First XJ build

336wheeler

I've always had short WB Jeeps. This is my first foray into LWB Jeeping, traded for an XJ that has a 4.0/AW4/NP231 with a non-vac HP30 and 8.25 with 3.55 gears.

The front currently has a 1.25” coil spacer and the rear is on Dakota springs with an overload.

When I got it:

upload_2018-12-7_18-9-40.jpeg

Today I put some 235/75r15 MTs on it and with some 1.25” wheel spacers.

upload_2018-12-7_18-13-6.jpeg

upload_2018-12-7_18-14-19.jpeg

More to come as the build requires.

Last edited:
Honestly I put them on there because I thought I would need them to avoid rubbing, but I don’t. So I took them off this morning.

Last night I happened upon some JKS adjustable lower control arms and some 2” Teraflex spacers that @ChrisM had in his shop. Stay tuned!

Near term plans are add those parts, a Ruffstuff track bar, and HP30/8.25 Ruffstuff diff covers.

Last edited:
upload_2018-12-8_14-29-45.jpeg

Pic without wheel spacers.

@untchabl interested! I’ll PM you.

If it has rockers and you want to keep the doors usable either repace them with 2x4 or 2x6 tube or invest in or build some rock rails. Love a stockish xj for good fun.

please fit 37's with no lift

View attachment 281628

Pic without wheel spacers.

@untchabl interested! I’ll PM you.

Yeah, 31x10.5s require spacers, I used to run 235/75 on it before those mustang tires.. Nice bumpers. Probably make another set, and another set of tail lights. I like that they never broke. Oh if the blinkers ever quit, you'll need to install a resistor or change the bulbs in the rear quarter panel. The lights run of the trailer harness, which is factory, with relays. If you want more power out of the engine, you need a flashable PCM & the interface & software. That ported head wants more fuel.

Last edited:
Believe me when I say this is not some new guy with Cherokee... we might be in for a surprise. Game on Brandon

Yeah it has the potential to turn into something neat :rockon:

upload_2018-12-26_15-58-59.jpeg

Did some fender trimming this past weekend and rode around in the snow

upload_2018-12-26_15-57-46.jpeg

Will be doing the 2x6 rockers soon as they’re arriving via FedEx tomorrow, followed by a 4.5” susp kit that’s on the way as well. And some front end goodies from @untchabl here real soon

That’s on Rich Mtn Rd, the gravel part near Tennessee

Picked up a ZJ tie rod, '99 4.0 intake manifold, D30 3/8" diff cover, and lunchbox locker this morning!

So now I have enough parts accumulated to keep me busy for a while :D

@Lee thanks for the input! I got the intake with several other parts I bought; no harm no foul.

upload_2019-1-2_23-3-17.jpeg

upload_2019-1-2_23-4-25.jpeg

Got the sliders done and painted tonight

Lift parts are supposed to come in tomorrow.

Damn she cleaned up good & looks good. I notice you shot the bumpers too. Those tail lights beg for a fresh coat.. I didn't box in the bottom, you might want to, maybe not. It's got some flashing tape to seal the interior off behind them.

4.88s/lockers/lift on the way.

Stay tuned.

Back