Fuel Prices report

Read elsewhere and have no way to verify but:

“I was out this morning and ran into friend of mine that's a pretty good sized farmer. He told me that last Friday he was in his fuel distributors office when the "fuel rep" stopped in. My friend said the SOLE reason the rep stopped in was to verify that the pumps at the facility were capable of double digit fuel prices.”

Read elsewhere and have no way to verify but:

“I was out this morning and ran into friend of mine that's a pretty good sized farmer. He told me that last Friday he was in his fuel distributors office when the "fuel rep" stopped in. My friend said the SOLE reason the rep stopped in was to verify that the pumps at the facility were capable of double digit fuel prices.”
I read recently that they expect the national average for 87 to peak between $5.25-$5.50/ gallon over the next two months.

I read recently that they expect the national average for 87 to peak between $5.25-$5.50/ gallon over the next two months.
I have read a few times it is expected to be over $6 by August but I don’t think anyone can really know. Families who were already paycheck to paycheck before prices went up must really be struggling.

Why don't we just trust what Biden says since he is controlling it anyway?

Filling for $5.69/gal in Dry Pond, VA. With the big pump the $150+ fill up happens fast.
CD4C27D9-8D9C-4263-A979-95F710346B67.jpeg

I keep hearing/reading about "if prices keep goin up the truckers are gonna strike".The way i see it theirs not enuf independent truckers to really make a difference as most drivers drive for large carriers now and it would seem(based on what I've read) most owner/operators are running soo close they cant afford to strike.Its not the 70's/80's where the trucks were mostly ran by o/o so i dont see how a strike would do much of anything.Tell me where Im wrong???

You’re still operating in 2020 dollars…compared to other countries we’ve been historically been lower priced.

What does that actually have to do with anything?
I'm operating with whats in my pocket!
Not to mention we pay what we pay regardless of what the rest of the world pays.

And, it $4.69 now.

I keep hearing/reading about "if prices keep goin up the truckers are gonna strike".The way i see it theirs not enuf independent truckers to really make a difference as most drivers drive for large carriers now and it would seem(based on what I've read) most owner/operators are running soo close they cant afford to strike.Its not the 70's/80's where the trucks were mostly ran by o/o so i dont see how a strike would do much of anything.Tell me where Im wrong???
You would be wrong. there are a shit ton of trucking companies that operate 10 - 20 trucks. Owner operators which is probably what you are thinking of is only about 9%. I admit I had to look for some solid data but working in the industry I felt like you were wrong on your assumptions. IDK how accurate this info is but here is some for you. For the sake of argument lets say 9% is accurate and the 2M number is accurate. So lets say 180K trucks park all the same week... You will feel it. But they tried this in the 70's. Too many people don't do it so it becomes a blip not a wave. Trucking Statistics | TruckInfo.net

How many trucking companies are there in the U.S.?
Estimates of 1.2 million companies in the U.S. Of that figure 97% operate 20 or fewer while 90% operate 6 or fewer trucks.

How many trucks operate in the U.S.?
Estimates of 15.5 million trucks operate in the U.S.. Of this figure 2 million are tractor trailers.

About 7 bucks a gallon in Canada right now (2.11 CAD per liter) on my dad's trip to Alaska
thats 5.49 when you convert it to US Doll Hairs :D

What does that actually have to do with anything?
I'm operating with whats in my pocket!
Not to mention we pay what we pay regardless of what the rest of the world pays.

And, it $4.69 now.

That was my best Shawn impression…(see housing thread)…my bad.

Dropped $200 between the Jeep and the motorhome this weekend going to Potts. Fortunately the camping and trail were free, which helped take the bite out of fuel.

Still sucks a big bag of Richards.

You would be wrong. there are a shit ton of trucking companies that operate 10 - 20 trucks. Owner operators which is probably what you are thinking of is only about 9%. I admit I had to look for some solid data but working in the industry I felt like you were wrong on your assumptions. IDK how accurate this info is but here is some for you. For the sake of argument lets say 9% is accurate and the 2M number is accurate. So lets say 180K trucks park all the same week... You will feel it. But they tried this in the 70's. Too many people don't do it so it becomes a blip not a wave. Trucking Statistics | TruckInfo.net

How many trucking companies are there in the U.S.?
Estimates of 1.2 million companies in the U.S. Of that figure 97% operate 20 or fewer while 90% operate 6 or fewer trucks.

How many trucks operate in the U.S.?
Estimates of 15.5 million trucks operate in the U.S.. Of this figure 2 million are tractor trailers.
Fair enuf but my question still is how many of those can afford to idle 10-20 trucks for a week??

Fair enuf but my question still is how many of those can afford to idle 10-20 trucks for a week??
Who would be the anticipated target of this "strike" and what change would they be trying to enact? Lower diesel prices?

Back