Kairos or GER

Clubbs

Went to Kairos once last year in the jeep. Had a great trip and was thinking about going back. Read about the GER on here too though. Any group trips coming up to either. Is the GER that much better than everywhere else? Usually go with the kids so like to have some milder trails too. Is the GER all extreme stuff or is it a good mix?

Went to Kairos once last year in the jeep. Had a great trip and was thinking about going back. Read about the GER on here too though. Any group trips coming up to either. Is the GER that much better than everywhere else? Usually go with the kids so like to have some milder trails too. Is the GER all extreme stuff or is it a good mix?
If you liked Kairos you will like GER. If like me you were disappointed with Kairos, then GER is much better.

My votes GER especially if you never been. They have everything from easy to extreme so you can pick your poison. I have been to both and like GER a lot better but we like the harder trails which they have a ton of. We have a good size group going next weekend. Send me a pm if you decide to ride up.

Good Evening Ranch

GER offers lots for a family. Playground, fishing pond, goats and horses, pool and plenty of room to ride a bike. Lots of mild trails and wild trails. The restaurant/bar is now open too.

Lots of my folks are heading there this very morning. I couldn’t make it, my Jeep is being remodeled at RLF.

GER FTMFW

I wouldn't take a full size rig..or a classic that I'd be afraid to get body damage....but if you like the challenges of Harlan, you will LOVE GER

A little taste

My votes GER especially if you never been. They have everything from easy to extreme so you can pick your poison. I have been to both and like GER a lot better but we like the harder trails which they have a ton of. We have a good size group going next weekend. Send me a pm if you decide to ride up.

I might be game to drive 6+h and come ride with yall.
Who's coming ?

I need to get in on the info on when a trip is planned. GER is on my short list but short notice is out.....

The ranch is a 7 hour haul for me, which is most of the reason why I've never been. Looking at a trip June 11th somewhere, may as well be to the ranch with all these recommendations. Do y'all tent camp or rent cabins there? Anyone have a trail map or is it show up, unload the rig and head off into the woods sort of a place? Just trying to have some type of plan so I can make the most of two days of wheeling.

The ranch is a 7 hour haul for me, which is most of the reason why I've never been. Looking at a trip June 11th somewhere, may as well be to the ranch with all these recommendations. Do y'all tent camp or rent cabins there? Anyone have a trail map or is it show up, unload the rig and head off into the woods sort of a place? Just trying to have some type of plan so I can make the most of two days of wheeling.
We always stay in the campground. They have several sites with water and electric hook ups. Only thing I don’t like is the bathhouse is a little ways away from camp ground. (About the same as Karios). I’ve never stayed in the cabins but there is several on the property to choose from. They have maps on site. Nice thing the cabins/campground are all on top the mountain. You can head off in the woods in any direction but if you get turned around or lost just go up and you will end up back at the cabins/campground.

I'm looking something to do that weekend, let me know where you go.

Duane

CNC-4x4 has a trip to GER next weekend, 20-23rd on the calendar. Post up in the club's forum section here on NC4x4 or CNC4x4 if you want to tag along. Somebody should post up an actual event on the NC4X4 calendar at some point...

@CasterTroy great vid! The black Wrangler - what brand fenders? Getting some rot I need to deal with... ;-)

CNC-4x4 has a trip to GER next weekend, 20-23rd on the calendar. Post up in the club's forum section here on NC4x4 or CNC4x4 if you want to tag along. Somebody should post up an actual event on the NC4X4 calendar at some point...

@CasterTroy great vid! The black Wrangler - what brand fenders? Getting some rot I need to deal with... ;-)

I was wondering what club was going to be there. When I made reservations she asked if I was with the club.

I'm looking something to do that weekend, let me know where you go.

Duane
Probably going to be the ranch. Usually it's just me, my son (14 years old) and my wheeling buddy BJ and his sons. Be great to have you come along too. I'll let ya know once we finalize plans.

Mine?

IMG_20210514_095243725_HDR.jpg

Front fenders are the Metalcloak Overline. But only douches have metalcloak :popcorn:

Also more on the ranch and what's there in this post

Planning a trip for June 17-20. Can't seem to reach anyone at the GER to make camp site reservations... Guess I'll keep trying.

Some more GER goodness to persuade you to call Amy and book a cabin or camping spot

Man I'm in. Amy won't answer the phone. Called four times, left a message, and sent an email... Crickets.

Is Kairos or GER a place that a short arm locked TJ on 33s could have a good time or are they more suited for more dedicated rigs?

Is Kairos or GER a place that a short arm locked TJ on 33s could have a good time or are they more suited for more dedicated rigs?
Kairos is for sure. I think GER is too. I did Kairos in the cj last year on 33's and had a blast. Then I went monster garage on it over the winter. But my wheeling buddy has a 4runner on 35's and goes everywhere I go... He's got skills. Be glad to have you join along with us in June.

Back