Lots of interesting news today

When my wifes parents and mine that live here too are gone we'll be packing.
I cannot believe the level of building and sprawl in JoCo when we go back, insane.

Fuck... So never get your car serviced.... Or do it yourself
I'd be really curious if he literally handed his keys to the 19 y/o kid, or a service manager. If its the latter, I'd think there's be a lot more room to say that he was not responsible for that particular individual.

I'd be really curious if he literally handed his keys to the 19 y/o kid, or a service manager. If its the latter, I'd think there's be a lot more room to say that he was not responsible for that particular individual.
most dealerships have front service people that deal with customers and then they pass everything on to the mechanics. how was the owner to know which tech was going to get his car.

most dealerships have front service people that deal with customers and then they pass everything on to the mechanics. how was the owner to know which tech was going to get his car.
That's my point, and I'd think what the lawyer would argue - that he did not consent to THAT GUY driving his car.

I bet he did not consent for anyone to drop clutch and run over someone with his car. WTF.

I wonder if these really are averages, or are based on medians. In the CS field for instance it can be really skewed by the right-coast tech industry.

Also - the mid-level career mean salary is now $132k? I'm assuming thats across all degrees and disciplines, but that's mind blowing. Fed salaries have definitely not caught up.
But again I'm guessing that is inflated by the top end.
inflated also by DC, CA, NYC salaries (and the tech industry as a whole)

uggggaaahh, I don't want to become another Commifornia.
Just like Charlotte! I've watched it BOOM, for 50 years, & even the recessions were only a bump in the road! Most of the Small cities, Never controlled or tried, as the growth swallowed them up! Now, the Sub-urbanites, have moved even farther out, taking over all the farm land. And like I've said for at least twenty years, " they can build all the subdivisions, but don't have a road to drive on"! And then, there's the infrastructure & schools!

These two articles are on the same page at the same time. Seems like a serious disconnect!

These two articles are on the same page at the same time. Seems like a serious disconnect!

The connection is there, they just don't want to admit it haha.

Duane

"The streets of the capital are empty but evidence of last night's violence is everywhere - buses thrown into the lake, others with windows smashed out and tyres still burning."

I need to speak with the ones who did this. I have some job opportunities for them. :laughing:
when you have tons of people around with nothing else to do, a little coordination means you can move some impressive things.

"The streets of the capital are empty but evidence of last night's violence is everywhere - buses thrown into the lake, others with windows smashed out and tyres still burning."

I need to speak with the ones who did this. I have some job opportunities for them. :laughing:
In all seriousness be careful what you wish for, this summer is gonna be a rough patch. Let alone winter when the heat needs to run.

BS, another Outer Banks house collapses into the sea because it was built too close to the sea, tides and shifting sands that come with the storms. The "banks" on the east coast have been moving and shifting forever and they will continue for ever no matter how times we nourishment these beaches.

Last edited:

BS, another Outer Banks house collapses into the sea because it was built too close to the sea, tides and shifting sands that come with the storms. The "banks" on the east coast have been moving and shifting forever and they will continue for ever no matter how times we nourishment these beaches.
What if we plant kudzu there? It might overtake the ocean!

the 4-day noreaster had nothing to do with it! I am working in Hatteras my daily commute is 1/4 mile of 6 to 7-inch water on the road.I like rental cars.

when you have tons of people around with nothing else to do, a little coordination means you can move some impressive things.
One of my personal rules is to stay away from crowds, especially crowds that seem to spring up out of nowhere. Lots of bad things happen in crowds.

In all seriousness be careful what you wish for, this summer is gonna be a rough patch. Let alone winter when the heat needs to run.
If not before, I think things will get sporty very soon.

Back