How many projects do you have in the queue?

Finish basement - It appears my Mother-In-Law will soon be our basement troll. :)
Daily Driver - '97 Cherokee that toasted it's alternator getting to work yesterday.
Toy - '01 Wrangler that needs new catalytic convertors installed.
Upkeep on house - Kids and dogs are hell on a home.

Trail rig is the only thing that has never ending "to-dos" but since they are mostly wants and not needs, I rarely get them done with any sort of timeliness. (Hydro assist, reduce body lift, dual case or trans/case swap, etc)
Wife's 2007 burb needs some maintenance (air ride isn't working, 02 sensor light is on, probably needs a motor mount, the list goes on)
House stuff we usually knock out a trim project every couple of weeks. About to embark on some bigger built-ins.
Eventually I would like to extend the driveway to run beside the house all the way to the back, add a side door to the garage leading to said driveway, and move my fence up just past that door. That way I can keep the trail rig out of the main driveway and get to/from the garage easily when I need to tinker. This is one of those wait until bonus season projects that may finally happen next spring.

Kiddos keep things fun - whenever we spend a weekend on a project, all the business as usual stuff falls behind, and they find a way to color on every wall and break things, so it's always a large opportunity cost getting anything done.

Depends on who you're asking, me or the wife. Me, I have a '56 Willys truck that I rarely get time to mess with but make occasional progress. My Jeepster is always in need of something which usually happens a few days before a run. Otherwise I own a landscape company with lots of equipment so I have SOMETHING to do all the freaking time!
Now the wife...:shaking: Constantly wants a lot of things around the house completed yesterday and the priority changes daily so they don't see much progress either, I think it's that "multitasking" she's always talking about! :D

Get my new DD 97 xj up and running, 3" lift on, 33s mounted, pass inspection and get tags lol.
Build a 18x24x9 garage then close it in.
Get ready for 2 jeeps getting towed in next week, maybe a 3rd project Jeep...
Build covered screened in porch over back deck.
03 Expedition DD needs timing chains lol.
Replace back door in house.
Wire up all my 220 tools.
Cut down several huge trees around the house.
And normal house kids wife stuff.
Oh and deal with my oldest daughter's issues lately....like mad crazy issues lol.
The only order to my stuff is when I get too flustered with all the other crap that's when I get to work on my Jeep :D.

And to make it worse soon it's getting dark at 5ish :(

Rubbish. This is the beautiful season where getting off work at dark and working by a fire til midnight is king.
Yeah I do love the fall weather and a good winter storm. This heat down here sucks lol

As is always my problem: More projects than money. Even though that is only two "projects", they both compete for what little extra cash I have. And I can't seem to finish either.

I have a 1972 Super Beetle rat rod that's been in the works for a couple years and I did some horse-trading a while back to get a 1993 Ford Ranger 4WD that's been beat to hell. My goal is to just get it road worthy enough to drive it back and forth to Lowes every so often and occasionally use it when the weather turns bad.

For the first time in many years I've only got one project in the works, my Samurai buggy. Been selling off all the other projects and random parts to fund the build. Must say that focusing my time and money on only one project has actually been a wise decision and I may actually finish it in a reasonable amount of time.

After the buggy is done I'm sure I'll acquire something else.

I've got a long expensive list myself.

Shop needs insulation and to finish running all my electrical, need to get a lift, and need to get a big air compressor. Need to gravel my lot and add a lean to at some point as well.

S10, need to finally finish the LS1 & T56 swap

YJ, need to install 5.3, TH400, transfer case, and 14 bolt sf.

Old lady's tahoe, need to pull oil burning 5.3 and replace with LQ4, also need to go through LQ4 before installing

72 C10 long bed, need to fix floors and gather parts for eventual duramax build on newer suburban 2500 4wd chassis

Pontoon boat needs new seats and the carbs rebuilt

And also about 9 flip vehicles in various states of repair between there.

Well, I am thinking I am going to try and kill three projects with one stone. Kind of.

I am probably going to buy another G8 that already has all the work done to it that I was going to do to mine. Then sell my G8, the other G8 parts car, and the 2012 Camaro complete.

to long to list :(
I second that statement! The only way I will get ahead is to just sat f%#k it and just sell everything at bargain basement prices and move on. That includes my house and all attached. As old age creeps in, it may not be long before that happens! I wouldn't know how to act if I came home and figured I would just wash the jeep because I didn't have anything else to do.

Added to que
IMG_20181024_221803135.jpg

Back