Housing market trash

Such doom and gloom! Isn't that how 'they' instill fear and worry into the population to push some agenda? Ice age in 20 years! We're all gonna boil to death in 30 years! (said by 'experts' in 1980). 100 gajillion will die if we don't get a vaccine! (another expert)

Hypothetical: what if the USA removed the deadbeats, freeloaders, criminals, addicts, drains and leeches from the population? Sure the population would decrease, but would we be worse off? Think of it...more open land, less $billions going to water wars, less $billions wasted on prisons and all that, cleaner air, less traffic, slowing down the unsustainable sucking dry of natural resources. Why do we do that as fast as we can? You're talking about pending crisis and all that.....you think MORE people is the answer to any crisis around the world?

We stop sending hundreds of billions A YEAR to other nations that can't support/feed/defend themselves and we save for a rainy day? (sounds like there are already too many people...they can't even FEED themselves) Shore up reserves? Cut some taxes and let the gen pop keep it for their best use? Cut freeloader programs and get the current population to work? We need a super large (oh and don't forget DIVERSE...yea that'll save us) population to do that?

An ever increasing population for the sake of a large population is good why?

Such doom and gloom! Isn't that how 'they' instill fear and worry into the population to push some agenda? Ice age in 20 years! We're all gonna boil to death in 30 years! (said by 'experts' in 1980). 100 gajillion will die if we don't get a vaccine! (another expert)

Hypothetical: what if the USA removed the deadbeats, freeloaders, criminals, addicts, drains and leeches from the population? Sure the population would decrease, but would we be worse off? Think of it...more open land, less $billions going to water wars, less $billions wasted on prisons and all that, cleaner air, less traffic, slowing down the unsustainable sucking dry of natural resources. Why do we do that as fast as we can? You're talking about pending crisis and all that.....you think MORE people is the answer to any crisis around the world?

We stop sending hundreds of billions A YEAR to other nations that can't support/feed/defend themselves and we save for a rainy day? (sounds like there are already too many people...they can't even FEED themselves) Shore up reserves? Cut some taxes and let the gen pop keep it for their best use? Cut freeloader programs and get the current population to work? We need a super large (oh and don't forget DIVERSE...yea that'll save us) population to do that?

An ever increasing population for the sake of a large population is good why?
Man your reading comprehension is terrible.
Who here advocated for continually increasing population?

Last edited:
Saying we are facing a 'population crisis' and 'where will the workers be?' and 'we need immigrants!' and balking at the previous idea that we would be just fine with less people is advocating for more and more people.

Saying we are facing a 'population crisis' and 'where will the workers be?' and 'we need immigrants!' and balking at the previous idea that we would be just fine with less people is advocating for more and more people.
No its not.
Is something in between "more" and "less"? We even have a number for it.

Last edited:
ha...the 'same'?

you have not been stating that.

'population crisis' and 'we need more workers' and all that.

I'm just ready for the house prices to come back to reality.
Where in there did I say the solution was to increase the population?

And enjoy the wait. Prices will not come back to what you consider reality, because... housing shortage.

Last edited:
Not a shortage...theyve been building as fast as possible for 5 years. Up and out. Oh, and people rushing to one area for some misguided dreams of better living...all the while the mad rush ruins the very place that was once touted as a great place to live. So sad. There are plenty of places to live in the US.

It's because of a broken monetary policy with artificially low interest rates not bound to reality.

Humans are quite dumb and push the pendulum way too far left and right. It'll come crashing down eventually.

Not a shortage...theyve been building as fast as possible for 5 years.
Not fast enough, and it doesn't matter where there is a 10 year backlog.
EDITED - I'm sure @shawn would appreciate if you search for all the graphs he has posted

Last edited:
EDITED - I'm sure @shawn would appreciate if you search for all the graphs he has posted

That is one area I’m always curious how the shortage numbers are calculated. Where is the shortage density? If they need 100k homes in Wyoming, but 100k homes are built in Texas (pretending Texas doesn’t need the homes)…on a National level, does that net out? And what about pricing. My neighborhood had 5 open lots gobbled up over the last 2 years…$4-600k homes were built on those lots, only 2 have sold. Another home in the neighborhood was listed for $850k about a year ago and has dropped to $700k-ish. But one of the smaller homes in the neighborhood sold for $300k at about $200sq/ft relatively fast. How do available homes impact the data if the majority of area can’t afford what’s open? Those homes would probably be pretty doggon good bang for the Buck for people in Raleigh, but doubtful they want to commute an hour and half each way for work.

