Lots of interesting news today

So there's tons of vehicles sitting around that are basically just short computer chips, right? So when those chips are available, there should be a flood of vehicles completed quickly, correct? If that coincides with end of year model end clearance, they should be cheap right?

I guess we'll see.
I feel like there is a slim chance any cars come down in price. Why would the greedy capitalists accept lower profits? Now I need like two promotions at work :D

So there's tons of vehicles sitting around that are basically just short computer chips, right? So when those chips are available, there should be a flood of vehicles completed quickly, correct? If that coincides with end of year model end clearance, they should be cheap right?

I guess we'll see.
honestly i bet they would rather scrap them and wright the loss off and keep next year prices high then sell them cheap. from what ive been told from a friend that works at a dealership there isnt much mark up on new vehicles anyway.

honestly i bet they would rather scrap them and wright the loss off and keep next year prices high then sell them cheap. from what ive been told from a friend that works at a dealership there isnt much mark up on new vehicles anyway.

There might not be much markup at the dealership, but the revenue numbers that the manufacturers disclose say they are making plenty. Cost-based pricing went out the window years ago.

From what ive been told from a friend that works at a dealership there isnt much mark up on new vehicles anyway.
Bullshit.

Maybe by the time it filters to lowly salesmen...but we've been gutting the old GMAC building in Winston for Don Flow (flow motors) for the last 5 years...the money that business generates is obscene

I think the model Carvana has designed will be the future of new car sales. The salesman will disappear and the whole process of buying a new veh will be done online in the near future.

There will obviously still be a need for service centers.

I think it was @shawn who said something along the lines of 'the most you should ever pay is 20% less than the window sticker, otherwise you're doing it wrong'. I've found that to be pretty accurate when lots are flush with cars. 20% is a considerable amount, and they're still making money...not to mention the folks that don't like to haggle. Out of context I'm not sure what number your friend was referencing as being marked up...maybe MSRP, but probably not cost.

That was an awesome article!
Her husband is now running for Congress in Washington state I believe.
Edit: It may be DC

This could have some huge consequences.

Yea.... similar to what happened here last year. Enough people just want something 'different' without understanding at all what the consequences will be. Very few people think past their nose these days.

Looks like good news for everyone not named @Jody Treadway

Nah. Been watching trends for a few weeks. Our stock is turned over so quickly, we're in good shape. Especially since our stuff is all specialty. Can keep prices up longer.
Big home builder yards could get their asses handed to them however.

In my simplistic, chivalrous view, he wouldn't turn wearing a mask into an issue he was willing to shoo... ....nevermind I forgot what forum I was on. :D
I assumed he was mad that the store wasn't requiring them and shot the cashier for not wearing one or agreeing with him, does the article say if he was pro mask or not?

In my simplistic, chivalrous view, he wouldn't go full-on snowflake and turn wearing a mask into an issue he was willing to shoo... ....nevermind I forgot what forum I was on. :D
Right?
I mean regardless of how useless the fawking masks are as we all, undoubtedly, agree.
Regardless of that, just be a decent human and be polite to the store's stupid wishes, its a private business after all, and comply with what they ask.
Civil disobedience never fixed anything...

(all snark aside - pulling a gun was definitely about 10,000 steps too far)

Back