Fuel Prices report

You on the first responder rate for propane?

Probably. I never specifically asked for any special rate or anything, but I get it from the same company that services our stations, which is a smallish local outfit.

Duane

Regular is around 3.20/gal, diesel around 3.50/gal, and since it was mentioned, I paid 1.99/gal for my propane delivery earlier this week.

Duane
That's a really good rate for propane. A tanker load delivered to me today would be 1.60ish.

Paid $3.19 today. Sucks but is what it is, I fill it up anyway cause I don’t have a choice.

Those prices do effect my wheeling trips though. Filling up my truck at 7mpg with these prices brings the suck for real.

Those prices do effect my wheeling trips though. Filling up my truck at 7mpg with these prices brings the suck for real.
1643922158059.png

I think that's women in general, not just your wife. I've been thinking about hanging around in Target...women are already in there getting lots of stuff they don't need anyway. I'm sure at least one or two of them would take me home!

I think that's women in general, not just your wife. I've been thinking about hanging around in Target...women are already in there getting lots of stuff they don't need anyway. I'm sure at least one or two of them would take me home!
Homegoods and TJ Maxx is a gold mine

No Homegoods here, but we do have a TJ Maxx and a Hobby Lobby :D

Find you a Harris Teeter and post up. Straight up milf central at the local HT.

Find you a Harris Teeter and post up. Straight up milf central at the local HT.

Got one 5 miles from my house and then their largest store is in New Bern. Somewhere around 100,000 square feet!

Ingles has gone up 10 cents per gallon since Thursday evening. It's 3.25 and diesel has jumped 14 cents to 3.69. The shell station a quarter of a mile away is 3.35 and 3.74. I think the plan is to have a chip shortage for a few more years and fuel at insane price levels so it'll be easier to bring in the electric mobile.

Had to meet a dude in Weaverville yesterday w some transmissions,Diesel at the ingles on Marshall was 3.41,the fuel I bought in TN the day before was 3.39.I guess they hadnt got the price increase yet. I try real hard not to buy any fuel in NC esp around the mountains.

Went to West Jefferson today and gasoline was 3.29 at one place. 3.49 to 3.59 in Mount Airy.

I read that oil could go as high as $150/barrel.

I read that oil could go as high as $150/barrel.
Me too. $5 gasoline and $6 diesel would suck big ole balls.

Forgot to say that fuel in Galax is about a dime cheaper than here.

It would normalize the price of trucks and campers though!

People love their home value going up. Or how much extra their old car is worth. But hate when normal things increase in price.

I typically prefer higher fuel prices BECAUSE it normalizes/lowers prices on my hobbies. But I heard a theory that this go round, prices are SO high on trucks and campers, it makes more financial sense to power through the added expense, rather than sell a truck you bought at $80k for $40k. You can no longer justify being upside down $10k for the gas savings, you won’t cover the gap with todays prices. And with campers, outside of monthly payments…it can sit in the driveway until you can break even in 5 years.

Last edited:
Took $573.04 to fill my truck up this morning, diesel was $3.77 a gallon, this really hurts small businesses when you are a delivery service, we have 4 trucks and running a night shift also, so that’s at least one fill up per day per truck

Back