First XJ build

The biggest problem I found with the factory pump is 2 fold. One the fluid leaks out the cap on extreme angles. Two the flow is a little low. I removed the flow valve I think it's called and drilled mine out.

The biggest problem I found with the factory pump is 2 fold. One the fluid leaks out the cap on extreme angles. Two the flow is a little low. I removed the flow valve I think it's called and drilled mine out.

I also found that the fluid will leak out at “extreme” angles, but seems to have self-regulated how much fluid is in the system when it gets up to temp, etc

I may drill mine out like the West Texas write up outlines

I also found that the fluid will leak out at “extreme” angles, but seems to have self-regulated how much fluid is in the system when it gets up to temp, etc

I may drill mine out like the West Texas write up outlines

you can also purchase an under drive pully to spin it faster at lower rpm, I run a blend of AW32 hyd. oil and power steering fluid on my hydro assist. factory pump has been fine for me for 3 years now.

King of the Glades
are you talking about "the"..."The Glades??" as in off 421 down ....argh that road a couple miles, then turn right onto gravel rd at an intersection and go right past 2 houses and you enter right at the beginning of XMAS tree farm??...

Well last weekend @URE I bent my 1.5”x 0.25” wall DOM tie rod for the second time. So I ordered up a CavFab 1.5” solid stock tie rod and got that installed this morning > hopefully it’ll hold up!

A60640C2-C132-44CC-88D3-D0FD9D2B62C0.jpeg
FC0DC65C-72EF-4AAB-9F8B-92150F8F22AF.jpeg
A8DE1FE2-49E3-4680-927F-8463C96641BA.jpeg

Update: it’s still getting beat on. Haven’t done too much building on this other than a few little upgrades like Azzy’s t-case linkage, etc

Mainly just trying to consistently go wheeling these days!!

Pic from yesterday.

Attachments

• 843A61F7-B8A9-4BDF-BA10-34F8502D4A0C.jpeg
    843A61F7-B8A9-4BDF-BA10-34F8502D4A0C.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 137
C39E33CE-D838-409F-A204-67AA7F28387D.jpeg

Well this is a minor setback

Anybody know of a local company that does cryo treatment for R&Ps?

What axle and tire size? What gear set? I'm too lazy to look back. They could have been set up bad. Unless of course the @Jody Treadway did them...

Haha I set them up 😂 however they were chinaBay special US Standard or whatever. I have a set of Yukons on the way.

36s with chromo shafts and 300M joints, idiot driver, healthy 4.0, 4.88s

Haha I set them up 😂 however they were chinaBay special US Standard or whatever. I have a set of Yukons on the way.

36s with chromo shafts and 300M joints, idiot driver, healthy 4.0, 4.88s
Front30? rear8.25? Either way 36's is too much tire for those axles. JMHO.

Haha I know this. But no axle upgrade is in the foreseeable future.

Have buds in TN with a "DIY" method they say works well/$$ spent vs. pro-cryo...
IIRC, they use diesel, dry ice, and an old cooler, but not sure of the exact "process"
Very interest. Please elaborate

After the last Harlan trip and two nights of night riding, I bent the unibody on the passenger side. Got the jeep back, cut out the bent part and straightened it back with a bottle jack. Plated the unibody, now back in party mode :beer:

IMG_5326.jpeg
IMG_5331.jpeg
IMG_5452.jpeg
IMG_5454.jpeg

After the last Harlan trip and two nights of night riding, I bent the unibody on the passenger side. Got the jeep back, cut out the bent part and straightened it back with a bottle jack. Plated the unibody, now back in party mode :beer:

View attachment 408737

is the upper ball joint not pressed in or lifting out? Maybe the camera angle?

is the upper ball joint not pressed in or lifting out? Maybe the camera angle?

That side has a moog adjustable ball joint on that side and has always sat up like that since it was installed 4 years ago. Not sure why it sits up like that to be honest, I guess the shoulder on it bottoms out before that lip?

Back