Hurricane Helene

Cleeter posted a small video of his efforts... Still just can't believe it. If anyone needs help or know a contact to get in touch with to help get things in/out of remote areas please reach out i can come up with 4runner. Uncle Sam is giving me a 96 hour pass to help out this weekend

I have been gonna say it but just haven’t as I’m a ways but I have about 1.5 acres of unobstructed front yard. If anyone needs to come set up a camper once it’s able to be moved (or possible) or a tent or whatever)) you’re more than welcome to stay here in Aberdeen. I can fill water tanks off the well but power would be on you except small stuff I could run cord out to. I do have a 9k genny for what that could do. Flat, clean, dry land to park on. I know it’s a stretch but it’s here to live on a while with close access to town for supplies.

Last edited:
Dropped supplies off from work at the Lincolnton airport today, pretty crazy operation they are running out of there. They were looking for people with 4wd to take water up to Hendersonville, I unfortunately didn't have the Tacoma today or I would have headed up there.
1000002959.jpg

1000002958.jpg

1000002957.jpg

I have been gonna say it but just haven’t as I’m a ways but I have about 1.5 acres of unobstructed front yard. If anyone needs to come set up a camper once it’s able to be moved (or possible) or a tent or whatever)) you’re more than welcome to stay here in Aberdeen. I can fill water tanks off the well but power would be on you except small stuff I could run cord out to. I do have a 9k genny for what that could do. Flat, clean, dry land to park on. I know it’s a stretch but it’s here to live on a while with close access to town for supplies.
You know, this makes me think......

I've never used it, but I have a dedicated camper plug in my shop from the previous owner. The offer stands for someone to drag one here too.

Post by our county emergency management office. Gonna have to finish welding up the killdozer just to help with supplies. It's not about SAFETY, it's about CONTROL.

View attachment 425451

I tend to agree with you, but... They're probably also worried about folks trying to go all cowboy and get themselves in a situation where they need rescue and further strain the system.

You're both correct. I do agree that anyone operating in an IDLH environment should be coordinating with a central command structure. I also agree that you shouldnt need permission to run supplies up to hickory, Sparta, or any point that is deemed safe for thw general public.

Imo, the helicopter guy situation had good intentions but the fd handled it wrong. The guy had good intentions and was willing to help at his own expense, but he absolutely should be coordinating with the USAR command to 1) be most effective and 2) remain safe and 3) not be in the way of other rescue efforts.

Day 5 in Boone, family safe no real damage at the house, Highest I've ever seen the river! Everyday we're trying to pick up the pieces, I was very lucky, helping others everywhere where I can, helping my church tomorrow at Grace wood lot, all the equipment was under water. Try to recover what equipment we can to help others this winter with firewood.

Saw this on fb. Might be of use to somebody.

IMG_5370.jpeg

Got a call this morning to see if I had any reefer trailers for sale. The state is needing them for morgues 😔
Yep. They have one in old fort already. They were running bodies all day in swannanoa while I was there. Bodies still being found. Some in trees a lot in the river still and more coming down. Apparently the Koa was real bad.

Saw this on Facebook. I'd believe it.

Okay, as much as I appreciate all of the help and coverage for the Appalachias, I can’t stay quiet on this for any longer. I know this is going to bring smoke but I don’t really care.
SEND THE HELP TO THE SMALL TOWNS.
ASHEVILLE, BOONE, BANNER ELK, LINVILLE, JOHNSON CITY AND ELIZABETHTON HAVE BEEN RECEIVING 80% OF THE ASSISTANCE AND NEWS COVERAGE!
WE NEED PEOPLE ON THE GROUND IN
NEWLAND (nc)
CRANBERRY (nc)
SPEAR (nc)
FRANK (nc)
ELK RIVER (nc)
ELK PARK (nc)
ROAN MOUNTAIN (tn)
BUCK MOUNTAIN (nc/tn)
SHELL CREEK (tn)
DARK HOLLER (tn)
BLEVINS CREEK (nc)
ROARING CREEK (nc)
BULADEAN (nc)
WHITAKER BRANCH (nc)
THE COVE (tn)
JONAS RIDGE (nc)
BURNSVILLE (nc)
SPRUCE PINE (nc)
CRABTREE (tn)
MOUNTAIN CITY (nc/tn)
HAMPTON (tn)
VALLEY FORGE (tn)
BLACK MOUNTAIN (nc)
3 MILE (nc)
LINVILLE (nc)
CROSSNORE (nc)
OLD FORT (nc
ALTAMONT (nc)
DEMASCUS (va)
UNICOI (tn)
ERWIN (tn)
I CAN LITERALLY NAME PLACES FOR THE NEXT 45 DAYS AND STILL NOT COVER THEM ALL
AND SO MANY MORE!!!!
PLEASE. To all my friends who want to help, the best use of your funds and attention is going to be the places that have been brushed over in the past few days. Watching all of the news outlets and the places who are receiving government help and aid are NOT the places that have the MOST DESTRUCTION. If you want to know what places you can help the most PLEASE REACH OUT. The people who need the help are the people living paycheck to paycheck, NOT the vacation homers and tourists who make a novelty out of my home.
Do what needs to be done for the people who need it. End of rant.
I saw this too and then lost it. I want these areas helped.