That is one area I’m always curious how the shortage numbers are calculated. Where is the shortage density? If they need 100k homes in Wyoming, but 100k homes are built in Texas (pretending Texas doesn’t need the homes)…on a National level, does that net out? And what about pricing. My neighborhood had 5 open lots gobbled up over the last 2 years…$4-600k homes were built on those lots, only 2 have sold. Another home in the neighborhood was listed for $850k about a year ago and has dropped to $700k-ish. But one of the smaller homes in the neighborhood sold for $300k at about $200sq/ft relatively fast. How do available homes impact the data if the majority of area can’t afford what’s open?
One big problem is the alignment between jobs and locations. Increasingly less work and economy in rural areas and small towns

One big problem is the alignment between jobs and locations. Increasingly less work and economy in rural areas and small towns

Right, but WFH was considered to be a contributor to breaking the chains of proximity to the job. So I could certainly see homes being built in more remote/rural/relaxing areas, people moving out of cities and once WFH options decline, vacancies. Anecdotally, my area did see several folks in surrounding neighborhoods that liked how quaint Salisbury is, and since they weren't tied to a Charlotte office for 2-3 years, they moved. With WFH drying up, those same folks are becoming disgruntled with commutes. Maybe this is a small percentage, maybe not. Or like my buddy in Emerald Island, it's 95% developed, the other 5% isn't selling...he wants to live there, but the area literally can't be built up any more. So does the building spill over to more rural areas, that people don't want to be in? Does that mean there's a shortage of homes in Emerald Isle?

Or the anecdote of folks leaving California for Texas...technically they're leaving a home and potentially going to place without homes. Does that mean there's no net change, even though they technically don't have a place to live in Texas?

Its all a ruse to push the 'affordable housing' agenda to redistribute wealth. There always has to be a victim. There are plenty of places to live.....I don't see thousands of middle management homeless people. Or just quit moving to over-populated areas and ruining them.

I would like to live in a different house or neighborhood, but I need to make more money or be content where I am. Its not rocket surgery.

Its all a ruse to push the 'affordable housing' agenda to redistribute wealth. There always has to be a victim. There are plenty of places to live.....I don't see thousands of middle management homeless people. Or just quit moving to over-populated areas and ruining them.

I would like to live in a different house or neighborhood, but I need to make more money or be content where I am. Its not rocket surgery.
Man you are the most miserable ego-centric person I have ever encountered on the internet.
You feel entitled to live where you have always lived and for it not to change because its what you want everyone else on the planet be damned.

Corporations are moving south. Jobs are moving south. People are following the jobs. If you want lower density then YOU move to where they came from. But you'd rather whine and sounds like a petulant child about how everyone else in the world is ruining your world. Its the same thing with your immigration stance. You feel entitled to US life because your mom spread her legs here. Somehow that moment of fate deems you eternally worthy of prosperity through no accomplishment of your own, while others born elsewhere dont deserve the "fine" things you have.

Its a truly remarkable level delusion you have achieved coupled with zero self awareness. Fascinating really.

Man you are the most miserable ego-centric person I have ever encountered on the internet.
You feel entitled to live where you have always lived and for it not to change because its what you want everyone else on the planet be damned.

Corporations are moving south. Jobs are moving south. People are following the jobs. If you want lower density then YOU move to where they came from. But you'd rather whine and sounds like a petulant child about how everyone else in the world is ruining your world. Its the same thing with your immigration stance. You feel entitled to US life because your mom spread her legs here. Somehow that moment of fate deems you eternally worthy of prosperity through no accomplishment of your own, while others born elsewhere dont deserve the "fine" things you have.

