Lots of interesting news today

The wording basically says no motor vehicle can be raised or lowered more than 3" from stock. They didn't put verbiage that specified up in front and down in rear
Didn’t we already have a lift law that wasn’t enforced? I haven’t read the bill 🤨

@CasterTroy the bill as I read it bans lifting the front more that 3”, “and” lowering the rear more than 2”.

Both at the same time.

3A75B09C-B098-4639-A72F-E3A64042767D.jpeg

Article asserts that my assumption is correct

The version I saw didn't have the "and"

That's a relief
It actually seems to replace and remove the 6” lift limit. It wasn’t enforced anyway but 😍

@CasterTroy the bill as I read it bans lifting the front more that 3”, “and” lowering the rear more than 2”.

Both at the same time.

View attachment 348643

Article asserts that my assumption is correct
I have seen this same page. The real question, for me, is the statements on the following page. The thing that has protected "offroaders" in the past is the clause that about being used for offroad at the top. They have also eliminated this clause.

I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, i will be glad to rid the world of those abominations. But on the other, i dislike the govt "reach" here. There were already plenty of laws on the books that made these things illegal, but yet they are not being enforced. What makes anyone think these will be enforced, more than just to tack on top if they get pulled for speeding/reckless driving? Part of me wonders what inspection stations are passing these things. They clearly should fail for multiple reasons. I would start to lean on inspection shops for passing crap like that.

Part of me wonders what inspection stations are passing these things. They clearly should fail for multiple reasons. I would start to lean on inspection shops for passing crap like that.
The NC inspection is pretty minimal. What would fail?
Headlight aiming is what comes to my mind, but I'm not sure that is even an actual requirement, as I have never seen a shop actually measure it.

It would definitely fail here in MD, as our inspection is extremely thorough and almost all vehicle fail on ... something. However we only have it required once, when you register, so if they just mod the car after getting plates its then up to a cop to ticket them.

There were already plenty of laws on the books that made these things illegal, but yet they are not being enforced. What makes anyone think these will be enforced, more than just to tack on top if they get pulled for speeding/reckless driving?
QFT

I am typically not for government intrusion into anything but after being blinded innumerable times by these idiots I honestly don’t care.

While I think squatting is stupid I would’ve been happy if they had passed a bill that said headlights must be aimed properly or face a penalty.

Obviously inspections are being circumvented or are otherwise ineffective.

The NC inspection is pretty minimal. What would fail?
Headlight aiming is what comes to my mind, but I'm not sure that is even an actual requirement, as I have never seen a shop actually measure it.

It would definitely fail here in MD, as our inspection is extremely thorough and almost all vehicle fail on ... something. However we only have it required once, when you register, so if they just mod the car after getting plates its then up to a cop to ticket them.
Headlights are an easy one. Most of them have straight pipes. Typical steering components are highly questionable to most.

Hey now, some of us with legit shitboxes need those questionable inspection stations......

Duane
Oh I understand that too well. The last few years the state has leaned hard on shops for window tint. I'm just saying they should lean on them for this bs a little more.

I was thinking he got bit by a snake and died. With the weather,bears,snakes,ticks,skeeters,chiggers,fire ants etc. he's lucky to be alive.
Was he injured? Just a quick gauge on the google maps scale makes it look like the furthest you can get from any road is about 10 miles, and if you count the dirt roads cutting through it, maybe only 2-3 miles.

Was he injured? Just a quick gauge on the google maps scale makes it look like the furthest you can get from any road is about 10 miles, and if you count the dirt roads cutting through it, maybe only 2-3 miles.
Some of them woods are nasty, pocosins, creeks, swamps, thickets you can not get through etc. I would not want to be there in the summer w the humidity and the biting bugs. Huge clouds of huge skeeters, so many you can hear them humming when there is no wind/sound.

Last edited:
Some of them woods are nasty, pocosins, creeks, swamps, thickets you can not get through etc. I would not want to be there in the summer w the humidity and the biting bugs. Huge clouds of skeeters so many you can hear them humming when there is no wind/sound.
Certainly, but it just seems odd that it took 8 days. A couple days sure, but ive bushwhacked through a half mile of brush on hands and knees crawling and climbing over burned/fallen tree trunks with a 40lb pack on my back at Linville Gorge and Curtis creek in a couple hours, all while fighting elevation too.

Last edited:
Certainly, but it just seems odd that it took 8 days. A couple days sure, but ive bushwhacked through a half mile of brush and hands and knees crawling and climbing over burned/fallen tree trunks with a 40lb pack on my back at Linville Gorge and Curtis creek in a couple hours, all while fighting elevation too.
Shrooms dude. Shit takes a few days

The first choice is turning the guns into the ATF. The ATF says this choice would be at “no-cost” to gun owners. This move is gun confiscation. The second choice would be to install a barrel that more than 16 inches long. The third choice is to pay a $200 tax stamp and register it as an SBR. The final option would be to modify the brace and not sell it to anyone in the future.
The fifth option is to not talk about the existence of such a gun.

They left something out

Last edited:
Last edited:
So this is the comment period. How many "NO." do they have to get doe it to actually matter?
A larger number than is actually possible.

Back