Hurricane Helene

Even ole Cleetus McFarland is heading to help with his Heli. He really wants to use that grappling on his new MD500 ha.

1727549896334.png

I texted @frankenyoter. I know service is spotty if any. But something as little as me getting my generator or a few of my friends pitch in. To loan out and some full gas jugs. Fills. Bed up and let someone use them for the time being. And would also try to carry a load of food to help out. I’d be willing to make the drive in as far as I could.

If anyone gets a sit rep on shady valley please let me know, have good friends that I can’t get into contact with.

One of my friends and her mom are stranded at a hotel in Asheville right now. Another one of those wrong place, wrong time situations. Her mom flew down from NJ for this trip they’ve been planning for about a year.

Another friend’s parents live in Banner Elk and are also cut off.

Definitely a much scarier situation for everyone than I expected. I’d help too, but not sure how we’d get aid to the ones who need it without more resources than I have at my disposal.

Edited to add: Anyone have National Guard connections? I wonder if they are mobilizing (or some similar organization) to drop some supplies in Banner Elk via air.

Last edited:
One of my friends and her mom are stranded at a hotel in Asheville right now. Another one of those wrong place, wrong time situations. Her mom flew down from NJ for this trip they’ve been planning for about a year.

Another friend’s parents live in Banner Elk and are also cut off.

Definitely a much scarier situation for everyone than I expected. I’d help too, but not sure how we’d get aid to the ones who need it without more resources than I have at my disposal.
I’m thinking once I can get someone from the inside to help me get in somehow. I will take as many supplies as I can to disperse. But I know there is no point in going in blind. Will possibly even contact local grocery stores for water as well to take in.

If anyone knows of any local organizations that are taking donations for the affected areas LMK. I have friends from other states looking to help

Back