Lots of interesting news today

Or just use it, and save $1500 ;)
This is what I'd assume. Anybody w/ a truck and normal driving would burn through that long before it'd be bad.

Ive never been a thief, but ive played out all sorts of scenarios in my head on "how I'd do it". Sitting in a parking lot for 2hrs just to make off with $1500 worth of gas does not seem worth the risk. Is there really that great of a market for bootleg gas? I would imagine they have to sell if for at least 50c/gal below regular unleaded market, and they probably didn't know they were jacking premium until they saw the article. Dudes are probably only going to clear $800.

Or just use it, and save $1500 ;)
The store is about a mile from my house and I've not got gas there for years. It's hard to get in and out of the parking lot and with a trailer it's worse. The "new" owner struggles w his english and has a temper, he had one when I asked him where were the squeegees and soap? in windshield washer bins at the pumps.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Morons think electric cars are a good idea?
CNN is such a fear mongerer though. Both of these statements are from the same article, just a few paragraphs apart:
"Extreme temperatures and ongoing drought could cause the power grid to buckle across vast areas of the country this summer...a US power grid regulator said Wednesday."

"NERC says much of North America will have adequate resources and electricity on hand this summer, but several markets are at risk of energy emergencies."

:rolleyes:

Let's recap.
Dude is caught with 99 pills of fentanyl and gets 20 years in jail, charged with drug trafficking.
Then an officer steals those exact same pills, and gets only 10 years potentially, charged only with larceny.
And yet people wonder why there is a belief that police can just get away with things.

Let's recap.
Dude is caught with 99 pills of fentanyl and gets 20 years in jail, charged with drug trafficking.
Then an officer steals those exact same pills, and gets only 10 years potentially, charged only with larceny.
And yet people wonder why there is a belief that police can just get away with things.
To be fair, the cop hadn't trafficked them yet, so he's not guilty of that. But I'd say make em cell mates and see how it sorts out.

dang I have enjoyed having some spring like weather.....about a week of that and I am ready for January. Just skip fall. I need chill.
We did actually have a spring this year, was nice 👍🏻

CNN is such a fear mongerer though. Both of these statements are from the same article, just a few paragraphs apart:
"Extreme temperatures and ongoing drought could cause the power grid to buckle across vast areas of the country this summer...a US power grid regulator said Wednesday."

"NERC says much of North America will have adequate resources and electricity on hand this summer, but several markets are at risk of energy emergencies."

The news sells fear, period.

Unfortunately I don't think the CNN article it is fake news.

Unfortunately I don't think the CNN article it is fake news.
Indeed, not fake news, but certainly overdramatic interpretation.

The bidirectional charging idea could provide tremendous relief with enough cooperation. The power grid produces more than enough overall capacity in 24 hours, but it gets overwhelmed during peak hours. A reprieve of probably 10-15% during peak hours would likely solve the issue almost everywhere it is occurring. Energy storage is an up and coming "big thing" and electric cars actually can help with that.

Indeed, not fake news, but certainly overdramatic interpretation.

The bidirectional charging idea could provide tremendous relief with enough cooperation. The power grid produces more than enough overall capacity in 24 hours, but it gets overwhelmed during peak hours. A reprieve of probably 10-15% during peak hours would likely solve the issue almost everywhere it is occurring. Energy storage is an up and coming "big thing" and electric cars actually can help with that.
I'm not plugging in my electric car to discharge it.

Back