Fuel Prices report

SC went above $4/gallon on gas. Over $5 on Diesel. $110 to fill the Gas SD last week.

Stopped today to put some motivation in the 12 valve. I use the circle k card to get my .10 cents off but it still clicked at $100 and I had 3/4 tank. Started with just over 1/4.

This is gross.

$5.45 for diesel this morning , but it was worth it.
F754882F-6AF1-4D54-958D-9F3E19A6FCE9.jpeg

The current one just put troops back in Somalia 😡

😥 Programming the pumps to allow double digit price per gallon.

Wouldn't it be easier to just charge by the quart or half gallon? Or 1/10th gallon, then there's no math at all. :D

Plus you'd get swarms of customers!

When I went to Puerto Rico, fuel was sold be the liter because they only had two digits on the old pumps... Probably selling by the teaspoon now

Wouldn't it be easier to just charge by the quart or half gallon? Or 1/10th gallon, then there's no math at all. :D

Plus you'd get swarms of customers!

I've never understood why we still do the 9/10's on the gallon of gas. I get it - I'm in marketing - it looks like you are paying a penny less a gallon, which was important when gas was like 85 cents a gallon, but that ship has sailed long ago and it hit an iceberg and sunk.

Well, fuel around Galax climbed another dime today to $4.39-4.49 depending which station.

$5 soon enough I reckon.

I’ll see your complaints about diesel prices and raise you to fah-q money…

Fummins…check
Lifted…check
Aerodynamics of a brick…check
Most expensive dentside ever sold…check

View attachment 372952
Hmmm....maybe I should go and pull a couple of dentsides out of the boneyard.

Mecum can suck a fat one, I want to meet the assholes who are driving prices up to these insane levels; a week or two ago I was looking at an 89 OBS C3500 that sold for like 89K on Mecum auctions. Ridiculous.

Hmmm....maybe I should go and pull a couple of dentsides out of the boneyard.

Mecum can suck a fat one, I want to meet the assholes who are driving prices up to these insane levels; a week or two ago I was looking at an 89 OBS C3500 that sold for like 89K on Mecum auctions. Ridiculous.

4-5 years ago…that Fummins was a $50k truck max. In one of my groups there’s a guy that tracks sales prices between BaT, Mecum, BJ, eBay and few others. It’s quite interesting following trucks on that thread. A few broncos that were for sale in the FB groups that were getting made fun of for asking $20k in the groups…put it one of those auctions and they were pulling $30-40k…2-3 years later now, and those same broncos are pulling $50-70k today. I remember being a ‘proud’ swinging dick a decade ago with my 77 250, NOS restoration, cost me $30k in parts for a $20k appraisal…at the time, it was one of very few on the innernet with an appraisal >$20k. Now I know several guys doing the same thing today, spending $75k and EXPECTING to make at least another $25k over their investment, used to be only the Ring Bros could pull that coin, and usually only from EB’s. But the ticket seems to coyote swaps…straight body, coyote swap, you’re guaranteed a $40k pay day, more if the rest of the rig is a quality build. I’m apparently not living life right. That said, there are several I cringe at for the lack of accuracy or just flat out polishing a turd. Since this is gencon, I won’t name names, but there’s a long time sleeze ball out of Iowa, that will literally take what I’d consider a parts truck, bondo the hell out of it, POR15 the hell out of the under side, cheap paint on top (overspray and all), jy pull out drivetrains, post crappy pics online…and his junk (literally) is selling for $20-30k. A fool and his money I spose…

Last edited:
That said, there are several I cringe at for the lack of accuracy or just flat out polishing a turd.

Speaking of…cheap LMC patch panels, cheap black paint…cheap Phoenix Graphics freewheeler stickers.

163C99F4-CE7B-4355-AC21-9F906DF2BE34.jpeg

That price tag And can’t even get the right trim pieces…

B244C12F-AD2B-42DF-9C36-2F6F182576E0.jpeg

Last edited:

$5.25 in Belmont this morning. Everywhere else was $5.49+.

Back