free roll cage material

asp_yimg_com_xj_th_fdc5c72388551515f824e26c1fb2e97d._.jpg
I guess I'm gonna put this banner on my Jeep to warn everyone it could fall apart:D

Spray arc vs short circuit transfer, duty cycle, out put of said machine and a lot of years dedicated at aluminum welding at all levels. You would be sorely disappointed in its performance "if" you know what I know and have worked with what I have worked with. It is nothing personal or about you. It is simply a bad investment. You would be better off getting some aluminum stick rod.

Spray arc vs short circuit transfer, duty cycle, out put of said machine and a lot of years dedicated at aluminum welding at all levels. You would be sorely disappointed in its performance "if" you know what I know and have worked with what I have worked with. It is nothing personal or about you. It is simply a bad investment. You would be better off getting some aluminum stick rod.
sound enough advise for me....thanks

thanks for the pictues but I have NO CLUE what I'm looking at...sounds like you welded with .35 flux wire with 110v welder???
am I looking at "success" or "failure" in these pictures...to me they all look good i guess

The point with these and what you should understand is that I welded them at no more than 105 amps. This is below the max output of your Lincoln 140.

My point with low amperage on short circuit mig is that technique and puddle manipulation are everything.

Short version 3/8 plate can be welded, tested, and meet industry standards with the weld current below 120 amps.

You will receive some 3/8 plate and some 1/4" plate. I will test your welds in both a groove and fillet.

Never accept a beer that you don't open yourself. :lol:

so THATS why Dylan doesn't drink!!! we love ya, lil buddy. signedChucktheputtingthesnowballdownthebackofDylanspantsonweldertrailguybackbeforetheassholefamilythathasmillionsofdollarsanddespiteTNcantprosecuteforoffroadaccidentsshutdownmyfavoriteplacetolocalwheel hehe- still not as good as Stretches

The point with these and what you should understand is that I welded them at no more than 105 amps. This is below the max output of your Lincoln 140.

My point with low amperage on short circuit mig is that technique and puddle manipulation are everything.

Short version 3/8 plate can be welded, tested, and meet industry standards with the weld current below 120 amps.

You will receive some 3/8 plate and some 1/4" plate. I will test your welds in both a groove and fillet.

agreed, you can weld "basically anything" with enough passes and a good enough root to allow for it, Im betting that when he says 'weld 3/8" ' that he's talking single pass.

ohh boy....gotta admit you guys got me all nervous as hell now...and by no means am i being "ego" right now but for the last solid 5yrs, I have never doubted a weld but with all this "tests of stuff", i'm all nervous now....feel like i used to before an exam...been 15yrs since this lol.
Oh well, I'll just do my best of what I know to do and go from there.

m betting that when he says 'weld 3/8" ' that he's talking single pass.
yeah...so you do want me to make multiple passes on it? i thought i was just doing one pass on everything i get to see how it holds...am I getting a bill in the mail too for all these welding lessons lol lol

the more I think JF/Marty/Whatever is just Dynomite's twin that just can't weld for shit.
yeah...kinda makes you wonder what's holding that "abomination of an XJ" together all this time of wheeling....and now he's put new axles with all HIS own brackets and spring perches....oh boy look out fellas

Will it be vertical up Z weave and have to pass all visual before bend test?? I had a harder time passing the visual!!!

3 passes on vertical and overhead, 4 passes on horizontal.
3???? is that what calls from books? HOLY CHRISTMAS NUTS!!!
THis is NO LIE: my bumpers are 5/16 thick and only welded on with one pass and i had the chain running through it on my engine hoist holding in mid air for days while installing new axles and well, obviously no breakage. I'm not bragging but either I'm better at welding than you and I both think, or welding is just not as "technical" as it's made out to be. You are more than welcome to see my bumpers for yourselves with only a One Pass Weld and you are more than welcome to hand it in mid air with full weight of jeep on it for days and see for yourselves....Just Sayin fellas...something not adding up here

and i'm not bragging about my welding but just pointing out something that isn't making any sense according to your specs of how many passes that thick of steel should be that's all

so THATS why Dylan doesn't drink!!! we love ya, lil buddy. signed Chuck the putting the snowball down the back of Dylans pants on welder trail guy back before the asshole family that has millions of dollars and despiteTN cant prosecute for offroad accidents shutdown my favorite place to local wheel hehe- still not as good as Stretches

Damn...that's hard to read. Them was the good ole days. When are we going wheeling again my friend?

I had a harder time passing the visual!!!
Oh I FAIL visual already as I have never focused on my welds looking good..they either look good cause I just happen to weld it that way or looks off cause well, i just don't care on my stuff

Not to take any interest away from Dylan's original offering, but a tree came down on my Dad's renter's trampoline. We pushed it into the woods. Must pick up :). Also has the safety netting that you could probably make a sunshade or something out of...
ai795.photobucket.com_albums_yy238_lbarr2002_20160228_165902_zpsiqdhoj3z.jpg
o_O

Your welds may not be pretty but I will say that I do like the tires that you groove. If I had a trail rig I'd prob run a set of your cut tires.

Just trying to put a positive light out there.

^ I'll have to agree. John you are pretty handy with a tire groover. You made good use of the most worthless tire on the market.
yeah I'm weird cause I actually like grooving tires...the feeling of "traction" being done one swipe at a time LOL I know I'm a nut

so nobody has answered my "only one pass" on my bumpers thing...why are they as strong as they are cause now i'm very intrigued as according to the science of welding, that thick bumpers welded on should rip right off with only one pass on 110welder and 4500lb dangling in the air for days....I'm very confused now about all this welding talk cause now i see why everyone says it should've fallen apart year ago but yet everytime i pull or push or yank with my bumpers and slam down on rock with rock sliders, everything holding up like it should...

You made good use of the most worthless tire on the market.
and these were at 1/4" if that when i got them...new thronbirds come right at 7/8" so imagine what a New set of Thornbirds would look like after I got done with them...that is my Dream tire is New Thronbird 38.5" grooved like these....those lugs would be like 4"deep

The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then!!!!!
LMAO...is this kinda positive criticism or just a joke...are u insinuating that maybe, just maybe, just slightest bit maybe my welds are half way descent then (obviously)lol

Back