Fuel Prices report

That's so insane, I had to see it for myself, so I pulled up GasBuddy.... currently $4.49 in San Diego

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/california/san-diego
Who knows ...I can pay $4.50 right now for diesel if I wanted to overpay in Davidson co.

And these prices are about .40-.60 off from. What they really are.

@ncpartsguy Not saying you’re wrong but gas buddy has really gone downhill as far as accuracy.

I hardly use it anymore. One or two users here are constantly reporting prices WAY below what they really are. Here is what prices they reported today vs what the actual prices were yesterday evening.

gas buddy sucks.png

Duane

Last edited:
@ncpartsguy Not saying you’re wrong but gas buddy has really gone downhill as far as accuracy.
Leaving for PA on Sunday and have been looking at prices on GB.As of now fuel in PA is about .30-.40/gallon higher than here,My 2/3 of the way fuel stoppin place is $3.90/gal

3.79 for reg in jonesville.

Cheapest I saw from 5 stations this morning was $3.80. Cheapest diesel was still $4.40 like yesterday.

$3.799 for regular, $3.999 for mid grade and $4.499 for premium at the little corner gas station where I live. Before I went there I checked Gas Buddy and the last reported price was $3.539 for regular. Unfortunately, that was report last night. Overnight, the gas went up $0.26 per gallon just sitting in their tanks. :mad:

1646424897693.png

everything around here is 3.89-4 for 87.

Gotta trek down to VA and back tomorrow, definitely taking the Mazda instead of the Pathy

I passed stations in Butner with reg. @ $3.79 Thursday, Friday. They were all posted at $3.99.

Diesel is at $4.77/gallon in Efland..... spending the weekend wrenching on my TDI....first fill-up on the LJR was 14.5mpg!

Have not been to town the last couple of days. Was 3.79 in Mount Airy and 3.69 in Galax Thursday.

Went over to the Brewery in Hartsville for dinner. $4.98 at the pilot and the shell there had diesel for $4.99. $5 diesel is here.

Prices in VA are all over the place. I got regular at $3.75 but a few blocks down regular was $4.15. Diesel is almost $5.

I never thought it would be this bad.

Leaving for PA on Sunday and have been looking at prices on GB.As of now fuel in PA is about .30-.40/gallon higher than here,My 2/3 of the way fuel stoppin place is $3.90/gal
This is why I like my 62 gallon S&B tank. If I find a "cheaper" place, I can fill up and cruise on past the other expensive places.

I know some of y'all don't care what the price is, but i sure took a u turn for diesel, one station was 4.79 and the other was 4.39 . sucks to have to swipe you card twice.
Only twice?

This is why I DON'T like my S&B tank...sorta. Less frequent fill ups, but a bigger hit at once. I usually fill up at around 60 gallons, so at 5 bucks a gallon, that's 300 bucks. 450 miles vs over 1000 though, so it's all a wash, but really nice when towing or on a long trip.

87 - 3.88
91 - 4.18
93 - 4.58
#2 - 4.80

This is from Murphy's down the road at the Walmart in Havelock.

Back