Lawn and Landscape

Mulched up the leaves again today. Not too many left to go, so maybe the next several rain days will get most of them down. I love my Sycamore, but it sure has Big leaves! I try to get them before they get too deep!

Attachments

• IMG_20201109_153511902_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201109_153511902_HDR.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 164
I hate leaves! Not to mention the abundance of acorns this year also.

The new lawn vac is working overtime to attempt to keep ahead of the leaves, so far, it's a losing battle.

What should I do with clover in my yard?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm getting ready to spray this on my lawn.

Weed B Gon.jpg

that’s a waste of money and time

I've always had good luck with it. What numbers are best? Is there a brand you recommend? I like the ones that screw on the hose for my property.

This is on the label:
Weed B Gon label.jpg

Since Josh hasnt gotten back yet...
@drkelly IF you want to use that stuff, open the top and squeeze in a tablespoon of dish soap like Dawn and pay attention to the square feet that it says it controls. What Josh is saying is that consumer products S U C K ! and I agree whole heartedly!
Casey, make sure you're referring to white clover not chickweed. Chickweed is rampant early this year. The clover is what Josh said and requires a good surfactant for proper coverage.

I've always had good luck with it. What numbers are best? Is there a brand you recommend? I like the ones that screw on the hose for my property.

This is on the label:
View attachment 330458
If you prefer a hose end adapter to apply products that’s fine, just buy a good one a keep it clean, most will only treat 2500-5000sqft, so you do the numbers/math on the product your using,

with that material your wasting the crabgrass control because there isn’t any out right now

also before you start spraying over newly seeded grass it has to be mature, if you start to early you stunt the growth, which in turn slows the root production down, which in turn makes for grass dying in the summer months

MOW IT 5 times or more before applying herbicides, live with the weeds for the fall/winter

Speedzone southern
Speedzone red label
Triplet
4 speed xt

9f347cd914e5dff7413bf74783a3dfa2.jpg

Yep you got clover mixed with something else but Momentum, or Three Way from Site One will take care of it. That being said @guffey24 does sell these products, I just don't know how he could get small quantities to individuals to make it worthwhile for either of you.

Yep you got clover mixed with something else but Momentum, or Three Way from Site One will take care of it. That being said @guffey24 does sell these products, I just don't know how he could get small quantities to individuals to make it worthwhile for either of you.
Should I spray it now or wait? It's in areas that I have recently seeded.

Should I spray it now or wait? It's in areas that I have recently seeded.

no sir you should wait, if you haven’t fed your grass after overseeding do it now

starter with seeding
November high nitrogen
January high nitrogen

if your grass is maturing and you have mowed it and it’s continuing to grow at a steady pace you can spray in December

While we are on the subject of lawn, what will kill, hopefully a slow agonizing death at that, fire ants. I have battle to keep them out of my yard for a few years now but they are now gaining me. I can treat a hill and it seems like three more pop up. Cost is not a factor if it works!

While we are on the subject of lawn, what will kill, hopefully a slow agonizing death at that, fire ants. I have battle to keep them out of my yard for a few years now but they are now gaining me. I can treat a hill and it seems like three more pop up. Cost is not a factor if it works!

Top Choice by Bayer, 1 app is guaranteed for 1 year, it is restricted use, so you need a pesticide license to buy, gotta know a buddy with a license

Top Choice by Bayer, 1 app is guaranteed for 1 year, it is restricted use, so you need a pesticide license to buy, gotta know a buddy with a license
Thanks for the info!

2 questions:
1. What kind of white worms are these? Will they do damage to my yard as they mature?
20201114_090313.jpg

B. What is this junk weed that is coming up in my newly planted area and do I need to address it?
20201115_103047.jpg

2 questions:
1. What kind of white worms are these? Will they do damage to my yard as they mature?
View attachment 330835

B. What is this junk weed that is coming up in my newly planted area and do I need to address it?
View attachment 330836

I’ve got no idea on what either of those are, but would wager a guess that fire could solve both of your problems.

2 questions:
View attachment 330835

View attachment 330836
Next time throw a beer can in the pic for size reference. I don't think those are worms. I don't see that weed in my travels so I don't know. @guffey24 can answer better than me.

Back