Fuel Prices report

This bit of info leans me to the belief this will not be short lived. So is Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel now a must have? (HYPOTHETICAL) Seems to be quickly shifting to necessity/luxury status depending on the market or buyer?

Long term opens a lot of questions in major transportation and shipping. Not just trucks but large ships, do they run this blend or required to? Hmm. Market shift forced by diesel prices and the push for electric. Laws inbound for the ability to prove the need for diesel engines does not seem to far fetched. Or consumers get pinched and prices force shifts to be competitive. Even if large electric was involved to power gobs of smaller diesel engine chores we don't have the infrastructure to handle it. I need to turn my brain off this...
Large ships burn 'bunker fuel'. ULSD fuel was introduced just prior to 2007 when DPF's started appearing on diesel trucks. Other nations around the world are slowly catching up with the US and Europe and if not already using ULSD, they will be in the near future.

4.23 at the local High's this morning. About typical around here.

I wonder how long until GSA changes the POV reimbursement rate

Mount Airy is 3.99 to 4.09, as is Galax.

A few stations in Galax we still 3.89 today, the 3 on 89 heading out of town.

Large ships burn 'bunker fuel'.
We're talking about low-sulfur bunker fuel. IMO 2020. That's a big part of what's driving up the cost of diesel.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1651690833511.jpg
    FB_IMG_1651690833511.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 92
Fueled up in Mt Airy for $3.86/gal for 87.
Back in TN it was $3.59.
Damn, wish I would've know you were in MTA. Next time let somebody know and we'll grab lunch

FYI, the pumps at the Shell on the edge of Harlan Kentucky shut off at $95. Had to swipe the card again...
Yea, see this is where I get pissed. Why in the world does a pump shut off if I'm prepaying w/ a card? I'm not swiping again...pound sand!

Yea, see this is where I get pissed. Why in the world does a pump shut off if I'm prepaying w/ a card? I'm not swiping again...pound sand!

This is what I assume - when you run a card at the store, there is no preauthorization required because you are just authorizing the actual amount, does your card have 75 bucks? Yep, okay charge the 75 you spent.

When you buy gas they don't know how much you are going to spend, so they probably do a check for do you have up to 125 left on your account before the limit? And it places a temp hold on it in some way? They have to pick some number to assume you won't spend more than x, without killing the entire limit of people that might not have a lot of balance left.

I have always thought that gas pumps should have the ability to select the amount of fuel you would like to buy.

The cashier can do it so one would think it’s possible.

Thanks, but I didn't have a lot of time available. Was very busy ffeling inadequate comparing my TIG welds to those from the Master Mr Cutler.
Well if you were at his shop we didn't miss each other by a day I'd say. Finally got a chance to meet @BigSouth while he was up

Finally got a chance to meet @BigSouth while he was up
I’ll shoot you a PM next time I’m headed up and we’ll all grab some lunch.

Diesel $5.69. Ouch

I hate this thread....I hate the lumber thread.....I hate the housing market trash thread. I still like the MEME thread.....

I think the Love's on the interstate is at $6. Looks like the Jeep getting the bump up to daily driver or I might see if county transit come pick me up everyday and take me to work....I think I can fit all my tools in their van 🤔

KIMG0520.jpg

Diesel peaked at 5.70 this week and now it's dropping back to the 5.40's. This is nuts. Nearly all of my hobbies require the out doors and burning dinosaurs.

Back