FB MP finds of the day.

somethin' like that.
I don't think it is, just reminds me of it.
All I remember of that cat was the bogger tattoo on his arm and his obsession of putting a big block caddy engine in his cj. I may be wrong but I think I recall tractor links for suspension. Hard to remember it all at my age. I think that guy has done very well for himself in the offroad world.

Found this a couple weeks back. After much looking I decided to go for it. Have been wanting to find something the boys could drive that was better than the little Chinese 125cc jeep (which I sold). A RZR 170 seemed like the obvious choice, but I really didn't like the fact they are weak, 2wd, and crappy suspension. There are ZERO options available that I could find, a Honda Pioneer 500 I liked but they are about $8k used, at at Uwharrie they would not be 'legal' for my boys as the age limit is 16. The 170 starts at 10.

Well, THIS RZR170 had been swapped.... It is basically a RZR body on a stretched Polaris sportsman 500 frame. The engine was relocated on top of the transmission instead of in front of it. Whoever did the swap actually did a pretty nice job. They spent probably 3 hours on it in the woods today, needs some minor stuff but overall, for $3700 I can't complain. 4wd, good (enough) suspension, winch, and my 7 and 10 year old fit in it just fine.

I was following them with my RZR, I made them keep it in low range. It would easily run 20 in low but I don't think they maxed it out. I'll probably tell them to hit full speed in low tomorrow to see what it will do. I ran it in high and it was obviously considerably faster, on the road I imagine it would easily run 50.

I definitely do NOT fit in it, but have driven it and ridden with them to get them used to it. They are good to go now though.

Screenshot_20220903-210507-063.png

Last edited:
All I remember of that cat was the bogger tattoo on his arm and his obsession of putting a big block caddy engine in his cj. I may be wrong but I think I recall tractor links for suspension. Hard to remember it all at my age. I think that guy has done very well for himself in the offroad world.
Ricky was a good dude. A Genuine friend who took a lot of shit and never stopped to the level of the adults who were picking on him when he was a dumb kid.
Man he had some dumb ideas. 40s on a sammi with no cutting …
But Ricky was a good dude. I’ve got a lot of time for him.

Ricky was a good dude. A Genuine friend who took a lot of shit and never stopped to the level of the adults who were picking on him when he was a dumb kid.
Man he had some dumb ideas. 40s on a sammi with no cutting …
But Ricky was a good dude. I’ve got a lot of time for him.
Last time I saw or spoke to him he was taking the stand in a court case we got involved in. He came to the stand looking like Jonny Cash, black on black suit with a fire red shirt under it. You could hear everyone in court whispering. Didn't phase him one bit. He did probably an hour on the stand and never broke a sweat! He was always a solid dude to me. We won the case too!

@RatLabGuy
Not saying its a "deal" but its better for less than what I normally see.

1662912085318.png

HUH???
Screenshot (14).png

Maybe right place for this?
For those that know him... Bronco Lou is selling his well known rig.
Screen capture bc it's just on his account, not a public listing
Screenshot_20220919-193054.png

So Is he wanting to keep the engine and wheels and tires?

So Is he wanting to keep the engine and wheels and tires?
yep, he's putting them on his street EB. Just the wheels, it's fairly stockish and would not use those tires.
Maybe the right offer could just come with everything.
But it's possible its a sentiment thing too.... no idea

yep, he's putting them on his street EB. Just the wheels, it's fairly stockish and would not use those tires.
Maybe the right offer could just come with everything.
But it's possible its a sentiment thing too.... no idea
Looks like a good deal. Wish I could snatch that up.

Looks like a good deal. Wish I could snatch that up.
If you're serious I could put you in touch w/ him, PM me about it

cummins swapped winnabago 3K
Man, that camper looks ROUGH. Why would you engine swap something so rotten?

Man, that camper looks ROUGH. Why would you engine swap something so rotten?

The seller says he's just the one who dragged it from the woods, so it possibly looked a little better 10ish years ago when the PO ran out of ambition lol.

Duane

Kind of cool, kind of a cluster fk.

I'd drive the heck outta that, especially with a tune, rolling coal, wearing a big ol redneck grin! :D

Back