Found extra parts in my oil pan

Too many horse pressures! Sounds like he let the bald eagles fly!

@Bebop Like this guy says, this is how you seat some rings! I love how you can see the power go up as they start to bed in more, best visual ever. Also, can we talk about how borderline scary 733hp/733tq would be in a K5?!

Accusump works wonders for this purpose too.

Pretty much! They're nifty little rigs. Pretty good compromise between still running a wet sump and making the full on commitment to a dry sump too.

Educate me on this accusump magic you speak of.

It's an extra oil tank that is pressurized and will take over the oiling duties if/when the pump can't keep up (sucking air mostly).
With mine I can run the engine out of pure accu oil for 20 seconds. Plenty enough to shut it down when things go wrong and it'll absolutely save your bearings in an off camber situation that lasts a little too long for comfort.

You can also manually fill the tank with oil, pressure it then use it as a priming system for starting a dry engine (works both for a brand new build or something that has been sitting in storage for a while).

Break out another $800 to save your expensive engine. Worked wonders this past weekend for @Hoodw!nk but takes a little getting used to and some finagling with.

Shit, you're doing it wrong.
Moroso accu with a manual valve is 260, the fitting to go on an LS sump is about 50, add another 100 for AN10 fittings / hoses and you're in business.

0 need to finagle with it, I never touch mine and it does its job great.

Last edited:
It's an extra oil tank that is pressurized and will take over the oiling duties if/when the pump can't keep up (sucking air mostly).
With mine I can run the engine out of pure accu oil for 20 seconds. Plenty enough to shut it down when things go wrong and it'll absolutely save your bearings in an off camber situation that lasts a little too long for comfort.

You can also manually fill the tank with oil, pressure it then use it as a priming system for starting a dry engine (works both for a brand new build or something that has been sitting in storage for a while).

Moroso accu with a manual valve is 260, the fitting to go on an LS sump is about 50, add another 100 for AN10 fittings / hoses and you're in business.

I wasn’t saying anything negative, I was praising it as it did exactly what it was supposed to do cause the buggy was at extreme angles many times this weekend. The reference of finagling with it was just in us messing with the oil level and a couple other things.

I guess it’s just a French thing, but you have a real tendency to talk down to people often

I guess it’s just a French thing, but you have a real tendency to talk down to people often
It's a me thing I need to work on. Nothing to do with where I was born.

PS : I know you weren't saying anything negative about it. I'm just pointing out the 100% price difference vs what I paid for my setup.

I wasn’t saying anything negative, I was praising it as it did exactly what it was supposed to do cause the buggy was at extreme angles many times this weekend. The reference of finagling with it was just in us messing with the oil level and a couple other things.

0CD7D0EC-F284-43C0-BBA9-3260F49A9BB9.jpeg

😂

These ls7 lifter failures are getting super common it seems, I just got my caprice back together from a lifter coming apart at highish rpm.

I think it's a manufacturing issue since they became the only factory replacement for all LS lifters. I picked up a set 10 years ago that have been doing quite well.

The ones I've seen fail have been, more often that not, run with stupid heavy double and triple valves springs. A lot of places suggest running more valve spring than what the cams realllly need.

Although, if I ever do pull the heads on my motor again, I will probably opt for some Johnson link bar lifters.

I think it's a manufacturing issue since they became the only factory replacement for all LS lifters. I picked up a set 10 years ago that have been doing quite well.

The ones I've seen fail have been, more often that not, run with stupid heavy double and triple valves springs. A lot of places suggest running more valve spring than what the cams realllly need.

Although, if I ever do pull the heads on my motor again, I will probably opt for some Johnson link bar lifters.
Hopefully the genuine Chevy performance ones are better quality.
1643550585218.jpeg

I'd think with what you're doing they should hold up pretty well.

So I’d like to learn a little bit from this video. I’d initially think that something isn’t tuned right or maybe the exhaust is under sized for the engine to see it get that cherry red. I mean, it looked like you were giving it the beans a few times, but far from a 3 minute steady beat down. Mostly because I’m building my own buggy and if there’s something I need to put some more focus on.
I'd agree. Normally a glowing exhaust comes from not enough timing. Will also cause overheating problems.

Back