Power is back on for alot of old fort and black mountain now. But they are being told to boil water obviously. So water is still a big need. Also was told children’s medicine, dog and cat food, baby wipes, hand sanitizer. I plan to go back up Saturday if anyone wants to pitch in
Reach out to TSC or Walmart. They often have open bags they can’t sell and get rid of them. Not sure on current policy but we used to get a 18’ trailer stacked with pallets when I lived in Louisiana for the shelter we helped out. Just a thought.

Saw this on Facebook. I'd believe it.

Okay, as much as I appreciate all of the help and coverage for the Appalachias, I can’t stay quiet on this for any longer. I know this is going to bring smoke but I don’t really care.
SEND THE HELP TO THE SMALL TOWNS.
ASHEVILLE, BOONE, BANNER ELK, LINVILLE, JOHNSON CITY AND ELIZABETHTON HAVE BEEN RECEIVING 80% OF THE ASSISTANCE AND NEWS COVERAGE!
WE NEED PEOPLE ON THE GROUND IN
NEWLAND (nc)
CRANBERRY (nc)
SPEAR (nc)
FRANK (nc)
ELK RIVER (nc)
ELK PARK (nc)
ROAN MOUNTAIN (tn)
BUCK MOUNTAIN (nc/tn)
SHELL CREEK (tn)
DARK HOLLER (tn)
BLEVINS CREEK (nc)
ROARING CREEK (nc)
BULADEAN (nc)
WHITAKER BRANCH (nc)
THE COVE (tn)
JONAS RIDGE (nc)
BURNSVILLE (nc)
SPRUCE PINE (nc)
CRABTREE (tn)
MOUNTAIN CITY (nc/tn)
HAMPTON (tn)
VALLEY FORGE (tn)
BLACK MOUNTAIN (nc)
3 MILE (nc)
LINVILLE (nc)
CROSSNORE (nc)
OLD FORT (nc
ALTAMONT (nc)
DEMASCUS (va)
UNICOI (tn)
ERWIN (tn)
I CAN LITERALLY NAME PLACES FOR THE NEXT 45 DAYS AND STILL NOT COVER THEM ALL
AND SO MANY MORE!!!!
PLEASE. To all my friends who want to help, the best use of your funds and attention is going to be the places that have been brushed over in the past few days. Watching all of the news outlets and the places who are receiving government help and aid are NOT the places that have the MOST DESTRUCTION. If you want to know what places you can help the most PLEASE REACH OUT. The people who need the help are the people living paycheck to paycheck, NOT the vacation homers and tourists who make a novelty out of my home.
Do what needs to be done for the people who need it. End of rant.
Not disputing what he said but Elizabethton and Hampton are so close its had to believe Hampton is getting less aid.Johnson city is in Washington county and yes WC does have Damage but we havent heard a peep about JC.

My sister lives in West Jefferson and is okay, she's up the hill so no flooding but has no power. She got a motel room for now and can come here to stay but she chooses to stay. She volunteers at a local help center so she's right in the middle of it all and distributing stuff to people desperately in need. This is them Ashe Baptist Association but it's the first time today I have sat down so I don't know a thing other than this link. I'm gonna send them some bucks. Sis said that they need volunteers to help sort everything and that's their biggest issue. They have people on ATVs and Jeeps to get deliveries done. I have a couple propane tanks I can send but I am slammed at work with storm cleanup myself and haven't been able to get them anywhere. I've just been sending out a few donations here and there. I hate being so busy with work because I would rather be able to go help in some way

Rockingham County Emergency Services and the Fire Marshall's office is collecting supplies to be brought up this weekend. The drop point is at the maintenance warehouse on Cherokee Camp Rd in Wentworth. Being manned 7a-7p daily. They can also be dropped off at ant Rockingham County Fire Station.

Purina in Eden has donated 60 pallets of dog food. That should be in the load going up with the donated relief supplies.

Back