Lots of interesting news today

good to see that our elected officials are focused on the priorities

good to see that our elected officials are focused on the priorities

I thought Republicans were against overregulation, forcing people to do things, and the state sticking their nose in other people's business.

Here's a crazy idea. Leave the teachers the f!@# alone and let them do what they're good at and just be a teacher.

I thought Republicans were against overregulation, forcing people to do things, and the state sticking their nose in other people's business.

Here's a crazy idea. Leave the teachers the f!@# alone and let them do what they're good at and just be a teacher.

Republicans just want to force people to do things their way, just like democrats. Both parties just want to regulate.

Well my take is school period isn't the place for contact on that social level......so if Bobby's dad gets a call for smooching on Billy during lunch that's in the parents court. Just play it even across the board. Even when Becky the science teacher is caught snacking on Joe the football jock..........

Even when Becky the science teacher is caught snacking on Joe the football jock..........
Back when I was in school they never made teachers that were remotely smoochable. They all looked like Aunt Edna, or ...well the gym teachers

capture.jpg

Back when I was in school they never made teachers that were remotely smoochable. They all looked like Aunt Edna, or ...well the gym teachers

View attachment 391481
True story. My (female) high school gym teacher stole my 9th grade girlfriend from me. Took a while to get over that one.
They lived together her last year of high school and 4 or 5 more years after.
They've long since separated but she still plays for the other team.

True story. My (female) high school gym teacher stole my 9th grade girlfriend from me. Took a while to get over that one.
They lived together her last year of high school and 4 or 5 more years after.
They've long since separated but she still plays for the other team.
I think you should solace in find this part.

China: "Its just a rogue research balloon that we lost control off."
U.S.: "Oh so you wouldn't mind if we were to capture it for you and give it a good look over then right?"
China: "...."
US.: "???"
China: "Why don't you just shoot it down already."
I for one have been asking myself, Why didn't we "Capture" it? I'm no military person, but would seem the Air Force, would have Something, they could have deployed, to control it & land it, at a Base. Net, lasso, tag line, controlled deflation, Harrier?

Without reading the bill, I'm not sure if this narrative is correct. The press likes to talk about how the teachers are forced to disclose things to the parents. But what they often don't articulate is that this is a preventative measure to keep the teachers from pushing agendas and fostering their own beliefs in their students. If the teacher doesn't want to disclose or "out" a student's sexual orientation, there is a good way to avoid it. Stay the f*"k out of my child's sexual business. It's not your job to see who he is holding hands with between classes.

First the guy who flew to TN and back, now Kyle Busch gets caught coming back with a gun he "forgot" was in his bag. How do you forget you have a gun in your bag before you board an airplane? And how sorry is the TSA at NC airports to let this happen? Or is TSA just that sorry in general?

Duane

First the guy who flew to TN and back, now Kyle Busch gets caught coming back with a gun he "forgot" was in his bag. How do you forget you have a gun in your bag before you board an airplane? And how sorry is the TSA at NC airports to let this happen? Or is TSA just that sorry in general?

Duane

Duane
Not sure how it is now, but, they used to have a failure rate over 70%.

Duane
TSA is a little different on the private jet side...

I thought about that, but assumed it was equally lax on the Mexico side. Guess not lol.

Duane
No. Because when Mexico stops a US celebrity...well their agents get a payday.
Mexican law enforcement is still ruled by 'plata o plomo'

Without reading the bill, I'm not sure if this narrative is correct. The press likes to talk about how the teachers are forced to disclose things to the parents. But what they often don't articulate is that this is a preventative measure to keep the teachers from pushing agendas and fostering their own beliefs in their students. If the teacher doesn't want to disclose or "out" a student's sexual orientation, there is a good way to avoid it. Stay the f*"k out of my child's sexual business. It's not your job to see who he is holding hands with between classes.

Yea...all we ever hear is they are 'underpaid' and complain and complain, but yet they keep adding to the 'scope' of work teachers are responsible for.

School from 8-1 with a 15 min snack time (not a full lunch) and then you go home.
No PE
No 'recess'
No nap time
No spending 30 mins of a full day swapping classes
No movie days
no lunch time (untold amount of $ and time wasted here)
no 8-1 'club' meetings.
In HS, sign up for classes that will help when you graduate, not weightlifting and French language. I wasted SO much time from 8-3 in HS....all paid for by immoral and corrupt property taxes.

get in, learn your three Rs and get out. There should not be enough time to worry about anyones sexuality or gender. Why does anyone care anyway? Why is it so complicated?

Duane
It's ok, we can just follow the Britney Griner playbook, when Kyle Busch is locked up, we can trade a dangerous cartel terrorist for him and get him out!

Yea...all we ever hear is they are 'underpaid' and complain and complain, but yet they keep adding to the 'scope' of work teachers are responsible for.

School from 8-1 with a 15 min snack time (not a full lunch) and then you go home.
No PE
No 'recess'
No nap time
No spending 30 mins of a full day swapping classes
No movie days
no lunch time (untold amount of $ and time wasted here)
no 8-1 'club' meetings.
In HS, sign up for classes that will help when you graduate, not weightlifting and French language. I wasted SO much time from 8-3 in HS....all paid for by immoral and corrupt property taxes.

get in, learn your three Rs and get out. There should not be enough time to worry about anyones sexuality or gender. Why does anyone care anyway? Why is it so complicated?
It's pretty clear you've never spent 5 hours in a room full of 25 kids with only a 15 minute break.

well obviously you're not at peak heart rate and utilizing every single second for 5 hours and we are not demanding 100% focused attention for 5 hours. No doubt that is unreasonable.

and obviously you're tailoring kindergarten a bit different than 10th grade.

they have work time, reading time, one on one time, time to pass out papers, take up papers, go over computer lessons, snack time, some activities you're sitting, some you're standing, sip drinks, watch a 15 min instructional vid, open discussion time, rotate teachers for art and music and whatever, on and on.

Oh, and the teachers get to go home earlier to make up for that slightly elevated work pace.

its not hell on earth....but we sure are trying to make it that way.

Back