Fuel Prices report

Took $573.04 to fill my truck up this morning, diesel was $3.77 a gallon, this really hurts small businesses when you are a delivery service, we have 4 trucks and running a night shift also, so that’s at least one fill up per day per truck
You have a 152 gallon tank and you have to fill it daily?

You have a 152 gallon tank and you have to fill it daily?
Sounds about right for big trucks, 6mpg and 4 trucks running 200-250 miles/day. Buddy of mine runs 4 guys and a small grading business with fairly large equipment and he says his fuel bill is typically about $2000/week. :eek:

Sounds about right for big trucks, 6mpg and 4 trucks running 200-250 miles/day. Buddy of mine runs 4 guys and a small grading business with fairly large equipment and he says his fuel bill is typically about $2000/week. :eek:
Absolutely, depends on the runs we can run anywhere from 200-450 miles a day

I read that oil could go as high as $150/barrel.
That's only getting it back to the 2007 highs. It can go a lot higher than that.

API report came out today. Expected a crude build of 2.9mm barrels, but reported a 6.1mm barrel drawdown.

My fuel bill this time last year was running around $600.00 to $900.00 a month now it runs around $1200.00 to $1800.00 a month. I don't know how much more i can stand without a rate increase for the extra fuel cost.

My gas F250 now takes more fuel than the pump will allow, stopping at $100.

That's only getting it back to the 2007 highs. It can go a lot higher than that.

API report came out today. Expected a crude build of 2.9mm barrels, but reported a 6.1mm barrel drawdown.
I remember those days. @RenegadeT and I carpooled to work for about 2-3 years while gas prices were high back then.

My fuel bill this time last year was running around $600.00 to $900.00 a month now it runs around $1200.00 to $1800.00 a month. I don't know how much more i can stand without a rate increase for the extra fuel cost.
Don't increase prices. Say it with me. Fuel Surcharge..... It's SOP and has been that way in transportation for a long time. I can get you some standard rates companies pay per price at the pump..... % per mile is the most common.

I
Don't increase prices. Say it with me. Fuel Surcharge..... It's SOP and has been that way in transportation for a long time. I can get you some standard rates companies pay per price at the pump..... % per mile is the most common.
I would appreciate that. When i started with a couple of my new roadside assistance provider's. I knew the fuel was going up and got them to approve a little higher rate, but it is getting close to what i figured the top of my fuel cost per a gallon would be for this year. But it looks like it will be a lot higher, and this is just the start of the 3 month of this year.

This is an old one from Bridgestone. These are all per mile. If diesel is $3.50 the charge is .428/ mile. So 100 mile trip has $42.80 as a fuel surcharge. They use a service now that calculates fuel in the route. cut their fuel cost in half.

BFA Fuel.jpg

That’s what we do is a fuel surcharge, didn’t go up on anything else, told our customers and nobody was ill and everybody understood

1646247511655.png

Went into Mount Airy today, 3.69 🤨

I went to Gulches last weekend, about a 3.5hr drive. Was able to get a "deal" on some 87 at $3.45
Cost $275 just to go wheeling for the Day.

I went to Gulches last weekend, about a 3.5hr drive. Was able to get a "deal" on some 87 at $3.45
Cost $275 just to go wheeling for the Day.
Wow. I left with a full tank in the 7.3 Godzilla 250. Put a half tank in at Ingles for $54.39. When I filled up on empty last week it was the highest ever. About $91.00.

Wow. I left with a full tank in the 7.3 Godzilla 250. Put a half tank in at Ingles for $54.39. When I filled up on empty last week it was the highest ever. About $91.00.
Yeah the Ecoboost only gets 8mpg towing. I know alot of people say they do better but not going 75 - 80.

Hey maybe if gas gets to $5 I can calculate my savings buying a new 7.3 like yours.

@WillnFox i was getting about 9 - 10 on way up there. Was going about 75 - 78 as much as possible since I was running late. I love mine. She likes 1500 - 1800 rpm. She just cruises at that rpm.

Back