Its a truly remarkable level delusion you have achieved coupled with zero self awareness. Fascinating really.
And why are corporations moving south? Best I can tell is because the political establishment is giving them gobs of cash and economic incentives to move here. Money that we that already live here pay. We don't have a shortage of jobs, why are cities and the states still tripping over each other to drive growth? I truly don't understand it. My family owns a well established business in our county, I'll wait while you figure up what kind of "economic incentive packages" we've ever been offered... All I can figure is that there must be a national municipality dick measuring contest where they brag to one another about which huge corporation they lured into their district with other folks money. I have trouble competing for labor when Amazon gets moved in and pays people on a Seattle Washington pay scale.

All I can figure is that there must be a national municipality dick measuring contest where they brag to one another about which huge corporation they lured into their district with other folks money.

Ha...around here, we call that contest the Economic Development Committee. Chewy was a big win for them a couple years ago, and they just landed a massive Macy's deal. Chewy reset the market for 'laborer wages' around here, and frankly I think the area is worse for it. It is a topic I'm torn on, I do feel a stagnant area/economy dies. On the other hand, I only want enough innovation for the area to stay relevant, but not enough to make my favorite places busy. But that's also the same reason I hate tax refund season.

I don't feel entitled to anything. Is it a blessing to live in the US? Absolutely. There are other countries that have a nice standard of living too. I wouldn't move to those areas and expect the natives to change for me, or expect that anyone pay higher taxes to accommodate me. I keep to myself and tread lightly and keep a low profile. I live where I can afford and I go to work every day to afford it. I don't complain that things aren't 'affordable'. I adjust. Where have I ever said I 'deserve' anything? Are you are OK with a new neighbor moving in beside you and engaging in activities that lower your property value and are bothersome in a variety of ways? Your answer is to just move? Why do I have to change my ways due to nothing I've done? What is wrong with wanting a nice, clean, quiet, crime free neighborhood? You know, how it was 10 years ago? This is what I vote for. I hope others do the same. Or should I just sit back and take it so no one accuses me of 'thinking I'm better'?
I don't deserve the 'fine' things I have...not as a handout anyway.

Understanding that the constant 'affordable housing' ruse is ripe with corruption and money laundering activities is not a new thing or 'ego centric'. wut? If its really a problem, then all of these incentives for businesses should have included money for housing. Not enact new taxes on the native population 10 years too late. Is seeing the completely horrible planning job that the morons in gov't did not having enough self awareness?

Its not unreasonable to not want the area you live in to be ruined by unchecked growth, increasing crime, a broken tax system, and corrupt policies. Here, there, or anywhere. That's not delusional. I vote for my area, just as you vote for yours. Or is that too 'self centered'?

I've never seen someone assume so hard in my life.

Ha...around here, we call that contest the Economic Development Committee. Chewy was a big win for them a couple years ago, and they just landed a massive Macy's deal. Chewy reset the market for 'laborer wages' around here, and frankly I think the area is worse for it. It is a topic I'm torn on, I do feel a stagnant area/economy dies. On the other hand, I only want enough innovation for the area to stay relevant, but not enough to make my favorite places busy. But that's also the same reason I hate tax refund season.
Stagnant definitely dies. But I'm a true capitalist. Growth should be market driven, not coerced or funded by the government.

My 1500sqft starter home was 98k 10 years ago. If the market holds my realtor expects us to sell at a similar price point as UTfball's sister's house.

Duane

Well, the market seems to have held. Listed our house Wednesday, had half a dozen showings and a full price offer by this morning, almost three times what we paid for it.

Duane

Well, the market seems to have held. Listed our house Wednesday, had half a dozen showings and a full price offer by this morning, almost three times what we paid for it.

Duane
You also had straight up premo location in your favor. You could get 250 for a single wide on that road 😂

You also had straight up premo location in your favor. You could get 250 for a single wide on that road 😂

Hey I didn't make the rules lol. And it's not too premium, at least one person that looked at it said "WTF is with all this traffic???" :laughing:

Duane

So, you think there is a population decrease coming down the line and a housing shortage…. While homes are being built at alarming rates….

Also, localized housing shortage because everyone is trying to move to certain areas. Meanwhile, in Detroit...
1680013181619.png

Back