeah, I am switching to Verizon.:beer:

I've had little problems getting a signal with Alltel/Verizon, even out in bumfu*k. For about 6 years now. Make sure your phone is digital/analog - that helps out in bumfu*k.

I have Alltel, also. I asked around and it is what all the construction guys at my last job had... they had no problems getting signals from Rutherfordton to Elizabeth City and anywhere in between.

I used to have AT&T and then they switch us to SunCom which sucked.. and they would nto let me out of my contract.. well if you look hard enough there are always loop holes :)

I called Suncom and told them I need to be able to use AOL - AIM on my cell phone for my business and they do nto support this so I want out of my contract...( AT&T does support this ) they said hold on for one sec and about 1 min later they came back on and said what day do you want the service to stop...MAN WAS I SUPRISED...

I said Now and it did.. 1 hr later my cell was dead :)

I walked into Verizon got 2 new phones, one for me and one for Jess oh and got company discount..

So the service is better, cheaper, and we are "IN" so we do not even come close to using all our minutes (1400) and we have never had problems with service or reception yet..

Oh and once I dropped cell into wash machine and they gave me a new one for free :)

One downside to Verizon - they nickel and dime you for every little extra service like network access, downloading any damn thing etc. However the coverage is pretty damn good - it's the only provider that will work in my basement garage, hell many times even while laying under the car... I had all my buddies come by and try theirs before signing on.

X2 on getting a phone that is both analog and digital friendly. Analog capable is getting less common but in BFE that's all you'll get. The providers are trying like hell to get away from them b/c its way more costly and less efficient for them.

mobile phone carriers = ass raping.... 17 years or so with mobile phone service and to me it's like buying insurance, it's the greatest thing in the world when they are selling it, but when it comes time to use (or pay for it) it never really turns out to be what you thought it was.

I've only had good service with Verizon and US Cellular...

Sprint suck ass. I couldn't even sit in my living room and get a signal...
Now Nextell is owned by Sprint which makes Nextell suck ass also...

Never any problems with US Cellular. Always been top notch and affordable for me.

I've never been able to get a signal from any company inside my house but Holly Springs is a bit rough on cell service.

Diane said:
I've never been able to get a signal from any company inside my house but Holly Springs is a bit rough on cell service.

The H.S. Police can barely talk to dispatch from their car outside my house... Nextel works (barely), and Verizon is hit & miss.. usually just enough to ring, but not to talk.

90% of the problem is that stupid little "airstrip" off Avent Ferry Rd that you couldn't land anything more than an ultralight in..

Shitty thing is, the town of HS is willing to put antennae on the water tower, but you can't call and tell the cell companies that.. THEY have to find the town first.. :shaking:

Diane said:
And this begs to be asked, are the police outside of your house often ?? :shaking:

The word is that the H.S. Police get regular calls about a masked & caped man running around Rich's block in a Cap'n American FJ...:lol: So the answer to your questions is YES!

:flipoff2:

<><Fish

I work for Suncom in the Hickory area as a Systems engineer. It is my responsibilty to make sure the towers that are there work as best they can. I can't add anew tower 'cause your phone doesn't work at your house, but I can make whatever service we have the best it can be.
Most carriers are fairly equal around the major arteries and cities. We are on the same towers in most cases. I am sitting at a site right now that has, Suncom, Sprint, Alltel, Verizon, and Cingular on it. If anyone in this area tries to tell you one is better than the other, they are full of shit, right here at least. Now Verizon has been around for a long time and they have sites (analog) that are in areas we just can't justify spending the money on. You aren't goign to find many digital/analog phones around anymore. They are being or have been phased out by most companies. You will pay more per minute for a carrier that offers analog roaming, it costs teh carrier more and shit rolls down hill.
Bruiser, when Suncom took over AT&T in Raleigh, your service should not have changed in the least. We kept every tower AT&T ever had. The only thing that changed is the name. If you got out of your contract and got something that fits you better, I am glad.
Bottom line, if you are going to change carriers, ask for a loaner phone (or find out the return policy when you buy)for a day or two and try it in the areas you are in the most. No one has service everywhere. the trick is to find the carrier that has coverage in the areas you travel most.
This from a tech who doesn't have service at my house, even though I am on call every other week. I was able to find out the score of a basketball game for Lomod and Caver at Callalante' campground, though.:flipoff2:

I've got to disagree with the bad rep everybody is putting on Cingular. I've had their service since '99 (Bellsouth Mobility then), and have never had any good reason to switch. I have family and friends that have, or had, just about all of the major carriers, and everyone gets shitty reception somewhere, nobady has great service everywhere they travel al the time.

Some places are just out in the sticks, and your not gonna get a great signal there. I don't see the reason for bitching about them not letting you out of a contract you signed, knowing how much it would cost to quit.

THe only thing that has tempted me to switch carriers is the push to talk feature of nextel and others like them.
Other than that, it's a toss up as to who has the better plan going when you sign up, all have promotions, ya just gotta sign up when the one that fits you is going.

I live down from a municipal airport and it is a dead zone too. I have heard people say the phone itself makes more difference than the carrier.

Well right now I am fighting with Cingular because I have full bars of singal when I was able to roam onto suncom towers, but about three weeks ago suncom or cingular I am not sure which has stopped us from romain on the suncom towers like I did when I signed my contract. So I am trying to get them to fix the tower so that myself about about 15 to 20 more cingular people in my building have service or let me out of my contract and I will go back to US Cellular, or Suncom which I have both and they were both good to me. The great thing is that both suncom and us cellular have a tower in the back of my building about 50 or so feet from my building. So the service I got from us cellular and suncom was great.

I know a Suncom employee who told me that Suncom is having trouble working with Cingular right now. And that Cingular took back some of its towers from them.

The guy also told me that phones are only made to work for so long and then have problems so that you will resign to get the upgrade.:shaking:

I switched over to Verizon today and got a bling Razr phone. Which I am sure will be dropped, probably from my truck, within a weeks time.
But, they got the free mobile to mobile and free nights and weekends.

Makes the Verizon toating family and girlfriend happy.:D

Back