Fuel Prices report

6DCFE1DD-4D2E-4830-94D7-5A87C9B96487.jpeg

Muhfuggah… I swear.

$6.05 diesel on the north side of Morganton today.

If you’re down at Myrtle Beach, I just got diesel for 4.99 at the walmart grocery store near Market Commons. First time I’ve seen sub-$5 diesel in weeks.

Damn, that's the opposite way from home though 🤦‍♂️

Duane

I saw that today. Interesting. Hope that dude don’t get suicided for that. It’s almost like they are trying to create a shortage. He said Union Pacific is asking them to decrease shipments, but I never heard why?

I saw that today. Interesting. Hope that dude don’t get suicided for that. It’s almost like they are trying to create a shortage. He said Union Pacific is asking them to decrease shipments, but I never heard why?

I saw this conspiracy theory on it -

TLDR - Warren Buffet bought a different railroad (BNSF), and owns some of Flying J and the big shareholders (blackrock) in Union Pacific also invested heavily in electric car mfg's

Definitely interesting. I'm not sure I follow what all the CEO is after there. I guess I need to see more of that speech and that of his colleges.

Pilot/Flying J can rake in the $$$. Consistently up and down the road they are the highest prices on fuel, yet they have big buying power due to volume so surely they get better margins. Why are they highest on price? Because they can be. The bulk of their business is tied to corporate fuel cards and the drivers want the convenience of their sites.

Pilot/Flying J can rake in the $$$. Consistently up and down the road they are the highest prices on fuel, yet they have big buying power due to volume so surely they get better margins. Why are they highest on price? Because they can be. The bulk of their business is tied to corporate fuel cards and the drivers want the convenience of their sites.

I'm always surprised by their prices vs a few miles away and a "normal" station

Loves is always high as well

I'm always surprised by their prices vs a few miles away and a "normal" station

Danville maybe two weeks ago they were .30c a gallon higher than the speedway a few hundred yards up the road. I’ll make a Uturn and block half the lot with my trailer to save .30c a gallon 🤣

Are they maybe so high because they know tractor trailers can't make it into a lot of normal gas stations so people will pay to know they can fill up there? Just thinking out loud
Probably that and they’re usually conveniently right off of the interstate. I live not far from I-20. There’s a couple of stations right off of the interstate and they’re always higher than a few more gas stations half a mile away. If not for a hill, they’d be in view of each other. I’m guilty of paying more to get back on the road quickly if I’m interstate traveling.

Paid $4.89 for diesel today in downtown Columbus, Ga. I about wrecked the truck when I saw it advertised on the sign and may have conducted an illegal lane change to get into the station. Thinking I should buy some 5 gal jugs to bring back with me at the end of next week.

Probably that and they’re usually conveniently right off of the interstate. I live not far from I-20. There’s a couple of stations right off of the interstate and they’re always higher than a few more gas stations half a mile away. If not for a hill, they’d be in view of each other. I’m guilty of paying more to get back on the road quickly if I’m interstate traveling.
They also have showers, huge lounges and other extra overhead that small mom and pops dont

When we go to PA were in Maryland for about 10 miles.At exit 9 on Int 81 there's a big Luvs truck stop.The last two times we were thru there fuel was significantly cheaper than anywhere esle along 81 and the trucks were backed up almost to the offramp waiting to get in.We had to go past the station and turn around and go in the exit to get the non truck diesel pumps.

Thats why we have decided to forgo any PA trips for a while.Probably all year.

When we go to PA were in Maryland for about 10 miles.At exit 9 on Int 81 there's a big Luvs truck stop.The last two times we were thru there fuel was significantly cheaper than anywhere esle along 81 and the trucks were backed up almost to the offramp waiting to get in.We had to go past the station and turn around and go in the exit to get the non truck diesel pumps.
Can’t say as I blame you. Hell, I’d leave here in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for my job. Gave me an increase this year that (so far) has kept up with the “advertised” amount of inflation. At this point, I’m glad I’m on a hybrid schedule, because the 45 minute ride each way to the office twice a week is getting damned expensive. The cost of fuel is the leading contributor as to why the boss lady, the kids and I aren’t getting the fawk outta Dodge for vacation either.

Paid $4.89 for diesel today in downtown Columbus, Ga. I about wrecked the truck when I saw it advertised on the sign and may have conducted an illegal lane change to get into the station. Thinking I should buy some 5 gal jugs to bring back with me at the end of next week.

Dang thats good, cheaper than the cherry flavored that i filled up with last.

Can’t say as I blame you. Hell, I’d leave here in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for my job. Gave me an increase this year that (so far) has kept up with the “advertised” amount of inflation. At this point, I’m glad I’m on a hybrid schedule, because the 45 minute ride each way to the office twice a week is getting damned expensive. The cost of fuel is the leading contributor as to why the boss lady, the kids and I aren’t getting the fawk outta Dodge for vacation either.
The sad part for us is we consider ours trip up there sort of a vacation,all be it a working vacation.

Dang thats good, cheaper than the cherry flavored that i filled up with last.
One station here in town is always at least .20 higher than anyone else.I saw last week they were $5.55,then down to $5.39 and today I noticed it was $5,29.Wonder what was up w that.The only place I have found cherry flavored is at the local CooP and if you dont have a farm tax# on file or one to give them its not any cheaper.A couple of the truck stops have the pumps but they always have a "out of order" sign on em.

Back