ICE!!!!!!!!!!

ICE

I sat at I-85/ I-485 junction for 20 minutes earlier this morning.

Gaston County Schools are cancelled today. I did not hit any Ice but I heard of a lot of wrecks on my way to work. My truck was frozen solid.

durham is not sopose to be that bad... I would drive the jeep but it is raining too (I have the three peice top and waters flows in from the top of the windjammer)

Leslie said:
[size=+1]I can't believe they have school buses running down in the Charlotte area![/size]

I agree . should have delayed for 2hrs let all the commuters get were there going and get the kids there later and safer, but then again were talking about CMS

covered in Ice, now I'm wandering if its going to start melting or is my power about to

Pretty damn nasty in parts of Winston Salem

Nothing the 2wd long bed silverado with studded now tires can't handle :driver: :D

North of Burlington there was ice on the roads. Our road (secondary small road) was real slick, slid around a little. Once we hit the major roads you could see ice/slush where tires had not been, but had no problem. Saw two different cars spun out on bridges on I-40 - one at Mebane and another near Hillsboro. We had no problem though.

Coming down from Franklin Co this am it was fine except for a light cover on the little bridge on Wall St in Wake Forest. I did see a pile of Exploders the went off the north side of the US1 bridge over 540 tho'. Kinda funny, the whole pack was everywhere. One musta flopped a few times looking at the squashed roofline. Freaking morons need to remember AWD does not equal invincible. :rolleyes:

There musta been a pile of 'em at 540 and 70 too, traffic was stopped at the Leesville Rd overpass at 7:15am.

ICE

Wife called about 3 hrs ago, power is off at home. Still off at this time.

Caldwell and Catawba where both out of school today. I cant see that the roads are horrendous from here though, my neighborhood looks good from my house, but generally farther up where the big hills are, it gets BAD

Lost power here at the plant in mount holly for about 1 hour. Power at home is still off and its been 3-1/2 hours. It is ranning hard here now so some of the ice is melting but not quickly. If it does not warm up it will be frozen again tonight.

Took a pic!

We have so much here, it looks like snow! The power has been flickering but, no outage yet, thank goodness! It's melting some but, it isn't suppose to get much above freezing so it will re-freeze again tonight!

Ya'll stay safe and warm!

No ice on the back streets I've been on, or on 85 back to 70, but saw film of cars sliding on the 15-501 exit off 85 before sunrise. Just wet, and lots of it right now (11:30 am).

anyone know how the roads are in Catawba? I want to get out of the house but unfortunatly are not blessed with the wonders of 4wd (dont think it helps much on ice anyways...) What about up towards caldwell?

Macdaddy4738 said:
anyone know how the roads are in Catawba? I want to get out of the house but unfortunatly are not blessed with the wonders of 4wd (dont think it helps much on ice anyways...) What about up towards caldwell?

Grace Chapel is not too bad and 321 is moving steady until you get up closer to Lenoir. If you're heading out, now is the time, before rush hour at 5.

Ratman said:
Coming down from Franklin Co this am it was fine except for a light cover on the little bridge on Wall St in Wake Forest. I did see a pile of Exploders the went off the north side of the US1 bridge over 540 tho'. Kinda funny, the whole pack was everywhere. One musta flopped a few times looking at the squashed roofline. Freaking morons need to remember AWD does not equal invincible. :rolleyes:

There musta been a pile of 'em at 540 and 70 too, traffic was stopped at the Leesville Rd overpass at 7:15am.

AWD my a$$. Those things aren't but 2wd here! Damn people shoulda bought a station wagon. SUV=Stupid Usless Vehicle (when 2wd) They're all posers. (I wanna look rough and tough, but I'm really not.)

Well, just got "the call" from wife. Power's out at home, in Lewisville.
And so it begins...

rattlecanpaint said:
AWD my a$$. Those things aren't but 2wd here! Damn people shoulda bought a station wagon. SUV=Stupid Usless Vehicle (when 2wd) They're all posers. (I wanna look rough and tough, but I'm really not.)

Hey, I just bought a awd station wagon!(subie) :flipoff2: I also traded in a bigger awd station wagon. (ZJ) :flipoff2:

What to know the funny part. All of them were african american and or mexican. Not a set of stock wheels in the pile. :lol: The mexicans have moved their target zone from Capital @ Homestead outwards to cover the 540 bridge and Durant for the daily smash up derby. :lol: I swear you'd think that trailer park would run out of mexicans sooner or later.

Back