Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

Dramatic? I reckon that's a bit subjective brother...

My 06 F-350 also did fine pulling my 28' PJ GN with TC and 4runner (I'd guess ~5k# over what you just quoted), but @77GreenMachine ended up unloading at the bottom bc his truck (04 2500HD gasser) came to a stand-still. Good thing he knew what was ahead and was prepared for it. But what if he hadn't been up there before, got further up that hill, didn't have as much experience pulling or backing a trailer and had his entire family with him (including a wife and 2 small children)...am I still dramatic at that point or have I crossed over the line to being safe and looking out for a friend? I'd hate for somebody to roll up there for the first time bc of all the hype they've heard on here about how great the place is and go to pulling that thing and not know what lies ahead. Especially if their entire family is with them. Could get ugly real fast so why not use it if you got it??

Say what you want. That’s the steepest asphalt hill I’ve ever seen. If you have a good low first gear you’ll be fine, but if you have the option to put it in low 4x4 what’s the harm? Be a lot easier on everything, and it’s also good to engage 4x4 and low every so often.

My truck literally would not do it. It just stopped and if I’d kept trying something was gonna let go. Dude Troy is talking about had a 14+ Duramax and I bet he wishes now that he’d simply took 30 seconds to put it in low range and not have to fool with a burnt up trans.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be/sound insensitive or promote being unsafe. Only pointing out that while the hill is steep, it ain't the worst I've ever towed up/down...
And agree that Phillip did the right thing given the circumstances. :beer:

Pretty sure the dirty max driver pulling the 5th wheel that smoked his trans 1/2 way up and had to be pulled up by the log skidder wouldn't agree

I was similarly loaded as you the first trip. Equipment trailer and TJ and took the hill in my 05 f350 in 2wd but used my low 1st gear. By the top I could feel the tires slipping a little. So this time pulling the enclosed (about 3k more) I decided to engage the front axle. Just for insurance.

Since my truck is all manual, engaging the front axle/locking the hubs would've required stopping, which was only gonna happen if the ass end tore loose or I met someone coming down the hill... I saw it coming and maintained as much speed as possible until it leveled out.

So, appears that only Chevy's have issues on that hill? :flipoff2:

Too many variables in the Isuzu dudes failure pinpoint the true cause... I'm positive it couldn't have been running a "surpass the Allison's torque rating by 25% tune", attempting to crawl the hill, or the trans never being serviced? ;)

Nobody in our group of 12 rigs mentioned anything about the hill (issues or otherwise), but ALL bitched about the 2.75+ miles of continuous "pothole" on the Army Corps road :lol:

Maiden voyage since the frame off rebuild and no major issues :rockon:

23634.jpeg
23632.jpeg

:usa:

Been storing this 67 at my father's property in VA (to keep my number of visible "unregistered vehicles" to a minimum). Cleared out enough that she gets to come back home.
The 5.9l gasser did pretty good, first time with this combo, back roads at 50mph was harder than the highway at 75mph.

Attachments

• IMG_20200911_151938675_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200911_151938675_HDR.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 204
I was about to say....we bout had an altercation there last week if faggotboy would have actually confronted any of us instead of driving off alone while still wearing a mask shooting the bird

I see the tractor is delivered.

This also looks like where I met my buddy that was d*ck ridin' for Bidin
Yes it is delivered and I didn't see and biden riders this stop lol.

Is that a full tilt deck trailer? Trying to make my mind up on tilt deck vs ramps.
Yes full hydraulic 24' tilt. Its the only way to go, my only complaint about this trailer is I wish it was a deckover.

Yes full hydraulic 24' tilt. Its the only way to go, my only complaint about this trailer is I wish it was a deckover.

I noticed at the get together that the ram mount looks like it hangs way low, has that ever caused an issue?

Duane

I noticed at the get together that the ram mount looks like it hangs way low, has that ever caused an issue?

Duane
The original owner added that, not really sure why he mounted it the way he did. It has dragged a couple times but never stopped me, I will be making the trailer a deckover soonish and I will mount the cylinder the correct way.

Is that a full tilt deck trailer? Trying to make my mind up on tilt deck vs ramps.

Deffinatly get full tilt. I'm moving stuff from my house and shop since I'm putting the house up for sale. Once this trailer sells I have another specd out ready to order.

20201117_152758.jpg

Back