FB MP finds of the day.

That is my dream jeep. A CJ-6! However that is way high IMHO.
remember - 2023 dollars.
Its only like 500 eggs.

A family friend posted this on FB. If anyone here is interested I can get you in touch:
1674749939942.png

I saw a fair bit of those on airbb and vrbo when looking for a cabin in the mountains. Someone could fix it up and find a long term campground and rent it out.

Duane

This could be a cool driver.

Anyone have any experience with the Super Coupe?

1674769215426.png

This could be a cool driver.

Anyone have any experience with the Super Coupe?

View attachment 390602
some....heavy driving feel. Sorta sporty. Not a super sleeper signal light racer. The interior wasn't really up graded so fairly soft seating with no real sporty feel. My father spent a period driving nothing but Thunder chickens as demos. Then it was exploders. The super coup was not on the allowed list but we got to play with one or two. They did have some reliability but of the same era the ol Pony car was still much more fun..... The Birds seemed heavy but this also made it a bunch more comfortable to ride in over a distance( over the pony car). Back seat could seat a average adult but wasn't comfortable long......the Crown Vic did everything as well and more room with the interceptor package.

The 1989 Ford Thunderbird SC Specs And Features
The engine in the Ford Thunderbird Super Coupé is a 3.8-liter, overhead valve 90-degree V-6 cylinder with two valves per cylinder supercharged petrol engine. It generates 207 hp at 4,000 rpm and 315 lb-ft of maximum torque at 2,600 rpm in this application.

To be clear the police interceptor I compared the Super Chicken to was also a bit latter production dated car. It still makes a good comparison though as lots of folks are familiar with them in some fashion. The torque was sorta impressive for the super charged 3.8 but the motor in several articles didn't make a lot of top end power. For the Birds weight this helped it get up and moving.

Two wiki comments and versions of the Crown Vics in police trim.....

The CVPI came equipped with many heavy-duty parts, such as a revised transmission, and a 186 kW (253 PS; 249 hp) engine. Used versions are normally stripped of any police decals, equipment, police radios, and emergency lights before being sold or auctioned to the public.[2]

Further alterations were made in 2001, but most importantly, the CVPI now received the “Performance Improved” 4.6L 2V V8 engine as standard equipment.[3] It made 235 hp @4,750 RPM and 276 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 RPM. In a corresponding move, the ECM was once again re-calibrated and the P71 sported a more powerful 135/82 amp alternator. Midway through the 2001 model year, the intake manifold was re-designed to include an aluminum thermostat housing, and the 3.55:1 rear differential was deleted in favor of a 3.27:1 unit

Thanks for that input @WARRIORWELDING I'm about 6 months before I can pull the trigger on a driver other than the 250. I love the 250 but would like to have something to make lowes runs or shop in Hartsville runs, 40 min drive, to keep the miles off the 250. I want a manual and really want an LJ 6 speed but they are pricey. This popped up and got me wondering and dreaming. Of course when the motor went out I'd Godzilla swap it.... ;)

1980 toyota 2wd truck - $3,000 (Wilmington)
1980 toyota 2wd truck - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

selling a 1980 2wd 5 speed long bed Toyota truck. ready to be brought back to life. does start and run but needs some TLC from sitting. maintance and brakes are needed. bed nor rusted out. see pics for fender damage. solid truck, still pretty much stock other than weber carb, needs some love $3000. Ogden area

00Z0Z_lXYgnhQjNUu_0gr0cn_600x450.jpg

2. The video shows it driving itself.
Hold up. The video didn't even show up on my phone, I had no idea what you were talking about. Now that I see the video, its even better.

If it works, is it really crazy? If I didnt have one already, it would be nice to have around the house. Throw a wagon behind it to stack the wood in.
Never said it was crazy, just a bit redneck. I'd use the heck out of it :D (But I do wonder how you steer it...)

1675182816879.png

1675182860106.png

Your confidence is greater than mine 🤷‍♂️

I want a wood splitter but with the prices on FB I'd be better off to go get a new one and pay it off in 24 months for 0%.

1. This will be in @jeepinmatt ’s driveway by Friday.
2. The video shows it driving itself.
3. I expect a flamethrower mounted to the front and a new video by Saturday!
Now I want this just to add remote control via an Arduino and a cell phone.

Back