Here come the hurricanes!

GONOVRIT

blue collar brotherhood
Looking like the Carolinas are going to get hit pretty good with Florence. Can someone explain the early call for a state of emergency in NC, “so the farmers can start harvesting the crops early”. I can understand why the farmers would want to do this but what does the government have to do with it?

Looking like the Carolinas are going to get hit pretty good with Florence. Can someone explain the early call for a state of emergency in NC, “so the farmers can start harvesting the crops early”. I can understand why the farmers would want to do this but what does the government have to do with it?
Under a state of emergency truck drivers don't have to stop after X hours of driving, they can drive overtime. Also it relaxes the overweight rules allowing the farmers to haul more with fewer trips. After the hurricane gasoline trucks and other freight will be allowed to take advantage to get supplies to hard hit areas.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I keep thinking Hugo on this one. Time to top off some generators and do a little prep. Better prepared I guess.

I keep thinking Hugo on this one. Time to top off some generators and do a little prep. Better prepared I guess.

I keep thinking Fran. Very similar track to both storms. Generator shopping today myself, even though I probably won't be home.

Duane

The high that will be offshore will let this one sit and spin. Could be Fran/Floydish in rain. The track takes it just southwest of me so rain could be epic.

The weather channel shows its track crossing literally over my house just north of Fayetteville. Guess I'm going to gas up all the toys and get extra propane for the grill. At least the fairlane and crawlers fuel cells are easy to siphon to fuel up more sensible vehicles.

After Fran we had no power for 4 days and no water for closer to 5 days. Hopefully things won't get that bad.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I hope we don't get the Northeast side of it as a Cat 4....I kinda like my house.

Come on to my house. My yard is so dry. We need the water.

It was getting very dry around my house until last night. We got 3.5" of rain!:eek:

Hope everyone stays safe. And this knocks lots of power out . Hurricanes are good for business .

We were at the outer banks this weekend. Waves were pretty big and the surf was more powerful than I expected. Was wondering why until we heard about the storm brewing.

Just when Gas has dropped 2-3 cents. Even though Diesel keep rising. Gee, we Know we have to Switch to Winter Fuel, & save for Heating Oil. Plus it's time to do Maintenance on the Refineries! But Wait! Doesn't trump Want us to burn all the Fuel we can? Got to Lower prices for That to happen. :confused:

Here at the OBX for a weeks vacation. They will have to run me out of here.

All jokes aside, if this thing does what I think it's going to, don't be stupid.
First responders have their hands full helping locals in too poor health to leave, don't complicate their job.

This has potential to be devastating.

All jokes aside, if this thing does what I think it's going to, don't be stupid.
First responders have their hands full helping locals in too poor health to leave, don't complicate their job.

This has potential to be devastating.
I’m not concerned at the moment because from what I’ve seen they still have no idea what it’s going to do. If it’s going to be a direct hit in the area we have a plan but I’m not sitting around on vacation worrying about it. Not my first rodeo dealing with adverse conditions.

Back