Fuel Prices report

Diesel 5.69/gal. This was 1/4 tank for our tanker.

20220613_202238.jpg

You would be wrong. there are a shit ton of trucking companies that operate 10 - 20 trucks. Owner operators which is probably what you are thinking of is only about 9%. I admit I had to look for some solid data but working in the industry I felt like you were wrong on your assumptions. IDK how accurate this info is but here is some for you. For the sake of argument lets say 9% is accurate and the 2M number is accurate. So lets say 180K trucks park all the same week... You will feel it. But they tried this in the 70's. Too many people don't do it so it becomes a blip not a wave. Trucking Statistics | TruckInfo.net

How many trucking companies are there in the U.S.?
Estimates of 1.2 million companies in the U.S. Of that figure 97% operate 20 or fewer while 90% operate 6 or fewer trucks.

How many trucks operate in the U.S.?
Estimates of 15.5 million trucks operate in the U.S.. Of this figure 2 million are tractor trailers.
Talked to a guy i know today thats the shop foreman for a company that has about 30 trucks and he backs up what you're saying(not that i doubted you).He said it would be soo hard to get everybody to go along w it that it would never make much of an impact.He said if they were to park their trucks for any amount of time that other companies would recruit/silicate their drivers to come work for them since there's such a shortage of drivers.

I filled up the dumptruck, excursion, and crane for $2.69/gallon today. Sure wish I had filled up 4 of these totes when it was $2/gallon. Might wouldn't be afraid to drive anywhere if I had!

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_125951533_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220614_125951533_HDR.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 95
Anybody heard anything like this? These vids can be BS or money, just depends.

My propane guy told me last week that the Selma terminal is only letting diesel go on certain days and times. Not quite rationing it yet, but it's not as easy to come by as normal. He echoed what others have said in that it's probably going to get worse.

"Deisel Gas outages"? Sounds like a solid source of good information 👍

Filled up the DD today. Shi taint right.
Thank goodness it was nearly 600 miles on this tank.
20220615_175910.jpg

Back