FB MP finds of the day.

Pitchers

So tempting….
My best friends brother brought his back from Cali when he moved home. I'd driven it a few times, when he told me to bring my son over and let HIM drive it.

ferrari.jpg

20150125_094357.jpg

This was BEFORE he told me he just had the 25k miles service done, and showed me the receipt. Apparently the clutch is replaced every 25K at a cost of around the same price (total service was $24k and some change :eek:

Had I known that I would never have driven it, much less encouraged my SON to drive it :gtfo: The bad part is, once he was back home for about a year he "realized" how impractical that car was around here and decided to sell it. He offered it to me before putting it on the market for a VERY reasonable price. But after reviewing his maint records (mainly the COST of those records) I quickly realized I had NO business owning anything like that, or a vehicle made in the same decade really.

My best friends brother brought his back from Cali when he moved home. I'd driven it a few times, when he told me to bring my son over and let HIM drive it.

View attachment 422229
View attachment 422222

This was BEFORE he told me he just had the 25k miles service done, and showed me the receipt. Apparently the clutch is replaced every 25K at a cost of around the same price (total service was $24k and some change :eek:

Had I known that I would never have driven it, much less encouraged my SON to drive it :gtfo: The bad part is, once he was back home for about a year he "realized" how impractical that car was around here and decided to sell it. He offered it to me before putting it on the market for a VERY reasonable price. But after reviewing his maint records (mainly the COST of those records) I quickly realized I had NO business owning anything like that, or a vehicle made in the same decade really.

Met a dude a while back at a car show that had well over 150,000 miles on his Ferrari and he regularly abused it at the track. Cant imagine having $150,000 in clutches lol.

Why the hell would they have a clutch change every 25K?

Nope I don't think I have heard one take off.
I'm guessing lots and lots of high rpm horsepower and a auto/manual slushbox of sorts?
Gutless bottom end power and take off is half traction control half clutches so it doesn't stall and or leave sideways pending a sub 5 k rpm or 8k rpm take off.

Complete rambling assumption. Closest I've been to any car of this caliber is TV or magazine article, lol. Walked by a Porsche once, didn't catch anything though.

I'm guessing lots and lots of high rpm horsepower and a auto/manual slushbox of sorts?
Gutless bottom end power and take off is half traction control half clutches so it doesn't stall and or leave sideways pending a sub 5 k rpm or 8k rpm take off.

Complete rambling assumption. Closest I've been to any car of this caliber is TV or magazine article, lol. Walked by a Porsche once, didn't catch anything though.
Yep they aren’t fans of taking off. Meant for high speeds I’d assume. Always sounds like someone taking off in 4th gear

Because they can bill you $25k for it. If someone is willing to pay a quarter mil for an unreliable corvette, they're probably gullible enough to pay $25k for a new clutch every 25k miles. Maybe @Andy J. has more insight since he knows people who know people.

Because electrohydraulic-actuated "F1" automated manual transmission.
I.E. paddle shift double clutch system from a true F1 car. Kind of like a drag car gets rebuilt between runs, an F1 car isn't really made to daily drive
The motor has to be removed to replace the clutch

The 458 and later cars were made more road ready and longer maint schedule but the 360 modenas were notorious for nom nom'n some clutches

Because they can bill you $25k for it. If someone is willing to pay a quarter mil for an unreliable corvette, they're probably gullible enough to pay $25k for a new clutch every 25k miles. Maybe @Andy J. has more insight since he knows people who know people.
Yeah, those double clutch systems are complicated and were pretty shitty when they were first introduced to the production market. I was instructed when moving the cars at low speed to always do it in second gear because low speed first gear was jerky and bad for the transmission - especially for the 360 Modena.

The one in the first Gallardo was absolutely terrible to drive. I took one on some laps around VIR and was ready to give the car back after a lap because I was afraid the transmission was going to explode from all the noises and weird hesitations during shifts.

I haven’t messed with any of the newer stuff like Troy is talking about, but I can confirm that there are people out there with more money than sense. You’re definitely pulling the motor to change that clutch, which means you’re also putting the entire rear suspension, rear drivetrain, rear subframe, etc. Heck, you have to pull the entire motor just to change the spark plugs on most of these cars. If you’re gonna do all that, you might as well replace every wear component possible while you’re at it.

Yeah, those double clutch systems are complicated and were pretty shitty when they were first introduced to the production market. I was instructed when moving the cars at low speed to always do it in second gear because low speed first gear was jerky and bad for the transmission - especially for the 360 Modena.

The one in the first Gallardo was absolutely terrible to drive. I took one on some laps around VIR and was ready to give the car back after a lap because I was afraid the transmission was going to explode from all the noises and weird hesitations during shifts.

I haven’t messed with any of the newer stuff like Troy is talking about, but I can confirm that there are people out there with more money than sense. You’re definitely pulling the motor to change that clutch, which means you’re also putting the entire rear suspension, rear drivetrain, rear subframe, etc. Heck, you have to pull the entire motor just to change the spark plugs on most of these cars. If you’re gonna do all that, you might as well replace every wear component possible while you’re at it.
So like a Ford Super Duty

Back