Is it necessary?

So how old are you barely over 23 years old I bet? I suggest you pull back on the snotty replies and go somewhere and get your diaper changed , it is a federally funded Forest which federally funded trails if yes I agree probably a Cherokee or something like that we're probably better to go bashing in the woods and who the hell you to criticize someone in a new truck wanted to go off roading? You want extreme Hills and burms ,go to or private Park yes enough income around now if there's one thing I hate is snotty ass young people think that because they live home with their mom and dad have no other real expensive and they're only life's ambition is to drive at Uwharrie they need to STFU and I believe the play should be more geared towards the average off-roader not someone in a $50,000 super off road buggies or maybe they should have two sets of off-road trails a set of trails for the oh my God I'm going to die trails and another set of trails for the average Joe who drives a daily driver he just wants to have a little fun in a federally funded Park
Just saying I've never seen someone with a 50,000 dollar buggie down there that is all carry on

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well I also agree that the trails shouldn't be just little potholes with no challenge it all and I will so agree you should have a separate vehicle to go in there with so you don't have to worry about driving into work on Monday this tons of stuff on the market you can go a pick up for a few Grand and just go bash the shit out of it there

I was at URE a few years back, and did just fine in a stock Ram 1500. Before that, it was a stock Wrangler and stock SUV. However, today I went for the first time in a few years. And I beat the hell out of the bottom of my stock '07 F150 on the rain berms. Is it necessary to have them so high? Seems like they've been built up much higher since I was last down there. Have they built them higher? If so-when did they do this? And WHY did they do it? And are there any plans to cut them back down some?
I complete the understand where you're coming from my think the vast majority of the wheelers wanted some more challenging trails either than just a few bumps in a few potholes I agree with that I have a new truck and have to make modifications to it so I can use there hey I agree it gets very expensive when you have family to dump lots of money into a FWD but I think if you just do a little bit of a lift and maybe a little bit bigger Tire you might not even noticed those anymore I'm going to make sure that my truck works for the trails and not the other way around I know it's going to take a long time for me to do it I don't think it's fair for the guys I go there all the time to have to be puddle jumpers and have to accommodate the occasional four-wheel-drive guy like myself so I'm going to tell her my truck to fit the trail and not fit the trail in my truck but I totally understand where you're coming from

Keeps the posers out!!

Because Hardcore!!!

Nothing useful to add.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
I was at URE a few years back, and did just fine in a stock Ram 1500. Before that, it was a stock Wrangler and stock SUV. However, today I went for the first time in a few years. And I beat the hell out of the bottom of my stock '07 F150 on the rain berms. Is it necessary to have them so high? Seems like they've been built up much higher since I was last down there. Have they built them higher? If so-when did they do this? And WHY did they do it? And are there any plans to cut them back down some?
I think the back of forth is going to get real ugly on this thread set back and get us big bowl of popcorn and enjoy the show lol

Maybe ya'll should wheel at the mall parking lot.. speed bump drama.

Hey sometimes it's fun doing the speed bumps at 50 miles per hour when there's a bunch of them in a row

I just hope it doesn't get too ugly or gets personal nasty words getting thrown back and forth, it most certainly won't answer the question , I hope some of the Veterans at least give some constructive criticism and not start bashing each other never liked the see that happen I hope it stays civil but interesting

1-ton,

I'm 35 yrs old.
I got news for ya buttercup Ive got ya bye 10 years.

1-ton,

I'm figuring you are so young your breath probly still smells like titty milk.
Well its Mexican right now,but earlier it was just plain ol titty,Im lactose intolerant.

1-ton,

Especially with a screwed attitude like yours. Who are you to tell people what their sport is? Wheeling isn't great because of people like you. It's great IN SPITE of people like you.
I'm the guy stuck behind on the trail cause your under equipped and unprepared and the guy who has to hold your hand cause your in over your head.
1-ton,
I was just asking why the change.
Ever think stopping at the ranger station on the way out would have been a better place to ask??
1-ton,
Cuz so far, y'all appear to think you are some kind of elite. Having a higher clearance doesn't mean everyone sitting lower than you should get out of the hobby. You will learn that with age and experience, young child.
Not elite at all just tired of people wanting everything changed to cater them,thats the problem w you "young uns".My first trip to Tellico I was in a fullsize w a carb'd motor,the trip was a disaster.I didn't bitch and whine about the drop off's and hills I came back the next time w fuel injection.

RatLab's approach was to question my judgement with my own stuff. And 1-ton's approach was to proceed explaining to me why a hobby I've been into for 25 years just ain't for me.
You say your truck is your DD and is apparently important to you,so yeah I have to question why you would take a chance of tearing it up.People come on here all the time and want to be part of the "hobby" then procede to bitch about the price or parts or the rough trails,guess what,thats part of the hobby.

And then Jeff B's approach was to explain how I'M the asshole for not appreciating it.
That's just part of his charm.

It's extremely condescending to tell someone wheeling ain't for them simply because they ask about berm build up on the trails. Or just because my truck ain't as high as y'all
I replied the way I did because you listed all the reasons why you couldn't run the rough(er) trails.Seems kinda hypocritical to me when you say we're condescending when you automatically assumed I was some kid.
To hell with this place. Y'all take care and ride safe.
Enjoy the walk back to your safe zone,just leave the ball.[/QUOTE]

Parked at 553 yesterday. after I busted my ass on the gas gas I took a break. I swear there are people that wheel the access roads back and forth.

All right let's all get to Uwharrie let's find some totally stock trucks and whoever finishes through all the trails the fastest with the most damage wins lol ! Well have our own version of cheap truck challenge at URE ! Shit I think that'll be a lot of fun they should have an event like that can spend more than $2,000 and there should be nothing left of the truck by the end of the day ! Lol

So how old are you barely over 23 years old I bet? I suggest you pull back on the snotty replies and go somewhere and get your diaper changed , it is a federally funded Forest which federally funded trails if yes I agree probably an xj or a reg jerpor something like that we're probably better to go bashing in the woods and who the hell you to criticize someone in a new truck wanted to go off roading? You want extreme Hills and burms ,go to or private Park yes enough income around now if there's one thing I hate is snotty ass young people think that because they live home with their mom and dad have no other real expensive and they're only life's ambition is to drive at Uwharrie they need to STFU and I believe the play should be more geared towards the average off-roader not someone in a $50,000 super off road buggies or maybe they should have two sets of off-road trails a set of trails for the oh my God I'm going to die trails and another set of trails for the average Joe who drives a daily driver he just wants to have a little fun in a federally funded Park

I feel better I had to get my two cents in lol ! I like seeing these threads where it all out war takes place
Your wrong,almost twice that.Im not gonna criticize you for taking a new truck in the woods but I'm gonna be the one who laughs and calls u a dumbass when you tear it all to hell.Win lose or draw I've paid my own,I left home in my early 20's and haven't got a single dime from my parents since I was in my late teen. Hell my newest vehicle is 11 years old.

Your wrong,almost twice that.Im not gonna criticize you for taking a new truck in the woods but I'm gonna be the one who laughs and calls u a dumbass when you tear it all to hell.Win lose or draw I've paid my own,I left home in my early 20's and haven't got a single dime from my parents since I was in my late teen. Hell my newest vehicle is 11 years old.
Power wagons have been around since World War II never assume it's a new one

Power wagons have been around since World War II never assume it's a new one
Yeah but yours is and thats the one I was referring to.

can't ya'll just get along? Sumbitch has left da room with his feelings hurt with the truth. Let's find a better subject for discussion.

Back