Heavily MOGified

Update

Ok its not much but here is what I got,

He has been working on the Exo Cage, There is allot left to do with it, It will be removable so that the Hard Top can be used, I am interested to see how he does it, But he has a plan. The top cage work above the cab is an Idea and may not stay, He really isn't happy with how it turned out.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_001_4.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_002_4.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_003_4.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_009_2.jpg

The interior is coming together, The shifter is mounted, The steering wheel is mount and have a custom adjustable bracket to allow the wheel to fold up and out of the way, He is incorporating the buttons on the wheel to control the air springs.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_004_3.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_005_3.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_008_3.jpg

He has his hydro steering box and pump mounted and plumbed, He also got the oil warmer built and mounted (hydro line laying on it is not staying just laying there for now) Turbo is also mostly together, and I have heard it run on Diesel and cooking oil.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_006_2.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_007_2.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_010_2.jpg

Awsome! would love some info on the injectors on the motor. I was told I would have to change cam lift to get more performance out of the the injection system. Is the Bosch p-pump similar to that of an older cummins?

It's differnt pump not a P at all should be a Bosch MW Pump....injectors are not the hold back on the OM617.9XX motor. The fault is in the pump. You do have a couple different adjustments on the pump and you can removed the ADLA. If you want real power Myna Diesel in Finland will modify the M-Pump for around 1200ish euro. Contact me and I can get you more info. Then new thing in OM617 power is the modified M-Pump from Myna with the VGT controlled Turbo from a new cummins diesel. They have stand alone controllers and you can control the turbo vs air flow vs fuel. OM617 is a great motor but more power can be had from the OM603 6 Cylinder found in the 300SDL's but were known as the "Head Crackers" and the 350SDL's which were known as the "Rod Benders" Sorry for the MB speak but good luck with the 5 cylinder

Clean Build with new idea, or that I have not seen before....

lets bring this bad bitch back to the top! any progress? updates? more pics?

I havent been in touch with Justin, I assume he is still hard at it working to finish this, I see if I can get him to give us an update.
Nice fab work man, And the cantilever susension is a nice touch, and with a closed loop air system. Very nice. Keep up the killer work. look foward to seeing it soon on the trails. Happy wheeling.

not sure how much farther he got with the build. his brother stops by my shop every month or so. i will try to rem when he comes thru next

I know this is old but I was thinking the other day about this one. Did it ever get finished?

I know this is old but I was thinking the other day about this one. Did it ever get finished?

AFAIK It did not get finished. I know at some point, some family members of the owner asked me if I knew of anyone interested in buying a rig their brother/bro-in-law might be interested in selling. When I asked about what kind of rig and specs, it was this one.

I will ask his brother where or what happened to it. Like someone else mentioned, I was asked if I was interested in buying or trading on it. that was b4 I moved to the beach

Back