Guardrails pulled down?

buckshot500

I just heard about some guardrails that were pulled down on Dickey Bell recently.

Seriously, did you think that was going to help keep the park open?

Those barriers were installed by a bunch of regular folks who just want to have this awesome park stay open to us. We need to keep off the land on the other side of those rails, so the archaeologists don't close the entire ORV area.

We asked for your help, not to do the opposite.

Make it right and offer to help us put them back.

Raleigh Area Wheelers(RAW) is sending a scout crew to survey and photograph the damages so a game plan can be formed and the guardrails fixed asap!

White trash

We are already aware and posted this info a few days ago. Fou is working on a plan now.

Why not reverse the guardrails to keep the archaeologists off the 4wheeling trails? If we can't go on their play area, they shouldn't be allowed on ours.

Yes unbolted... Cameras are in the works. Also considering welding the nuts on the back side of the gaurd rail

@snappy I wouldn't mention the cameras on here (and will delete this portion of my post if you delete yours). Leave the guardrails easily removable/destroyable, hide the cameras, then punish the perps. No need to make super-ultra-mega guardrails to get torn down too. If man can put it up, man can take it down, so you're just throwing away more money and not solving the problem: people who think its ok to tear down guardrails and wheel off trails.

@snappy I wouldn't mention the cameras on here (and will delete this portion of my post if you delete yours). Leave the guardrails easily removable/destroyable, hide the cameras, then punish the perps. No need to make super-ultra-mega guardrails to get torn down too. If man can put it up, man can take it down, so you're just throwing away more money and not solving the problem: people who think its ok to tear down guardrails and wheel off trails.
Honestly dont think it is guys on here doing it..... I believe its more the good ole boys that dont know the rules and think its there personel property

Honestly dont think it is guys on here doing it..... I believe its more the good ole boys that dont know the rules and think its there personel property
I don't think it is either. But things posted on here have a way of getting around, just like things posted on facebook have a way of getting here. I'm sure we could build something good enough to defeat their efforts. But I personally would rather see them get caught, and be punished and stopped in that manner.

Last edited:
I probly wouldnt spend the time welding them, as it may not be feasible for everyone on every work day. On some street signs that have been stolen multiple times, the DOT will simply hammer the bolt 90* behind the bolt. You have to cut it either way, but might be easiest/quickest, esp if using galvanized/stainless bolts.

Will edit if you agree with Matt^^: I would also install come of the cheap HF cameras in places all around. While they wont work, might detract others to the real ones. Also, some of these good ole boys might not realize there isnt any power up in that tree for those cameras.

Unless this was done at night, which it likely was, someone had to see them unbolting gaurd rails.

I also think a solid whack or two with a 4lb hammer would do as good as anything toward unbolting. Now where that whack is placed depends on catching the perps or preventing the perps.

I doubt welding is worth the trouble. Never know when a section or more might have to come down, for legal reasons, damage, ect. A few good whacks would be ok. If some one wanted them down, they'd Pull them down, post & all.
That's what I'd do! I wouldn't waste time unbolting them.

It blows my mind that folks would do such a thing. While I think the guardrails are ugly and annoying, if it means keeping those sections of trails open then so be it. I cannot believe that people would even think to stop and take the time to pull them off. They should use all that extra time they have to drive to another park where they have more room to roam.

We'll yesterday cnc4x4 round dickey bell and all the guardrail from the bottom of the climb to almost the top on the right side that we just put in earlier this year are gone and I don't mean just out we could not find the rails.

Back